Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Office of the Master of Ships

Shankbot de Bodemloze's Avatar From the Writers Study!
    Citizen

Blog Entries

Default Office of the Master of Ships

Master of Ships

Within the Red Keep, Lord Corlys Velaryon takes up residence with his retinue in the offices of the Master of Ships. All who wish to speak to him should come here to request an audience.

King's Landing's Naval Levy - 5,000 points (4,500+500):

-53 Levy Ships
    -41 Dromonds
    -31 Heavy Galleys
    -15 Narrow Sea Galleons
    -5 Grand Warships
    Total: 145 ships
    THE WRITERS' STUDY | THE TRIBUNAL | THE CURIA | GUIDE FOR NEW MEMBERS

PROUD PATRON OF JUNAIDI83, VETERAAN & CAILLAGH
    UNDER THE PATRONAGE OF MEGA TORTAS DE BODEMLOZE

Poach's Avatar Civitate

Default Re: Office of the Master of Ships

It had been a long time since the two had last met outside the walls of a newly-conquered King's Landing. On that day Caron Karstark had requested, and received, permission to range south with his ships and men to harass and frustrate the Stormlanders in their efforts to fight in the war.

Certainly the Karhold men had seized some ships, acquired some gold, and ravaged some shores. Soldiers had been sighted, and fought, along those coastlines, but were they soldiers held back from the front or not? It mattered little, Caron had enjoyed the freedom.

"A Lord Karstark to see you, my Lord!" shouted the voice of the guard on the other side of Corlys' door.

Citizen

Blog Entries

Corlys put down the papers he was looking at and leaned back into his chair, "Allow him in," Corlys called back. He waited for the door to open before pushing himself out of the chair, getting ready to greet Lord Karstark on his feet.

Poach's Avatar Civitate

Caron entered, holding a bottle of fine Arbor wine, which he put on the table.

"Acquired a few of these in my travels down south from various ships flying the wrong colours at the wrong time," said Caron, "I feel you're entitled to a share."

He took a seat.

"Congratulations on winning the war," he said, "how are you faring with winning the peace?"

Citizen

Blog Entries

"I only provided the ships Lord Caron, your men did all the work," Corlys chuckled back, "But I'll take some of this wine nonetheless." With a small smile he took his seat as well, easing himself gently into it.

He let out a deep sigh after Caron's last question, filled with weariness, "Can we really call it winning? I find myself asking, our Queen is dead, so is her heir. I know we won this war, but I can't help but think we failed her." He shook his head, pouring the wine into two of the glasses that sat at the edges of the table. Corlys lifted one up and gave it to Caron, before lifting his up as well. "To victory, however bittersweet?" He took a big gulp, putting the glass back down on the table.

Poach's Avatar Civitate

[OOC: Going on the "Can you hear the people sing" thread, I understand that knowledge of the various rebel movements is public.]

"Bittersweet victory." said Caron, downing the glass alongside the Master of Ships. He poured them both another glass.

"The streets did seem tense on the way up here," said Caron, now considering the situation, "Religious fanatics seem more common and I swear I saw a few golden dragon banners and graffiti. My fleet quartermaster tells me even the bloody merchants are getting political! What's to be done?"

Citizen

Blog Entries

Corlys let out a desperate chuckle, "I have no idea, but I do know we didn't win this bloody war just to be demolished by murderers and fanatics. On the orders of the Hand I have some men coming over from Driftmark to help police the city, and Lord Tarly has taken up office as Master of Laws and hopefully has some plan up his sleeve. We need to quell it soon."

He gratefully accepted the wine, taking a more measured sip. "Good stuff," he paused, swirling the wine around the glass. "With all of our levies disbanded and back at home now that it is Autumn it is going to be difficult to deal with this, we just don't have the troops to suppress it easily."

Poach's Avatar Civitate

"I've got my lads aboard ship," said Caron in response, "but they're eager to get home."

