Thread: How does one handle the Food Shortage?

Default How does one handle the Food Shortage?

Hello there,
    Recently installed the mod and had a blast with it so far, yet, besides some issues with my game spontaniously crashing during some battles, the one thing I do not understand is how to keep my people from starving. I started several games with various nations so far, yet at some point all of them suffer from increased food shortages and I have no clue what to do about it. Somehow increasing taxes lowers the food shortage percentage, yet making technological improvements in Agriculture or building fields or harbors does not appear to change much and if, it only changes the situation temporarily.
    If someone could explain this to me, I would be very thankful!

Default Re: How does one handle the Food Shortage?

Quote Originally Posted by Geolas View Post
    Hello there,
    Recently installed the mod and had a blast with it so far, yet, besides some issues with my game spontaniously crashing during some battles, the one thing I do not understand is how to keep my people from starving. I started several games with various nations so far, yet at some point all of them suffer from increased food shortages and I have no clue what to do about it. Somehow increasing taxes lowers the food shortage percentage, yet making technological improvements in Agriculture or building fields or harbors does not appear to change much and if, it only changes the situation temporarily.
    If someone could explain this to me, I would be very thankful!
    Someone suggested exterminating entire populous'. But that someone was also Hitler, so...

NauDaModder's Avatar Civis

The best way to solve this problem is to crank up your taxes to max, so the peasants all die off starvation. Assuming they don't rebel, food will be plenty!

"Amy Pond, there is one thing you'd better understand about me, 'cause its important and one day your life may depend on it. I am definitely a madman with a box."

The Hedge Knight's Avatar Fierce When Cornered
    Artifex

I'm currently looking into fixing this for next patch.