View Poll Results: Which team do you support?

Voters
42. You may not vote on this poll
  • Arsenal

10 23.81%
  • Aston Villa

0 0%
  • Bournemouth

0 0%
  • Chelsea

6 14.29%
  • Crystal Palace

2 4.76%
  • Everton

0 0%
  • Leicester

3 7.14%
  • Liverpool

8 19.05%
  • Manchester City

2 4.76%
  • Manchester Utd

5 11.90%
  • Newcastle

3 7.14%
  • Norwich

0 0%
  • Southampton

1 2.38%
  • Stoke

0 0%
  • Sunderland

0 0%
  • Swansea

0 0%
  • Tottenham Hotspurs

1 2.38%
  • Watford

0 0%
  • West Bromwich Albion

0 0%
  • West Ham Utd

1 2.38%
Page 2 of 32 FirstFirst 12345678910111227 ... LastLast

Thread: 2015/16 English Premier League

Default Re: 2015/16 English Premier League

As it stands today I believe Liverpool would come in third due to City and United lacking people up front. However I am certain they will fix that problem in the last month, meaning we'll probably end up in fifth but with a good chance to knock down either Manchester club.

Spurs will be Spurs.
    Have you ever seen Dirty Harry Guns and money are best diplomacy
    "At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They are only there to sign the cheques."

Bill Shankly

"Not badly, considering I was seated between Jesus Christ and Napoleon"

David Lloyd George was pleased with his performance at Versailles.

So all of you are thinking Chelsea are number one favorites?
    I wonder if you would change your opinion if City manage to bring De Bruyne.

Ybbon's Avatar The Way of the Buffalo
    Administrator Emeritus

Default new poll

Poll re-added, you will need to vote again if you had previously voted.
    Last edited by Ybbon; August 02, 2015 at 08:56 AM.

Ybbon's Avatar The Way of the Buffalo
    Administrator Emeritus

Right then, can Wenger finally beat Mourinho - and even if he does, will it make any difference? Still reckon we need one holding midfielder and a striker.

Quote Originally Posted by Petrucci View Post
    Definetly not. De Bruyne is good but you can only play 11 players. He would take the spot of Sterling, Silva, Toure or something? He would perhaps be an upgrade but not enough. They need a striker to bang in the goals when Agüero is injured. If they get that then they can win the league.
    "At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They are only there to sign the cheques."

Bill Shankly

Quote Originally Posted by Ishoss View Post
    Definetly not. De Bruyne is good but you can only play 11 players. He would take the spot of Sterling, Silva, Toure or something? He would perhaps be an upgrade but not enough. They need a striker to bang in the goals when Agüero is injured. If they get that then they can win the league.
    You can play with Sterling Sliva Toure and De Bruyne. Aguero is backed up with Bonny, and I expect he will do really good this season.

About community shields game. I am not satisfied with the way how we played, hope we can improve our form till Premier league kick off.Both goalkeepers were amazing, men of match.

Gatsby's Avatar Punctual Romantic

Lol Chelsea with 4 CBs on the pitch and they still couldn't score from their dozen set pieces.
    You'll have more fun at a Glasgow stabbing than an Edinburgh wedding.

Under the patronage of the mighty Dante von Hespburg

Riverknight's Avatar Last of the Romans

Quote Originally Posted by Petrucci View Post
    I don't think we're concerned about their attacking players.

I'm concerned about their defense. Kompany seems to be a step slow since they won the bpl.

Halie Satanus's Avatar Emperor of ice cream
    Blog Entries

Wenger finally gets one over Maurine. Com Shield not much to shout about but they all count in some way. Chelsea looked below form, especially without Costa, while we were playing some decent football. What really came out of that game was our lack of a quality striker, Walnut can't hold the ball up and without Sanchez we looked a bit toothless. Giroud looked a better bet when he came on but by then we were playing defence. We should have enough goals in the team to challenge for the top three but without that quality up front we don't have that fear factor needed to win tough games. Coq looked good second half but early on he was struggling. We still need a DM and a Striker.

Cech looked solid, only time will tell how much of a clanger 'Rom' made in letting him come to us, I have a feeling it's a pretty big one.

32,5m for Benteke doesn't look as silly anymore, does it? United, City, Arsenal and arguably Chelsea all need new strikers.

United got Rooney, who is a really good player. But he's not playing 38 games this season unless they're really lucky.

City got Agüero, Bony and Jovetic. Pellegrini likes to play two strikers. Sterling could perhaps cover, but his finishing is awful. Definetly need another top striker. Taking for granted Dzeko's move to Roma.

Arsenal has got Giroud, Walcott and Welbeck. Perhaps Campbell? Giroud is underrated imo. Walcott will miss a bunch of games. Welbeck is a bit hit or miss. Doesn't *have* to buy a new striker but I think they need that more than they need a defensive midfielder.

Chelsea has got Costa with his lovely hamstring. Falcao, who looked like a sack of potatoes and Remy who managed to fail a medical at Anfield. A medical Daniel Sturridge passed. Did you guys know Drogba played more games than Costa last season? I think their game yesterday also showed they need someone with a presence up front in order to exploit their great midfielders.
    Last edited by Ishoss; August 03, 2015 at 07:48 AM.

Bill Shankly

Blog Entries

Benteke looks a gamble. His injury record has been poor and his form fades in and out. Still only 24 though and a dam sight better than Balotelli (who isn't even in pre-season training).. Balotelli's career must be in the balance now, he'll end up in Turkey or Russia.

Jovetic is at Inter on loan.

Campbell is out, though no deal has been agreed. Palermo offered £4m Wenger wants £7m, they'll agree somewhere between. Le Arse also have Sanchez Sanchez who can play up front.

I feel about Benteke the same way I felt when we announced Hodgson as manager. He's got some skills, but I am not sure if they're right for us.

The other side is of course this: there are plenty of managers to sign up, but what good strikers are looking to move at the moment?

Bill Shankly

Blog Entries

None that I can think of. But the PL has money to burn at the moment and regardless of what players might say, it's a huge motivator.

My worry is the PL is starting to look very much like the 'Seria A' of the mid 90's, more money than sense....

Adar's Avatar Just doing it
    Civitate

I feel about Benteke the same way I felt when we announced Hodgson as manager. He's got some skills, but I am not sure if they're right for us.

The other side is of course this: there are plenty of managers to sign up, but what good strikers are looking to move at the moment?
    I think Ibrahimovic might have 1 or 2 good years left in him and I have always wanted to see him in Arsenal...

But othwerise the market is really looking pretty empty and with Jovetic gone I wouldn't be surprised if Manchester City might even regret giving up someone like Guidetti. Could Higuain perhaps be willing to leave Napoli for a sizeable fee?

Also while on the issue of France, Arsenal and weird transfer rumors. Gourcuff is rumored to be going to Arsenal which is a really odd move considering that Arsenal are stacked in his position and that Gourcruff has failed completely to make the most of the talent we thought he had. Another promising French player is Yann M'Vila who is rumored to be a transfer target for Sunderland despite failing abyssmally in Inter. He is younger than Gourcruff but seem to have a bad attitude and a playing style that requires him to exercise with far more discipline than he have shown in Rubin Kazan.

32,5m for Benteke doesn't look as silly anymore, does it? United, City, Arsenal and arguably Chelsea all need new strikers.

United got Rooney, who is a really good player. But he's not playing 38 games this season unless they're really lucky.

City got Agüero, Bony and Jovetic. Pellegrini likes to play two strikers. Sterling could perhaps cover, but his finishing is awful. Definetly need another top striker. Taking for granted Dzeko's move to Roma.

Arsenal has got Giroud, Walcott and Welbeck. Perhaps Campbell? Giroud is underrated imo. Walcott will miss a bunch of games. Welbeck is a bit hit or miss. Doesn't *have* to buy a new striker but I think they need that more than they need a defensive midfielder.

Chelsea has got Costa with his lovely hamstring. Falcao, who looked like a sack of potatoes and Remy who managed to fail a medical at Anfield. A medical Daniel Sturridge passed. Did you guys know Drogba played more games than Costa last season? I think their game yesterday also showed they need someone with a presence up front in order to exploit their great midfielders.
    Speaking about strikers, I think City got really good strikers for this season, just like they had then on season before but then still need one more if Jovetic and Dzeko change clubs. Aguero And Bonny should do really good with amazing midfield for support.
    Arsenal striker looks kinda meh to me, Giroud, Walcott and Welbeck. They are good player but none of them is world class. Still they got good midfield and should preform decent.
    United, huh. Van Persie gone, Falcao gone, Di Maria will go, so only Rooney left. And he ain't getting any younger. I expect they will bringo Pedro or some other player, but that player has to adopt and prove himself in PL. Their attack right now looks much weaker then last year ,but hey it's not like they preform great last year
    Chelsea, we have one world class striker prone to injuries, another world class attacker looking for his form (and I think he will find it) and one very good joker who preformed really great last season. And don't forget Solanke, our academy product who scored 41 goal in 43 games last season. All that backed up buy Pl finest midfield and defence.
    Liverpool, they look really good on paper, I would place them on pair with Chelsea, maybe even above. Benteke, Ings, Sturinjury and Origi. Their midfield players matured and I think they will most likely get spot for CL this season. I have feeling Liverpool will be big surprise this season.

I feel like City's attack will be on fire this year.

I feel like Arsenal's attack will be like last year; everything hinges on Sanchez though.

Chelsea's looks as cutting edge as ever, although I think they might get stuck if Costa gets hurt... Falcao hasn't looked any better during preseason and in the community shield.

United's looks alot weaker on paper; but it was weak last year anyway. Falcao and RvP barely preformed and Di Maria was inconsistent. I hope we get a good striker to play with Rooney, I'd love Charlie Austin. I can pray for Pedro, but for whatever reason I don't think it is going to happen.

Liverpool's looks good with Benteke and Ings coming in, I think those two will have a great season!

I think Pedro will definetly happen, but I don' think he's exactly what United needs. United need a back-up striker for Rooney. Pedro's more of an inside forward, isn't he? He will strengthen United but I don't think he'll solve the problem.

The fact that we're looking at Charlie Austin says everything. This year's Andy Carroll, minus the injuries (which is a game-changer; Carroll without injuries would be very good). Still plenty of question marks though.

Bill Shankly

Pedro from what I've seen of him in the Champions League is kinda a winger/forward. With Barca's system it is sometimes hard to tell.

I think he is the replacement for ADM, also Van Gaal has hinted that Memphis might be our backup strike.

I think our biggest problem in attack is lack of a backup to Rooney and our speed when we attack. We move so slow.

Gatsby's Avatar Punctual Romantic

I think Memphis will be playing through the middle quite a lot. Plus I think he and Pedro can play on either side and Rooney is versatile as we know. A 3 of Memphis-Rooney-Pedro is quite fast.

And it would be very fluid like the attack in Sir Alex's best sides in the later part of his career, with Tevez, Rooney and Ronaldo swapping around at will. Memphis can flip around the wings and drift inside from time to time to terrorise defenders with his dribbling (like Ronaldo in his United days) whilst Pedro and Rooney link play and work their socks off and find space (like Tevez, and, well, Rooney in the late noughties).

Edit: after reading his reasons I've decided I'm calling him Memphis and not Depay.
    Last edited by Gatsby; August 05, 2015 at 04:29 PM.
    You'll have more fun at a Glasgow stabbing than an Edinburgh wedding.

Under the patronage of the mighty Dante von Hespburg

Kraut and Tea's Avatar Campidoctor

I thought this was worth posting

44toons is a great football satire channel that mocks players and teams in the premier league, champions league, la liga and international tournaments. I suggest you suscribe if you want a regular dose of football comedy.