View Poll Results: Which team do you support?

Voters
42. You may not vote on this poll
  • Arsenal

10 23.81%
  • Aston Villa

0 0%
  • Bournemouth

0 0%
  • Chelsea

6 14.29%
  • Crystal Palace

2 4.76%
  • Everton

0 0%
  • Leicester

3 7.14%
  • Liverpool

8 19.05%
  • Manchester City

2 4.76%
  • Manchester Utd

5 11.90%
  • Newcastle

3 7.14%
  • Norwich

0 0%
  • Southampton

1 2.38%
  • Stoke

0 0%
  • Sunderland

0 0%
  • Swansea

0 0%
  • Tottenham Hotspurs

1 2.38%
  • Watford

0 0%
  • West Bromwich Albion

0 0%
  • West Ham Utd

1 2.38%
Page 22 of 32 FirstFirst ... 1213141516171819202122232425262728293031 ... LastLast

Thread: 2015/16 English Premier League

Default Re: 2015/16 English Premier League

Nothing.

Dude with the Food's Avatar Campidoctor

To expand on what Petrucci said I have heard and can confirm Ingolstadt exists and has a football team.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    I am me. You are not me. You are you. If I was you, I wouldn't be me.
    If you were me, I'd be sad.But I wouldn't then be me because you'd be me so you wouldn't be me because I wasn't me because you were me but you couldn't be because I'd be a different me. I'd rather be any kind of bird (apart from a goose) than be you because to be you I'd have to not be me which I couldn't do unless someone else was me but then they would be you aswell so there would still be no me. They would be you because I was you so to restore balance you would have to be me and them meaning all three of us would become one continously the same. That would be very bad.

Halie Satanus's Avatar Emperor of ice cream
    Blog Entries

3 points from 12. From top to 4th and below the Spuds....

Walcott is a huge disappointment. Giroud looks tired, not just physically. Why Flamini and Ramsey in the middle!?! both just pass sideways or backwards all the time, Kos made more forward passes then both of them.. No one shoots anymore, they've lost their bottle. I'm calling it now, we'll be lucky to finish in the top 4 and if/even then it'll only be because Sanchez and Ozil are keeping us going, at least one of them will piss off in the summer...

Ferdiad's Avatar Patricius

The rooney rebirth continues, on another note Vardy scored some goal.

That Vardy goal, so far prolly goal of the season.

Ybbon's Avatar The Way of the Buffalo
    spy of the council

It's February, lambs are thinking abour gambolling around, spring is springing and Arsenal are losing again. The best chance in years to win, but no.

This weekend Klopp said the league was Liverpool's priority. I hope he goes back on it. We can't find glory in the league this year. It's better to take our chances in europe and in the cups. A treble would be glorious. A 5th or 6th place finish would be painful.
    Have you ever seen Dirty Harry Guns and money are best diplomacy
    "At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They are only there to sign the cheques."

Bill Shankly

"Not badly, considering I was seated between Jesus Christ and Napoleon"

David Lloyd George was pleased with his performance at Versailles.

Gallus's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by Ishoss View Post
    This weekend Klopp said the league was Liverpool's priority. I hope he goes back on it. We can't find glory in the league this year. It's better to take our chances in europe and in the cups. A treble would be glorious. A 5th or 6th place finish would be painful.
    don't worry, I don't think you'll finish that high.

Adar's Avatar Just doing it
    Civitate

Is there any team that have managed to deal with Vardy without opening themselves up somewhere else? The combination of an excellent work ethic and pretty impressive goal scoring skills must be a nightmare to deal with.

If he start scoring from a distance as well with some regularity, then he is really going to be the complete package of a modern nr 9 striker. Defend high and he will outrun you, defend deep and he will poach you and if you man mark him he will create room for the rest of the team by dragging the defenders out of position (while scoring from a seemingly impossible position).
    Last edited by Adar; February 04, 2016 at 12:05 PM.

Erebus Pasha's Avatar vezir-i âzam

If you shut down Vardy then you've still got the pace and skill of Mahrez and Okazaki to deal with. They get the headlines but the consistency of Drinkwater and Kante pulling the strings in the middle has been the key as it's allowed that front three to prosper. The backline has been surprising for me; none of them are what you'd call top class but the only time they got slaughtered is when Arsenal beat them at the King Power earlier in the season. I really hope they pull it off but I do think City and Chelsea will beat them in the next few weeks and it is a case of how they will react to that.

I think Arsenal will get it right. Surprised that Wenger didn't really bring anybody in just to make that final push given the injuries and tiredness of some of the first XI. I guess what makes it worse is that Spurs are flying at the moment and are an outside bet for the title.

www.ottomanhistorypodcast.com/
    Under the patronage of the Noble Savage.

Blog Entries

Da whaa!!!!!!!!!!

Really did not expect Citeh to fold at this stage..

Leicester could very well be league winners here, unprecedented, disrupting the notion of the 'big 4' or should i say 'big 5' with Manchester City. they have individually won against all 4, and also demolish mid-table teams, pretty impressive given their previous season. welcome to top flight again. the question is, can it be replicated the following years?

Blog Entries

We beat them 2-5 at their place in Sept with the return fixture next week. But yeh, given our form and theirs (and our players will have one eye on Barca), I can see them getting a win at our place, the league would be theirs for the taking.

Well I had said if Leicester goes through the market session and February they are in for the title. By coincidence going through Feb means going through City, Liverpool and Arsenal, if they accellerate now it's over.

Ybbon's Avatar The Way of the Buffalo
    spy of the council

The best chance in years we had to win the league back in December - and Leicester look to be favourites now instead.

Blog Entries

Had he bought a quality DM and Striker in the first week of the window.... Sigh.

The Battering at Southampton on boxing day was a warning the current team had hit a wall. Expecting Sanchez to drag the rest up on his own was a long shot which backfired. Now we have to hope for a win against an inform Bournemouth (with a returning in form striker in Afobe) just to stay in with a shout at the virtual trophy.

Beating Leicester is a must to stay in with a shot at the title, but that's another long shot.

Treva ★'s Avatar Primicerius

Quote Originally Posted by Adar View Post
    Is there any team that have managed to deal with Vardy without opening themselves up somewhere else? The combination of an excellent work ethic and pretty impressive goal scoring skills must be a nightmare to deal with.

If he start scoring from a distance as well with some regularity, then he is really going to be the complete package of a modern nr 9 striker. Defend high and he will outrun you, defend deep and he will poach you and if you man mark him he will create room for the rest of the team by dragging the defenders out of position (while scoring from a seemingly impossible position).
    Well, honestly, that sounds like a description of Luis Suárez or F. Higuaín.
    Quote Originally Posted by Halie Satanus View Post
    We beat them 2-5 at their place in Sept with the return fixture next week. But yeh, given our form and theirs (and our players will have one eye on Barca), I can see them getting a win at our place, the league would be theirs for the taking.
    They sweated to grind out a 0-0 at home to Citeh and look at what they did today… I somehow had/still have some faith that Arsenal would be more of a challenge out of the two, especially after it was announced that Guardiola would be replacing Pellegrini even if he somehow managed to win a quadruple.
    The tentacled horror from beyond my stars spoke, and von Neumann help me, in my madness, I understood its words.
    СИНДИКАТ!
    Dè a tha Montrose Mór ag ràdh?
    Heavy Metal will never die. - Sir Christopher Frank Carrandini Lee.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Treva, the Renewer View Post
    They sweated to grind out a 0-0 at home to Citeh and look at what they did today… I somehow had/still have some faith that Arsenal would be more of a challenge out of the two, especially after it was announced that Guardiola would be replacing Pellegrini even if he somehow managed to win a quadruple.
    I was thinking the City players would be really up for this game. Either to win the league as a thank you to Pellegrini or to lay down a good impression to the in coming Guadiola. Though the report I heard said Leicester were just too good for them..

Dude with the Food's Avatar Campidoctor

City had it nearly all their way in the first half but couldn't create any decent chance while Leicester looked dangerous on every break. Credit to Joe Hart knowing exactly how to handle Vardy because he could have had two in against a different keeper. Sterling should never play centrally when David Silva's on the pitch but as a United fan, I can't say I'm sorry if he does. Trust Aguero to still score after being almost written out of the game but it should have been called offside.

Anyway, it would be nice to see us pick up points against Chelsea, I can see them being needed for a Champion's League place.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    I am me. You are not me. You are you. If I was you, I wouldn't be me.
    If you were me, I'd be sad.But I wouldn't then be me because you'd be me so you wouldn't be me because I wasn't me because you were me but you couldn't be because I'd be a different me. I'd rather be any kind of bird (apart from a goose) than be you because to be you I'd have to not be me which I couldn't do unless someone else was me but then they would be you aswell so there would still be no me. They would be you because I was you so to restore balance you would have to be me and them meaning all three of us would become one continously the same. That would be very bad.

Treva ★'s Avatar Primicerius

You didn't watch the match?

Well… I missed the starts of each half (derp!) but I watched the rest of it. Citeh were simply not up to it. I remember their home match against Barcelona last year when they lost 1-2, Barça steamrollered them, especially in the first half, and should've won 1-3 but Messi botched the penalty. This… wasn't the same thing. Leicester opened the score right at the start from a set piece and Citeh fell apart. It was as if they'd gotten jinxed.
    Citeh tried, tried and tried but it was as if they were already losing by three or four goals… eventually in the second half Leicester scored again and City managed to put one single play together for Agüero's goal (he was offside, I think) and that was that. The scoreline was more than merited, of course, but it was more a matter of Citeh botching it and Leicester just holding up than anything else.
    The tentacled horror from beyond my stars spoke, and von Neumann help me, in my madness, I understood its words.
    СИНДИКАТ!
    Dè a tha Montrose Mór ag ràdh?
    Heavy Metal will never die. - Sir Christopher Frank Carrandini Lee.