"Still, perhaps I can help there," said Caron, a slight smirk appearing on his face, "You seem to have a lot of people clumped up where you don't want them. Well, I've got a lot of land back home with not enough people to work it, and plans for a bigger port that would allow more mercantile pursuits."

"While I'm here with a lot of ships and a lot of armed men, why not help me round a lot of these peasants up and resettle them around Karhold? You'll empty the city of undesirables and send them somewhere that they really can't cause much trouble, and I'll get a boost to the number of hands that I can use to work the land."

Caron had long been thinking of additional ways to improve the economic muscle of Karhold. The new port had brought with it new income, a small merchant class and access to the sea for forestry to the north of the keep. The only thing holding further development back was a lack of people: more farms, more villages, more logging camps, all meant more income but all needed more people...

Sure, they were rebellious, but that was in the warmth and safety of King's Landing. They'd be more concerned with staying alive in the North...

Citizen

Blog Entries

Corlys paused to consider, he was more than a little surprised at what Lord Caron was saying - he wasn't expecting that. "I am not going to lie, your men would be much appreciated here - but I understand their longing for home. However, forced relocation is something I don't have the power to enact solely by myself, regardless of if I want too or not. Such a big decision is perhaps best discussed at a meeting of the small council."

Poach's Avatar Civitate

"No, I didn't expect you could sanction it alone," said Caron, "but you're right: the small council can, and you sit on it. When is the next expected meeting?"

Citizen

Blog Entries

Corlys shrugged, "In the next couple of days I imagine, I will let you know when we convene so you can attend and present your offer." He quickly moved on, wanting to think over his stance on what Caron was suggesting, men would be welcome, but forcing people out of their home? And who knows what they may get up too in the north. "Is there anything else I can do for you, Lord Caron?"

Poach's Avatar Civitate

"If you'd like me to put my men on the streets for the time being," said Caron, "I'll need to know where the Master of Laws is: I expect it'll be by his say-so that my lads will play policeman for a while or remain on their ships?"

Citizen

Blog Entries

OOC: I guess just open a thread to RP out your request? That way it could start with the Master of Laws and progress from there?

"He should be in his offices, if you can't find him I am happy to inform him I asked you to put your men on the streets if he gives you any trouble. We need them out there now, once they are on-shore I would send them over to the Goldcloaks barracks so they can be dispersed effectively in the city."

Pinkerton's Avatar Praeses

An unsigned message is left at Corlys' office

Most merchants are staying in the city. In no small part because of me words.
    I still need ye to tell me how much coin you'll need.

Pinkerton's Avatar Praeses

A bag cointaining 40.000 gold dragons is dropped in Corlys' office. It's Vernon's investment

Lord Tarly arrives to Velaryon's chambers.

Left: artwork by the great Duncan Fegredo.

A link to my Deviantart's account.

Citizen

Blog Entries

He is granted an audience.

The colossal Tarly enters the chamber.

"My Lord Velaryon!"

His booming voice was like a roar.

"I came here to discuss matters of the greatest importance. Marriage. I understand you have nubile and fair Ladies of your blood still unmarried, lurking at High Tide... Ha! I want to change that. I seek a wife for my heir, Lord Corlys, can you help me with that?"

Left: artwork by the great Duncan Fegredo.

A link to my Deviantart's account.

Trot's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

Yorwyck Royce arrives to speak with the Master of Ships.

Citizen

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Oznerol View Post
    The colossal Tarly enters the chamber.

"My Lord Velaryon!"

His booming voice was like a roar.

"I came here to discuss matters of the greatest importance. Marriage. I understand you have nubile and fair Ladies of your blood still unmarried, lurking at High Tide... Ha! I want to change that. I seek a wife for my heir, Lord Corlys, can you help me with that?"
    OOC: Do I have nubile and fair ladies? I haven't got any in my family tree.

Quote Originally Posted by Trot View Post
    Yorwyck Royce arrives to speak with the Master of Ships.
    He is granted an audience and greeted warmly, they had been trade partners for years. "Greetings Lord Royce, how can I help you?"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast