Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: {DIK} >>> Download - Patch 4.1 <<<

Default Re: {DIK} >>> Download - Patch 4.1 <<<

Originally Posted by babay11
    yes .... the patch, modification changed! I did Russification ... if it's interesting, i give a link ...

Thank's for translating the mod into Russian
    happy to help ..
    Last edited by babay11; July 09, 2015 at 03:02 PM.

Mausolos of Caria's Avatar Royal Satrap

@Ned Yes, each turn 1000 florins were magically removed from my treasury, and one of these bastards also got the ''feels not appreciated'' trait, even though I spent 4000 florins to move him from Sicily to Sardinia
    "Pompeius, after having finished the war against Mithridates, when he went to call at the house of Poseidonios, the famous teacher of philosophy, forbade the lictor to knock at the door, as was the usual custom, and he, to whom both the eastern and the western world had yielded submission, ordered the fasces to be lowered before the door of science."

Pliny the Elder, Naturalis Historia, 7, 112

Aneirin's Avatar of flowing verse

Strange.. may you send me screeny of your current situation?
    I mean where I can see all characters of your faction on the strat map.
    Proud son of Aikanár and brother of Iskar

Sorry, I started the game on my parent's laptop, so you will have to wait a few days until I can continue to play. I have all the starting settlements, which means all towns on Sardinia, Sicily and Malta, and took Reggio di Calabria from the rebels. As of now there is exactly one character in each of my towns.
    "Pompeius, after having finished the war against Mithridates, when he went to call at the house of Poseidonios, the famous teacher of philosophy, forbade the lictor to knock at the door, as was the usual custom, and he, to whom both the eastern and the western world had yielded submission, ordered the fasces to be lowered before the door of science."

Havelock Vetinari's Avatar Libertus

Do I need 4.0 to install this patch, or is it standalone?
    Modding tools for Attila! https://www.change.org/p/total-war-a...ign-map-editor
    Common sense is not so common.

4.0 and its English translation is required for the patch 4.1.

Cheers,
    Ned

Hi Neadal,

I am very excited about the new patch I just installed it. The game opens and custom battle works, but when I try to start a grand campaign it won't le tme. I select a factiona nd hit start and then it take me back to the screen with the options for grand campaign, custom battle etc. I am not sure what is wrong, i am positive that I installed everything correctly. Thanks.

Did you read the words marked in red in my first post?...

OK I feel really silly about that. Tahnks for pointing it out. I just got really excited about 4.1 and ignored everything else :p

No worries, you were not the first one

Quote Originally Posted by Neadal View Post
    No worries, you were not the first one
    When will release the 5.0 patch?

Easy mate
    That is hardly to say right now, currently we discuss what features we are going to add in version 5.0.
    Then we start to work and we will see

Be patient

Havelock Vetinari's Avatar Libertus

Will you add some new Factions, like Pisa, Siena or Ferrara? Africa is also very empty
    Modding tools for Attila! https://www.change.org/p/total-war-a...ign-map-editor
    Common sense is not so common.

Well, I can assure you that we are going to add following factions:
    - Republic of Genoa
    - Margravate of Mantua
    - Duchy of Ferrara & Modena
    - Republic of Siena
    - Republic of Ragusa
    - Hafsid dynasty of Tunis

All these, will be added as minor factions, which means that they'll only have a small unit rooster and probably not as many events as the other "normal" factions.
    If these factions are controlled by the AI, they will behave like the Papal States in Vanilla.

Cheers,
    Ned

A little update on my campaign after 40 turns. The League of Venice has been dissolved due to its failure to take back Naples and I made the fatal decision to agree to France's proposal of the Treaty of Granada. Right afterwards, a condottiere offered me his services for 6000 florins. Since I rejected, he laid waste to western Sicily and I had to get troops back from Reggio to defeat him, while a drought hit Sicily and took away my farming income, in which I had actually invested my little income.
    A huge Neapolitan army used the chance presented to them by my removal of troops from Reggio and besieged the settlement. At 3000 men strong, they vastly outnumbered my garrisons, which contained of an artillery unit, two units of Sicilian Pikemen and my Basque general. Unfortunately the enemy troops just walked over my pikemen at the gate and I had to reorganise my troops on the market place. My brave general Nicollas de Bilbao never got us far and was killed, routing one of my pikemen units. While the artillerists were left back to fight a melee, my second pikemen formation blocked the entrance to the market square more effectively than the first did at the gate before.
    However, the Neapolitans eventually overcame the resistance of the gun mechanics and threatened to attack my remaining pikemen in the flank. After distracting them with the three surviving Basque bodyguards, I saw that the morale of the enemy in this section was faltering and my 5 mechanics crazily charged into 85 swordsmen and routed them! An unit of 180 swordsmen followed, but again my mechanics prevailed- even though they were eventually killed by the fleeing soldiers. After witnessing one of the most heroic deeds ever in TW, my sole surviving bodyguard, who had acquired three gold chevrons, hunted down the fleeing enemies while my pikemen denied their main force the entry to the market square.
    The battle went on for another 10 mins, when another Neapolitan regiment tried to attack the flank of the market square. But suddenly my formerly routed pikemen of the first unit, who had been running around on the place all the time, reorganised and defeated the attackers. Eventually, both sides were tired and a final charge by my Basque cavalryman into the back of the enemy sealed the victory. Of my 600 men, more than 400 had fallen, but 2700 enemies also paid the final price. Following the victory, I hastily moved back forces to the East and at the same time the drought ended. Suddenly with an income of 1200, sunnier times seemed ahead and I signed a peace treaty with the Ottomans, for which I was offered trade rights and map information (they would not give me any money even though they considered the offer as ''very generous''. Might have been because they are totally bankrupt lol).
    While I was sending armies and generals to Reggio and Messina, reinforcements from Spain arrived and suddenly brought my income down to -600. Added with the armies I had in field that quickly brought my treasury down to about -4000 once again and Naples has sent another army with more skilled units to besiege Reggio, which also has a much bigger garrison this time- including three units of Hospitaller crossbowmen I received for blockading Tunis.

That's my situation by now in turn 40

From the other factions, France has secured everything up to Genoa now, while Milan has 10 armies, most of them consisting of only a single unit, standing around Parma Another single unit, of Naples, is on his way over the Balkans- does the poor captain want to visit Constantinople to see it for himself? Is he a misled crusader? Or simply mad?
    The Pope, meanwhile, has been incredibly agressive and taken 5-6 regions in the last 15 turns. He is even in control of a big chunk of Toscana now, while Florence (to whom he is allied by now, though) is still busy to besiege Pisa and failing to take it (historically accurate ). The Ottomans seem to have no money, but another event gave them two more armies so they are steamrolling everyone and seem to be on their way to Vienna and Italy.
    Last edited by Mausolos of Caria; July 11, 2015 at 06:32 PM.

Wow
    That was obviously the most epic battle I have ever heard of, great job!!

Well, it seems you are quite busy to keep wolf from your door?

About the guy travelling to Constantinople, we tried to solve it but the AI don't get it that the next rebel settlement lies on the other side of the Adriatic Sea..
    That will probably be solved due we have the Republic of Ragusa in our next version.. we will see.

Yes, we had to reinforce the Ottomans otherwise the AI were to stupid to conquer enough settlements. Otherwise the weren't an actual threat to Italy or Vienna..

Okay, hopefully Ragusa will indeed fix that problem. But yeah, maybe I should not have taken on Naples after all I'm pretty confident to survive the latest siege, but I'm still unsure how to get money at all. By moving loads of troops into forts I am not back at making +24 florins a turn, and that should rise to about +100 when the siege is over (plus, some of my troops will get killed, which means less upkeep). But I have no idea why the income dropped so much when the reinforcements from Spain arrived (their upkeep only adds up to 900, but my income decreased by 1800)... maybe the ships cost too much.

As for that battle, it was really one of those top MTW 2 battle, even though my victory would have never been possible would the AI be more clever. Their general died rather early on near the gate, lowering the morale of all of their troops, who also got tired after the long skirmish at the city entrance. And had they simply used better or more troops to outflank me on the market square, that would have sealed a quick win. But, alas, so is war

You could sent some merchants next to Tunis?
    There should be a slave resources.
    And keep the garrison on Sardinia as small as you can.

Yes ships are quite expensive, so I would only keep them if they are essential.

Well, we have implemented germaniuc's Ai mod. I think that is the best mod you can get, at the moment.
    In a couple of hours you will get the preview of the duchy of Ferrara and Modena.

Cheers,
    Ned

Yeah, don't worry, I just mean the overall MTW2 AI, can't do that much about it. I have comissioned the building of a 2nd tier market, but since I'm still at -4000 it will be a while until I can recruit a merchant.

As for the preview, thanks, I have already repped you for it Will the historical buildings also be present on the battle map? I guess not?
    Last edited by Mausolos of Caria; July 12, 2015 at 05:24 PM.

Why don't you raise a credit?

Thank's, mate!!
    No, I don't have any IWTE skills.
    That is a part of modding I did not achieved yet.
    But we'll see

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast