Thread: Crashes in my M2TW

Default Crashes in my M2TW

Sometimes i'll log into the game & play for hours with no problems then other times i log in & whammy 10 minutes in i crash. The 1 thing i noticed is when it does crash its always just as im entering a battle or my campaign turn is about to begin- no exceptions. Screen goes black, my pc locks up & i have to manually restart.

My computer is a dual core 3.2g with 2g ddr2 667 ram, raptor HDD & 2 x 256mb 7600GT cards so my specs exceed minimum req's by far. Ive the latest official drivers installed. I have a firewall & regularly scan for adware/spyware as well as run registry cleaner. Not experiencing problems with other games/software.

Any1 else encounter this problem or possibly knows the cause? Any help would b greatly appreciated.
    Last edited by sparky1978; November 19, 2006 at 02:45 PM.

Romanos's Avatar Hey

Default Re: Crashes in my M2TW

Moved to the Technical Help.
    Under the Great and Honorable Patronage of Fabolous
    Patron (father) of Sir Matthias and ForgottenImmortal
    Grandson of Lucius Veronus
    Member of S.I.N
    Sept 2003 - 2004 - 2nd Generation Jun 23 2004 (25-Feb)

Same symptons here...my specs is a dual core 3.2 Ghz with 2Gb ddr2 PC-800 ram, western digital 250 gb SATA2 16Mb HDD and Nvidia 7900 with 512Mb ram card

Try turning off your firewall, I have Zone Alarm and it locks me up all the time.
    Create a Multiplayer Army Online at: www.shogun2armycreator.netne.net
    Your Unofficial Shogun 2 Tech Support Genius
    Visit my Youtube Channel
    Shogun 2 and Star Wars: The Old Republic Gameplay

http://www.youtube.com/itsmymillertime

Darsh's Avatar Maréchal de l'Empire

same for me

Légion étrangère : « Honneur et Fidélité »

what happens is i lock up and my spekers then squeek in high pitched tone. I have to force a reboot.

I've tried every possible solution. I'm just gonna hold off untill I get a Conroe board which is a good thing cos then I will play MTW2 when it gets patched and modded out!

I think its due to the dual core processor, i've heard its got compatability issues with some games. Hopefully as we move into the new generation of DX10 theyll sort this out.

Duel core does have problems with a lot of games, thats why I sent mine back and replaced with a single core. There is a small solution to the duel core bug though to make your games run on one chip as opposed to both chips and it works.

alt + tab the game to the desktop, ctrl+alt+del to open task manager, select me2tw, right click to options (i think) and choose "set affinity" option, deselect chip "0", apply and then re-enter the game by alt+tabbing.

Im sure a lot of people know this already but I found it really useful for making games run on my ex-duel core system, though it is a pain in the butt to keep disabling chips everytime you run the game... AMD and Pentium should bring a patch out to address this issue.

I hope this helps somewhat.

edit: for what its worth I have a single core processor now and the game crashes in the same way for me too.
    Last edited by verena xeventus; November 23, 2006 at 01:12 AM. Reason: update
    If deception is an art, then the world is full of artists!
    Trust No One!