Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: v 0.35 Open Test Pack - Last Updated 4/2/2016

Default v 0.35 Open Test Pack - Last Updated 4/2/2016

New test pack, old thread! I've been trying to rework the economy and some other aspects of EP recently, but I'd like to have some more feedback from the public on these changes before I add it to the release version. Mainly I want to know whether these changes make the game too easy or if there are any weird side effects (there was one AI thing with trade agreements that I think I've fixed now ), but let me know anything else you think about the update in this thread. Also put your bug reports here if you're using this version. Oh, and it is mostly save-compatible, except for the startpos changes. Thanks!

Instructions: this pack does contain the full mod. I made too many changes to justify uploading it as a fix pack to the main mod. You only need this pack. It is still compatible with FotE, don't worry. You can use this pack together with FotE, like before. Just load FotE first (should be automatically).

Download Link: Removed for now.

Changelog:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

• Economic Rebalancing
      • Removed base income for all factions.
      • Gave AI factions a boost to avoid them going into negative income at the start.
      • The AI will be much more likely to accept a trade agreement with you if they benefit more from it than you do. Big factions with access to more trade resources will have an easier time securing trade agreements, as more factions will want to trade with them.
      • Added bonus tax rate for factions at lower imperium levels.
      • Increased building maintenance costs at higher imperium levels.
      • Increased income from industrial, commercial, and agricultural buildings.
      • Increased the value of all trade agreements.
      • Increased income from raiding.

• Startpos Changes (require a new campaign)
      • Fixed starting religions in Palestina, Cappadocia, and Arabia Felix.
      • Visigoths now start as Arian Christians.

• Recruitment Changes
      • Added 1 base recruitment point.
      • Lowered recruitment point gain from imperium level.
      • Added 1 recruitment point to higher level cities (3+4 major, 4 minor)

• Religion Changes
      • Added 1 point of Judaism to Aethiopian local traditions.
      • Slightly reduced public order penalties from religious differences.

• Other Stuff
      • New faction symbols and colors. All playable factions are done.
      • Reduced public order penalty from provincial food shortage.
      • Slightly reduced imperium gain from creating new hordes.
      • Added Lakhmid house traits.
      • Added higher resistance to occupation at higher imperium levels.
      • Fixed some faction names.

Update 4/1/2016

• Reduced the diplomacy bonus from governor buildings.
    • Fixed garrison compatibility with FotE. Garrisons won't be so absurdly large with both mods enabled now.
    • Decreased unit upkeep for smaller factions. Many do still start with negative income, but it should be manageable.
    • Changed some starting buildings for the Sassanids, so they start with better income.
    • Reworked recruitment again. Imperium-based bonuses removed entirely, in favor of buildings. You get 1 base recruitment point, then 1 from each city and 1 from military buildings. Hordes get 1 from their main horde chain, and 1 from military buildings.
    • Slightly decreased trade income to make it less attractive to the AI.
    • Decreased imperium level penalties to religious conversion and public order.

Update 4/2/2016

• Added Alexandrine Christianity to the "Christian Following" and "Christian Support" effect bundles.
    • Fixed missing religion effect icons for EoS religions (vanilla bug ).
    • Added bonus income for the AI. Bigger AI factions will have more bonus income. This should make trade agreements harder to obtain.
    • Slightly rebalanced corruption values (max 100% at 140 regions now).
    • Fixed bug where vassals could declare war on each other.
    • Disabled EoS factions from building temples of their opposing religion unless they convert.

Last edited by Augustusng; April 05, 2016 at 07:42 AM.

Default Re: Open Test Pack - Last Updated 7/6/2015

Update - fixed some faction and religion traits.

Decanus

Default Re: Open Test Pack - Last Updated 7/16/2015

I've just installed Attila and plan to play out maybe 2 campaigns before loading a mod, but, I'm very interested in the work you guys have done so far. I'm only guessing but EP is more focused on campaign features and not so much on battle and roster work? Two things came to mind 1. perhaps employ JaM from the Total Realism team to do your battle modding.. this could be called "Europa Perdita Realism" 2. alternatively, partner up with FotE in order to bring campaign features to their rich roster content.

In any case, I am willing to beta test as soon as I get some experience in Attila TW.

