Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Discussion about the ents, spiders and wolves crashes.

Veteraan's Avatar TATW Local Moderator

Default Re: We need your help in collecting data about the ents, spiders and wolves crashes! please read the first post of this thread before replying

Quote Originally Posted by Roma_Victrix View Post
    Sorry I don't have a report to give, but I too have had the game crash with Ents and spiders. However, by simply kicking the graphics down from "high" texture quality to "medium" texture quality, plus putting unit detail on "low", I have found the game can play with Ents or spiders and of course Sauron (the bigger the army he commands, including sometimes Mumakil on the same battlefield, the more likely my game will crash).

After such battles are done, I just kick the graphics back up to the way they were before and enjoy the detailed eye candy once more.
    I have tried this, even with every setting on low or disabled, but it still crashes. Do you never have crashes when fighting battles with textures on medium and unit details low or less crashes?

Also something that is commonly reported is that sometimes battles can be played without crashing, even several times after another. I tested this myself and sometimes managed to play the same battle up to 10 times without crashing. The crashes always reappear though.

And yes, it seems that the chance of a crash happening increases if there are more "problematic" units present.

Citizenised by Shankbot - Patron of b0Gia - House de Bodemloze

Default Re: We need your help in collecting data about the ents, spiders and wolves crashes! please read the first post of this thread before replying

Just a quick observation, I will try some extensive testing later when I have day to spare.

Mos 1.7
    Playing as Lorien, I attacked the small nearby wolf army during winter (snowy battlefield), I tried several times and always it crashed within seconds after pressing start battle. When waiting a turn, I played the battle during summer and the battle played fine.

Never had issues with winter-battles, even with much larger armies on the field.

Roma_Victrix's Avatar Call me Ishmael

Quote Originally Posted by Veteraan View Post
    I have tried this, even with every setting on low or disabled, but it still crashes. Do you never have crashes when fighting battles with textures on medium and unit details low or less crashes?
    I generally don't have crashes, even with unit details and textures kicked up to the high setting. I did, however, find it necessary to edit the weather file in the data folder to get rid of stormy weather with lightning. That usually caused crashes. Generally rainy, snowy, and cloudy weather is fine, though. I almost never experience crashes in MOS, but with DAC I can go long bouts of playing without crashes and then suddenly the game gets stuck in a rut on one specific settlement or faction leader and crashes every time when I take said settlement or kill said faction leader.

Also something that is commonly reported is that sometimes battles can be played without crashing, even several times after another. I tested this myself and sometimes managed to play the same battle up to 10 times without crashing. The crashes always reappear though.

And yes, it seems that the chance of a crash happening increases if there are more "problematic" units present.

Rafkos's Avatar Senator

It's been awhile since I last posted here, but I know what's causing the problem. It's not because of any animations. It's the model itself, they sometimes are not well optimised, there may be some unused vertexes or wrong faces in the models. To fix that the best would to redo the model, if you don't have the time, you may also export it and try to fix with some sort of 3d mesh softwares. Had something similar in one of my building models, replacing it with something new fixed the problem.

Ngugi's Avatar TATW & Albion Local Mod

Interesting suggestion, but if it was the model itself, should not all encounter the issue?
    In this case there are elephant models from different sources and creators who all create issues for the same users

Kingdom of Lindon preview video out

DCI: Last Alliance
    - WIP Second Age mod | DCI: Tôl Acharn - mighty Dúnedain Counter Invasions |
    Additional Mercenary Minimod - more mercs; for TATW and DCI | Family Tree minimods - lore improvements | Remade Event Pictures - enhance cultures trough images |
    Favorite TATW compilation: Withwnars Submod Collection
    Patron of Mank, Kiliç Alì, FireFreak111, MIKEGOLF & Arachir Galudirithon, Earl of Memory

Well, until the model can be fixed, it's actually finally starting to get on my nerves in terms of the frequency that I have to kick my graphics up and down just to accomodate this one stupid unit that Mordor recruits for nearly every Crusade. Which file in the "data" folder controls the recruitment of spiders, called "Black Spiders Adult" in export_descr_unit of MOS, for example? I can't find them anywhere in the export_descr_buildings file, where large lists of units exist, showing where each one can be recruited in regards to barracks, stables, and archery ranges. The name "Black Spiders Adult" appears in the descr_strat file, but that file doesn't seem to dictate where they can be recruited on the campaign map. They're obviously available to Mordor as regional (or perhaps Crusade?) mercenaries. Which file do I need to edit in order to remove them entirely?

Check descr_mercenaries.txt in data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign

Additional Mercenary Minimod - more mercs; for TATW and DCI | Family Tree minimods - lore improvements | Remade Event Pictures - enhance cultures trough images |
    Patron of Mank, Kiliç Alì, FireFreak111, MIKEGOLF & Arachir Galudirithon, Earl of Memory

Quote Originally Posted by Ngugi View Post
    Check descr_mercenaries.txt in data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign
    I found the entry for it...and deleted it without issue. The game and current campaign seem to work just fine after doing so. Thanks!

Goodo
    May not be saved game compatible, IIRC, so could still be issues with spiders in this campaign, just so you know.

- Crashes Yes/No: Yes

- Windows version: 8.1 Pro 64

- CPU: I5-3570k

- RAM (memory): 8GB

- Video card (GPU) : XFX 7870

- Video card (GPU) type and memory: GDDR5 2GB

- Video driver version: Catalyst 15.7.1

- Game shader version: 2

- Additional info: Have crashing issues when starting battles any time I have Ents in my Army or am fighting an army of just spiders. It's to the point where I can't really fight any battles because all my armies have Ents in them.

Telperion's Avatar Foederatus

- Crashes Yes/No:Yes
    - Windows version: windows 8.1 64-bit

- CPU: AMD A6-4400M APU with Radeon(tm) HD Graphics 2.70GHz

- RAM (memory): 8.0 GB

- Video card (GPU) : 1; AMD Radeon HD 7670M
    2; AMD Radeon HD 7520G + HD7670M dual graphics

- Video card (GPU) type and memory: 5067 MB

- Video driver version: 15.201.1101.0

- Game shader version: tried both

- Additional info: crashes most of the times spiders are involved. doesnt matter if high/low graphics. one time i resolved it by restarting the game, but it was only the one time

z3n's Avatar State of Mind
    Moderator Emeritus

Crashes Yes/No: No

Windows version: Windows 7 Professional 64-bit

CPU: Intel 3770k 4.5GHz OC

RAM (memory): 32.0 GB

Video card (GPU) : 1 GeForce GTX Titan
    ; 2 GeForce GTX Titan

Video card (GPU) type and memory: x2 Titans 6000 MB each

Video driver version: 350.12

Game shader version: 2

Additional info:
    No crashes but I removed germanicu5's scripts (crashed me before I removed them) and use my own BAI instead...
    The AI Workshop Creator
    Europa Barbaroum II AI/Game Mechanics Developer
    The Northern Crusades Lead Developer
    Classical Age Total War Retired Lead Developer
    Rome: Total Realism Animation Developer
    RTW Workshop Assistance MTW2 AI Tutorial & Assistance
    Broken Crescent Submod (M2TW)/IB VGR Submod (BI)/Animation (RTW/BI/ALX)/TATW PCP Submod (M2TW)/TATW DaC Submod (M2TW)/DeI Submod (TWR2)/SS6.4 Northern European UI Mod (M2TW)

Veteraan's Avatar TATW Local Moderator

That is interesting. Did the GBAI only give problems with the units this thread is about, or did it cause more crashes for you?

Citizenised by Shankbot - Patron of b0Gia - House de Bodemloze

z3n's Avatar State of Mind
    Moderator Emeritus

Randomly upon starting a battle with those units, and regularly after heroic or large battles that I had no matter the units involved.

In my experience Windows XP was very stable whereas Windows 7 wasn't before now (so perhaps alreadyded changed something?), that or the problem actually lies with pathfinding, which might make sense because I suspect this issue is primarily CPU related.

In fact using Windows 7 I have yet to encounter a single crash outside of the random and rare UI related campaign crash that is almost a given with a big mod.
    The AI Workshop Creator
    Europa Barbaroum II AI/Game Mechanics Developer
    The Northern Crusades Lead Developer
    Classical Age Total War Retired Lead Developer
    Rome: Total Realism Animation Developer
    RTW Workshop Assistance MTW2 AI Tutorial & Assistance
    Broken Crescent Submod (M2TW)/IB VGR Submod (BI)/Animation (RTW/BI/ALX)/TATW PCP Submod (M2TW)/TATW DaC Submod (M2TW)/DeI Submod (TWR2)/SS6.4 Northern European UI Mod (M2TW)

- Crashes Yes/No: Yes, but only with Spiders
    - Windows version: Windows 10

- CPU: AMD A6-4400M APU with Radeon(tm) HD Graphics 2.70GHz

- RAM (memory): 8.0 GB

- Video card (GPU) :
    AMD Radeon R9 M275

- Video card (GPU) type and memory: 2GB
    - Video driver version:

- Game shader version: Shader 1 solved my wolf problem, but the spider problem still persists

- Additional info

I had trouble with wolves and spiders, but when I switched to shader 1 it solved my wolf crashes. However spiders will still crash half the time. Ents work fine, I've never had trouble with them.

Default Re: WE NEED YOUR HELP IN COLLECTING DATA ABOUT THE ENTS, SPIDERS AND WOLVES CRASHES! PLEASE READ THE FIRST POST OF THIS THREAD BEFORE REPLYING

I have chrashes when I try to use wolfs,dragons,etc. I have PcP and the mod works fine just when I try to use the creatures it gives me unspecified error

Quote Originally Posted by Davek View Post
    Just a quick observation, I will try some extensive testing later when I have day to spare.

Mos 1.7
    Playing as Lorien, I attacked the small nearby wolf army during winter (snowy battlefield), I tried several times and always it crashed within seconds after pressing start battle. When waiting a turn, I played the battle during summer and the battle played fine.

Never had issues with winter-battles, even with much larger armies on the field.
    I just noticed the same but with spiders. During a snowy match against them, it would crash seconds after pressing start battle. I waited a year for a new season and begun the same battle. It played right till the end

MOS 1.7

- Crashes Yes/No:
    Yes

- Windows version: Windows 10 Home 64-bit (10.0, Build 10240) (10240.th1.150930-1750)

- CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4210U CPU @ 1.70GHz (4 CPUs), ~2.4GHz

- RAM (memory): 8192MB RAM

- Video card (GPU): Intel(R) HD Graphics 4400

- Video card (GPU) type and memory: NVIDIA GeForce 840M
    Display Memory: 6034 MB
    Dedicated Memory: 1996 MB
    Shared Memory: 4037 MB

- Video driver version: 361.43

- Game shader version: vertex shader version 3.0 (in game shader 2)

- Additional info: ...
    Last edited by sacred9; January 14, 2016 at 03:04 PM.
    Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new.

- Crashes Yes/No: YES!!!!

- Windows version: Windows10 64bit

- CPU: Intel Core i5 4200U 2.30 GHz

- RAM (memory): 4GB

- Video card (GPU): Intel HD Graphics Family 2120 MB

- Video driver version: 20.19.15.4331

- Additional info: Steam

Can't we get rid of wolves, ents, spiders out of the game completely, until the bugs and issues are fixed? It is really meaningless to occur such CTDs all the time which ruins the game.

♔atthias♔'s Avatar dutch speaking
    Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Farwest View Post
    - Crashes Yes/No: YES!!!!

- Windows version: Windows10 64bit

- CPU: Intel Core i5 4200U 2.30 GHz

- RAM (memory): 4GB

- Video card (GPU): Intel HD Graphics Family 2120 MB

- Video driver version: 20.19.15.4331

- Additional info: Steam

Can't we get rid of wolves, ents, spiders out of the game completely, until the bugs and issues are fixed? It is really meaningless to occur such CTDs all the time which ruins the game.
    the problem is some people dont have CTDs and they would not like I think to see them removed
    Rise of Mordor 3D Modelers Wanted
    Total War - Rise of Mordor
    Are you a 3D Environment and Character artist, or a Character Animator?

If yes, then the Rise of Mordor team linked above is looking for you!
    Massive Overhaul Submod Units!
    D you want some units back in MOS 1.7? Install this mod http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...n-1-1-RELEASED
    It adds back units who were deleted from the campaign in MOS 1.7, namely the Winged Swordsmen, the Citadel Guard Archers and the Gondor Dismounted Bodyguard.

Under the proud patronage of
    Frunk of the house of Siblesz