Thread: CTD

SatyrII's Avatar Laetus

Default CTD

Hi, I started to play this wonderful mod, but strange things happens and Im crazy from this. Im playing Full campaign as Rome. Its turn 17 and game crashes. It happens when Gauls ends their turn and start Ptolemaios. Ive tried load up older save but it didnt work. Ive tried everything. Reinstall mod and the game, turn off UAC,etc. I dont know what else to do...also my system log dont write anything. When game crash it just says - unspecified error.

Please, please help. I give you kingdom if you solve this thing!

Thanks!

SatyrII's Avatar Laetus

Default Re: CTD

I found my system log. It wasnt at DBM/logs but in medieval vanilla folder, so here it is
    Attached Files Attached Files

Perhaps a faction got destroyed and that's what's causing the problem. Turn off FOW and observe what happens.

SatyrII's Avatar Laetus

Quote Originally Posted by k/t View Post
    Perhaps a faction got destroyed and that's what's causing the problem. Turn off FOW and observe what happens.
    Actually nope. No faction was destroyed. Dont know. It happened during ai turn - mostly with Ptolemaios, but with other factions too. Probably it can has something to do with this:

Game crashes during the AI's turn
    Q: The game crashes during the AI's turn and the error log just says the mod has crashed.

A: There are several possible causes:

1) The trigger for a trait is incorrectly written. I once had this problem when the trigger's 'WhenToTest' was 'GeneralAssaultsGeneral', rather than 'PostBattle'. You can test this by deleting the triggers of all your traits in the 'data/export_descr_ancillaries.txt' and 'data/export_descr_character_traits.txt' files (create backups before doing this) and loading the mod to see if the crash stops.

2) A culture has a trait excluded but the corrisponding 'antitrait' is not excluded. This causes a problem when a general or agent switches from a trait to its antitrait (due to a loss or gain of skill points).

3) The mod will also crash if an agent without a name gets an Epithet. This can be fixed by changing the agent's name in the 'data\world\maps\campaign\imperial_campaign\descr_strat.txt' and restarting the mod so it uses the new name.

But I dont know how to fix it...

same problem here, i have the same ctd

SatyrII's Avatar Laetus

and no answer coming back :/

Did you try to see what happens when the game crashes?

Did you try the first solution in the bold text?

SatyrII's Avatar Laetus

Did you try to see what happens when the game crashes?

Did you try the first solution in the bold text?
    Yes I tried it but everything run as usually - soldiers were marching from one place to another, the agents too..nothing special happened..Also no faction was destroyed. I thought that it happened because of submod R&R but it happened also with original version of the mod.
    Yep I tried it but I did something wrong, because now all my game doesnt work but I have my files backed up so its fine..Can you help with it? What exactly should I delete?

SatyrII's Avatar Laetus

And also different log as last. Maybe it show something

11:03:58.431 [system.io] [trace] file open,,mods\DBM/data/export_descr_guilds.txt,39611
    11:03:58.431 [system.io] [info] open: found mods\DBM/data/export_descr_guilds.txt (from: C:\M2TW)
    11:03:58.432 [system.io] [trace] file open,,5CE07E90,4985521
    11:03:58.432 [system.io] [info] open: found temp/campaign_battle.rpy (from: C:\M2TW)
    11:03:58.446 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <Battle_General_Took_Hits> fired
    11:03:58.446 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <battle3Dread_PickingOnWeak> fired
    11:03:58.446 [system.io] [info] exists: found mods\DBM/data/ui/captain banners/dead/captain_card_normans.tga (from: C:\M2TW)
    11:04:00.418 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <0055_T_Invasion_Neutral> fired
    11:04:00.418 [data.transgression] [info] Applied transgression TC_INVASION from transgressor faction 1DC8CB9C against faction 1DCC42C6
    11:04:12.827 [bink] [debug] [mods/DBM/data/fmv/lose/julii_eliminated.bik]Pause on
    11:04:12.827 [bink] [debug] [mods/DBM/data/fmv/lose/julii_eliminated.bik]Pause on
    11:04:13.428 [system.rpt] [error] Medieval 2: Total War encountered an unspecified error and will now exit.

You should delete just the triggers, as the instructions say.

This part "11:04:12.827 [bink] [debug] [mods/DBM/data/fmv/lose/julii_eliminated.bik]Pause on" makes me think a faction did indeed get killed. I had a crash in TA when Isengard was getting destroyed by having its last settlement taken, but the faction heir or another guy were far away and the game tried to give him the Faction Leader ancillary or something like that. I eventually solved the crash by moving the guy next to the settlement so he participated in the battle and died along with his faction.

SatyrII's Avatar Laetus

You should delete just the triggers, as the instructions say.

This part "11:04:12.827 [bink] [debug] [mods/DBM/data/fmv/lose/julii_eliminated.bik]Pause on" makes me think a faction did indeed get killed. I had a crash in TA when Isengard was getting destroyed by having its last settlement taken, but the faction heir or another guy were far away and the game tried to give him the Faction Leader ancillary or something like that. I eventually solved the crash by moving the guy next to the settlement so he participated in the battle and died along with his faction.
    So, I tried to delete all the triggers but with no success. CTD continues. I think it must be what you say.

SatyrII's Avatar Laetus

Quote Originally Posted by SatyrII View Post
    So, I tried to delete all the triggers but with no success. CTD continues. I think it must be what you say.
    So, how did you fix that?

SatyrII's Avatar Laetus

So, how did you fix that?

We've had this happen in Europa Barbarorum II as well. See bovi's post in the Text Editing and Scripting subforum of the MTW Mod Workshop for what causes it.
    Resident Language Geek
    Baseless Assertions on the Celts Since 1996

is this mod getting updated yet?

I do believe someone is making a new version. However, you should take a look at the planned changes before getting excited.