At the moment, we only have campaign features, mainly because we're not too experienced in the battle/roster side of modding. Ideally, we'd like to have someone on the team who can work on that end. Is JaM even interested in working on Attila? The FotE guys have done some really great work, but I'm not sure what they're planning on as many changes campaign-side as we are. I'm not against partnering up with them, especially as the Attila modding community seems to be pretty small at the moment, but I don't know that our mods have the same goals right now.

Anyway, we'd be glad to have more testers! If you're interested in joining the team, feel free to send a request to join the developer group so you can access our dev subforum.

Yea I've been thinking about trying the updated FotE when I get back home, and wondering if it would work alongside Europa.

My opinion on this, as August says the modding community in Attila is not too large and there are already a few mods in development, so unless we could find more experienced moders to join the team, it would be best to make Europa compatible with a selected few other mods, at least for the time being while some of the planed major features are worked on.

Libertus

I've been playing FotE with the Europa test pack, it's phenomenal! It actually makes for a very challenging campaign, disease is just as much of a danger as a rampaging horde.

All i had to do for compatibility was delete Europa's armed_citizenry table

Edit: Although i do wish Consumption wasn't so common, what entries do i need to edit to lower it's spread?
    Last edited by Shaggy_711; August 25, 2015 at 01:32 PM.

Cool, sounds great. Glad to have some more feedback.

That's what I was thinking - probably the only issue with FotE compatibility is that armed_citizenry table. Better to use FotE's garrisons in that case, since they have their own system there.

And yeah, I can lower the spread of any diseases if they're too common. There are a few values you can adjust for them, mostly in the plagues table. Check the Assembly Kit for the column headings though, as they're not labelled in PFM at the moment. Does disease break out sometimes even if your sanitation level is positive? If so, I'd like to keep it that way for some diseases, but make some of those "lesser" plagues less dangerous.

Libertus

Yes I've had consumption ravaging my cities, despite having excellent sanitation! I do like the idea of some diseases spreading despite having good sanitation, but so far it's really only been consumption and occasionally bubonic plague.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaggy_711 View Post
    Yes I've had consumption ravaging my cities, despite having excellent sanitation! I do like the idea of some diseases spreading despite having good sanitation, but so far it's really only been consumption and occasionally bubonic plague.
    Well that doesn't sound good. Bubonic plague is supposed to be the rarest of all the plagues, and consumption should be affected by sanitation. I'll look into it.

Default Re: Open Test Pack - Last Updated 10/15/2015

New public test pack uploaded. The changelog is in the OP, and in this post. This list might not be exhaustive. It's been a while since the last public release, and a lot has changed. I may have forgotten something.

Changelog - 10/15/2015
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    -Some more sanitation/plague rebalancing (let me know if smallpox or measles triggers even with positive sanitation, and how often this happens)
    -Well chain now available in major cities for barbarians
    -Celtic sacred well now gives a small sanitation bonus
    -Decreased growth cost for new hordes (hopefully this will incentivize AI horde factions to create new hordes and survive longer)
    -A few reworked army integrity penalties/bonuses
    -Public order and sanitation penalties in provinces where a horde is present (let me know if this works at all)
    -Reworked non-religious edicts. Religious edicts will be reworked later.
    -Reworked political power effects
    -Reworked some stances
    -Decreased recruitment slots: more slots unlocked at higher imperium levels
    -Sanitation buildings now provide disease attrition resistance to armies in the province (Bug: the text doesn't show up in the building panel. Maybe I've got too many effects on those sanitation buildings...)
    -Increased number of governors per imperium level
    -Added increased public order penalties from other religions per imperium level
    -Added public order effects from immigration per imperium level
    -Added irrigation effects to some level 3 and 4 sanitation buildings
    -Fixed Norse faction traits - all Norse factions are now immune to seasickness. Only Danes are immune to deep sea attrition though.
    -A few changes to the Hunnic CAI under Attila. They should be equally likely to raze, sack, and create tributary states. They should also demand that factions become their tributary state and give them gold more often.

Default Re: Open Test Pack - Last Updated 10/15/2015

Removed the download link for now, and closing the thread for now. I'm going to update the main mod in a few days with these changes and some new stuff.

Default Re: v 0.35 Open Test Pack - Last Updated 3/31/2016

Opening up this thread again with a new test pack. Details and download link in the OP. If everything's working well, the main mod will be updated with these changes soon. Please post any feedback below.

Looks good so far! Lakhmids however don't have their emblem on the bottom and top of the ui, so don't have a faction colour. The rest are fine though.

They also don't seem to have the new traits you mentioned. (The previous factions do, as reference.)
    Last edited by Delicate Strawberry; March 31, 2016 at 04:43 PM.
    The guy who used to test DeI and FotE on Mac.

Okay, I can confirm that they're missing their effect bundle icon, but the rest is working fine for me. Just played a few turns as the Lakhmids. Not an easy start. Wonder if there's a way to tell that bankruptcy message that I'm getting that money from the Sassanids next turn. But yeah, I'm working on a way to make the start for small factions less punishing. I just hope I don't have to bring back the bonus income... more interesting this way; you can see where all your money's coming from.

MajorTom's Avatar Libertus

I really like these changes, nice additions! I like that the trade-off of trades is different depending on the value of the trade, and like how even people that hate you will trade with you if it is in their best interest (make money off you and access needed resources).

I wonder if it would be possible to knock off 1-2000 from the WRE income. They are still below the ERE for profits, but, are only about 1-2000 in difference, which isn't much when both are earning 8-9000 (was more of a difference when the WRE was earning 4000 and the ERE could pull in almost 6000). It would be nice to have the ERE with about a 3-4000 lead on the WRE, they can field larger armies, rely upon Foederatii less, and develop their cities better.

I like the happiness levels, the high levels of religion can be countered through the use of priests as well as the gradual assimilation of the population towards Christianity. One may want the 5% corruption hit to speed up conversion in some of the less Christian provinces. Happiness is low, but not unmanageable, with still a lot to worry about behind the frontier provinces.

I am going to dig a bit deeper and see how a few turns plays out. Like what I see so far!

MajorTom's Avatar Libertus

Just noticed that I had BAIC active, which boosted the WRE a lot in money, they are back to pretty good numbers there, so disregard my money statement above!

1.Province capital chain for WRE gives too mutch diplomatic bonus Imo. Every faction want to be my puppet state after I create this buildings in every province xd
    2. Every turn loyality of my generals is wavering but they not actually become rebels (15 turns as WRE)
    3. PO is too hard to maintain as christian. Just not enouth PO boosting buildings to counter immigrants, religion, food and other penalties (playing on hard). Pagan can just build +21 circus and even get +3 pagan influence compare to +5(or +7) christian churchs.
    4.Garrisons are too big. Rebels are not able to get a single small town (Ai is too retarded sadly) Big towns in Britannia(Im not defending this province at all) just holding forever

Ah, the traits etc are there now , dunno what happened there. Just the icon as you said.
    The guy who used to test DeI and FotE on Mac.

Quote Originally Posted by espero-k View Post
    1.Province capital chain for WRE gives too mutch diplomatic bonus Imo. Every faction want to be my puppet state after I create this buildings in every province xd
    2. Every turn loyality of my generals is wavering but they not actually become rebels (15 turns as WRE)
    3. PO is too hard to maintain as christian. Just not enouth PO boosting buildings to counter immigrants, religion, food and other penalties (playing on hard). Pagan can just build +21 circus and even get +3 pagan influence compare to +5(or +7) christian churchs.
    4.Garrisons are too big. Rebels are not able to get a single small town (Ai is too retarded sadly) Big towns in Britannia(Im not defending this province at all) just holding forever
    1. Yeah, maybe it's better to remove that effect. If you build it everywhere, I guess it does break the AI.
    2. Are you playing with FotE? If you are, the "wavering" message will come up at 4 loyalty. With just EP, it will be 3. Level up Honorius to reduce the loyalty penalties.
    3. Yeah, playing on hard, it will be hard. I can think about boosting some Christian PO buildings though.
    4. I think this might also be because of FotE. I'll check on this. I tried not to make garrisons too big.

Quote Originally Posted by Augustusng View Post
    1. Yeah, maybe it's better to remove that effect. If you build it everywhere, I guess it does break the AI.
    2. Are you playing with FotE? If you are, the "wavering" message will come up at 4 loyalty. With just EP, it will be 3. Level up Honorius to reduce the loyalty penalties.
    3. Yeah, playing on hard, it will be hard. I can think about boosting some Christian PO buildings though.
    4. I think this might also be because of FotE. I'll check on this. I tried not to make garrisons too big.
    Or kill honorius and make stilicho your king

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast