Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Terminus Total War - Empires

Default Terminus Total War - Empires

Hello everyone, Terminus here and I would like to introduce my new mod: Terminus Total War - Empires. First and foremost this mod is NOT historically accurate but it is a stylized realism and alternate history campaign so please keep this in mind while playing. I have decided to try to be as cohesive with actual history as possible as well as add as many other of the outstanding suggestions from those who played my last mod. Also this mod is still very much a work in progress but I will continue to add as many of the suggested changes as possible while still remaining true to what this mod is aimimg to do, which is mainly to be fun to play. Enjoy!

Overall changes:

- Changed many factions starting positions, names, and emblems

- Changed the subcultures of many of the emergent and rebel factions to match the new starting positions
    (i.e. Brittain will now be a Celtic culture, not Roman...many others changed along these lines)

- Added two new playable factions: Axumite Kingdom and Mongol Empire

- Edited several faction leaders uniforms to make them look more formiddable than vanilla

- Edited the campaign selection screen maps and descriptions to reflect changes

- Expanded the territories of several non-playable factions slightly to reflect the start postions changes

- Renamed the Chrisitan and Graeco-Roman religions

Faction Changes:

- Roman Empire (formerly the Western Roman Empire) : Capitol - Roma // You will be starting with just 3 cities now (Roma, Fiorentia and Ravenna) and you will need to immediately improve your food crisis. The Empire has collapsed around you and the Barbarian Kingdoms are closing in but now a strong new family has risen to power. Its do or die time for Rome. Good luck.

- Byzantine Empire (formerly the Eastern Roman Empire) : Capitol - Constantinopolis // You are also starting with just three cities and although you have barely enough food you will need to expand quickly to remain viable. There is also a strong, new, and young Emperor that you will need to keep alive if you wish to reclaim your former territories and rescue the Christian citites and citizens now ruled by the mighty Persian Empire.

- Frankish Kingdom (Franks) : Capitol - Paris (yes I know it is not exactly where Paris would be located but lets just choose to suspend disbelief here) // You have moved into upper France and settled there. You start with a Defensive Alliance with the Anglo-Saxon Kingdom to help solidify your borders.

- Anglo-Saxon Kingdom (formerly the Saxons and Angles) Capitol - London // You have expanded your territories to your new home in Brittainia. Your kingdom is thriving but you still have local factions to deal with as well as possible Viking raids.

- Lombard Kingdom (formerly the Langobards) Capitol - Pavia // You have seized and settled Northern Italy. You will need to rebuild and make ready for war.

- Burgundian Kingdom (Burgundians) Capitol - Lyon // You have settled in middle France. Rebuilding will be required.

- Alamannic Kingdom (Alamans) Capitol - Uburzis // You have aquired two new territories from the Langobards and Western Rome.

- Ostrogothic Kingdom (Ostrogoths) Capitol - Sirmium // You have settled in Pannonia. You start with a food and financial crisis so you must take immediate steps to improve this.

- Visigothic Kingdom (Visigoths) Capitol - Barcino // You have settled in Spain/France. You start with a healthy and thriving kingdom but plenty of enemies.

- Vandal Kingdom (Vandals) Capitol - Carthago // You have settled in North Africa and the islands formerly held by Western Rome. You start fairly wealthy and still have strong allies nearby in the Alans.

- Alans (same) Capitol - Corduba // You have settled in Lower Spain and need to address your lack of resources and Visigothic enemies.

- Suebians (same) Capitol - Braga // You have settled in Western Spain.

- Ebdanians (same) Capitol - Dublin // You have expanded your territory into Brittain but now have to deal with the Anglo-Saxons.

- Caledonians (same) Capitol - Braga // You have expanded into lower Brittain and moved your capitol south of Hadrians wall.

- Persian Empire (formerly the Sassanid Empire) Capitol - Babylon // You have expanded greatly, absorbing most of the former Eastern Roman Empire. You will need to rebuild and may have trouble with the Christian populations of your new territories.

- Axumite Kingdom (Axum) Capitol - Aksum // You have expanded into Arbia and now must deal with the ever growing Persian Empire and its Satrapies. You start as an ally of Egypt but you may eventually need to aquire their lands in order to build a strong Empire. (Work in progress)

- Mongol Empire () Capitol - Sarai // You have entered Europe through the Steppes and now must rebuild the lands you have burned and pillaged to create a strong foothold in this continent for the glory of the Golden Horde. (Work in progress)

Changes to come:

- This mod is a work in progress and will be receiving many updates

- New units for the Roman, Byzantine, Axumite and Mongol Empires (for now just in vanilla status)

- Faction trait for the Mongol Empire

- Victory Conditions must be created or reworked for several factions

Thanks to all that helped me with ideas and testing!

Special Thanks to Maliskrieg for all the help as well!

Things to note:

- The new factions do not yet have victory conditions or custom units (vanilla faction units for now)

- The Mongol Empire's new city will need to be developed immediately by researching the first 2 civic techs and building their city center

- The Building names for the Mongols are not present currently as I still need to create them

- The Balance of Power political tables have not yet been implemented for the new factions

- The new factions are not yet accessible in custom battles

If anyone would like to help create units for the new factions please let me know, thx
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails termmap.jpg   2015-06-29_00001.jpg   2015-06-28_00016.jpg   2015-06-28_00017.jpg   2015-06-29_00002.jpg  

2015-06-28_00001.jpg   2015-06-28_00002.jpg   2015-06-28_00003.jpg   2015-06-28_00004.jpg   2015-06-28_00005.jpg  

Default Re: Terminus Total War - Empires

those are only a few of the screenshots and here is the link for download : http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile...scn=1435975692

Looks really good Terminus!

Update 1.0

Added units and buildings from Imperium Praetoria to the Byzantine and Roman Empires. The units are only recruitable from the Praetorian building chain.

Fixed bug the prevented the Mongol Empire from attacking cities.

Added custom faction traits to Mongol and Axumite Empires.

Added victory conditions to the new factions.

Gave Praetorian Culture and Faction Trait to the Byzantine and Roman Empires.

Fixed several building bugs.

Family tree for Byzantine Empire should be correct now.

Optmized data files to improve cross-mod compatibility.

Lugotorix's Avatar non flectis non mutant

This is almost the starting conditions I'm looking for! Great work! What start date do you plan on using?
    AUTHOR OF TROY OF THE WESTERN SEA: LOVE AND CARNAGE UNDER THE RULE OF THE VANDAL KING, GENSERIC
    THE BLACK-HEARTED LORDS OF THRACE: ODRYSIAN KINGDOM AAR
    VANDALARIUS: A DARK AGES GOTHIC EMPIRE ATTILA AAR

Quote Originally Posted by Lugotorix View Post
    This is almost the starting conditions I'm looking for! Great work! What start date do you plan on using?
    I agree this era reallly interests me. Hopefully you will include alot of new units

Also the Britain, wasn't it more a mixture of Roman / Saxons. Could a mixed culture be possible?

Libertus

This is a mod for Attila? Too bad. Very few people bought that. I for one surely did not and don't plan too. Good luck otherwise!

Quote Originally Posted by Gicusan View Post
    This is a mod for Attila? Too bad. Very few people bought that. I for one surely did not and don't plan too. Good luck otherwise!
    Too bad, it's much better than Rome 2. This is an interesting mod btw. Does it change any battle mechanics? Or are any battle mods compatible?

This mod causes duplicates in the family tree
    The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his.

Quote Originally Posted by Hewitt212 View Post
    Too bad, it's much better than Rome 2. This is an interesting mod btw. Does it change any battle mechanics? Or are any battle mods compatible?
    Wait till its a sale on steam.

I bought Atilla, put 6-10 hours. It's okay, in the 6/7/8 out of 10. I need more hours before I commit a score.

Liked the Spartans in your former mod. Any chance of ressurecting them
    in Empires ?
    Last edited by sgz; July 13, 2015 at 07:45 PM.
    Classical World - overhaul mod for Hegemony 3 , Clash of The Ancients. The Real Time Grand Strategy equivalent of Total War
    https://www.moddb.com/mods/classical-world-5

Senator

A few questions:
    1. What about the climate change? Is it in and annoying like in vanilla?
    2. What about omnipresent razing, another annoying feature of vanilla?
    3. Can I use battle mods with your mod? What do you suggest?
    4. Can I use a campaign mod like Better Aggressive CAI?

Quote Originally Posted by geala View Post
    A few questions:
    1. What about the climate change? Is it in and annoying like in vanilla?
    2. What about omnipresent razing, another annoying feature of vanilla?
    3. Can I use battle mods with your mod? What do you suggest?
    4. Can I use a campaign mod like Better Aggressive CAI?
    i love razing. it can devastate your game at the same time. Saxons razed my farm city, and in a matter of 20 turns I lost my whole empire. Never had such a challenging aspect added to the game. I hope they never take it out.
    It also allows me to build my empire by not going to war, as i can move in on neutral zone.

This mod does not edit any battle mechanics or AI. Left it as vanilla as possible for mod compatibility. Also, 2.0 has released so I need to start a new thread.

Default Terminus Total War - Endless Empires (Version 2.0 Final)

Hello everyone,Terminus here and I would like to introduce my new mod: Terminus Total War -Endless Empires. First and foremost this mod is NOT historically accurate butit is a stylized realism and alternate history campaign so please keep this inmind while playing. I have decided to try to be as cohesive with actual historyas possible as well as add as many other of the outstanding suggestions fromthose who played my first mod. Also this mod is still very much a work inprogress but I will continue to add as many of the suggested changes aspossible while still remaining true to what this mod is aiming to do, which ismainly to be fun to play. Enjoy!

Overallchanges:

- Changed manyfactions starting positions, names, and emblems

- Changed thesubcultures of many of the emergent and rebel factions to match the newstarting positions
    (i.e. Britain willnow be a Celtic culture, not Roman...many others changed along theselines)

- Added 8 new customplayable factions

- Re-skins for mostfaction leaders

- Edited thecampaign selection screen maps and descriptions to reflect changes

- Expanded theterritories of several non-playable factions slightly to reflect the startpositions changes

- Religion nameoverhaul

- New non-playablefactions

- Custom familiesfor new factions and Roman Empires

FactionChanges:

- Roman Empire(formerly the Western Roman Empire) : Capitol - Roma // You will be startingwith just 2 cities now (Roma and Fiorentia). The Empire has collapsed aroundyou and the Barbarian Kingdoms are closing in but now a strong new family hasrisen to power. Its do or die time for Rome. Good luck.

- Byzantine Empire(formerly the Eastern Roman Empire) : Capitol - Constantinopolis // You arealso starting with just three cities and although you have barely enough foodyou will need to expand quickly to remain viable. There is also a strong, new,and young Emperor that you will need to keep alive if you wish to reclaim yourformer territories and rescue the Christian cities and citizens now ruled bythe mighty Persian Empire.

- Frankish Kingdom(Franks) : Capitol - Paris (yes I know it is not exactly where Paris would belocated but lets just choose to suspend disbelief here) // You have moved intoupper France and settled there.

- Saxon Kingdom(Saxons) Capitol - Hannover // You have expanded your territories and look toadd to your lands in Britannia. The Romanized Britain's hold the heart ofBritannia so you will have to deal with them.

- Lombard Kingdom(formerly the Langobards) Capitol - Sirmium // You have seized and settled inPannonia. You will need to prepare to fight your Gepid enemies.

- Burgundian Kingdom(Burgundians) Capitol - Lyon // You have settled in middle France. Rebuildingwill be required.

- Alamannic Kingdom(Alamans) Capitol - Uburzis // You have acquired two new territories from theLangobards and Western Rome.

- OstrogothicKingdom (Ostrogoths) Capitol - Ravenna // You have seized Italy. Now only thelast Romans stand in you way.

- Visigothic Kingdom(Visigoths) Capitol - Barcino // You have settled in Spain/France. You startwith a healthy and thriving kingdom but plenty of enemies. You are at war withthe Alans.

- Vandal Kingdom(Vandals) Capitol - Carthago // You have settled in North Africa and theislands formerly held by Western Rome. You start fairly wealthy and still havestrong allies nearby in the Alans.

- Alans (same)Capitol - Corduba // You have settled in Lower Spain and need to address yourlack of resources and Visigothic enemies.

- Suebians (same)Capitol - Braga // You have settled in Western Hispania.

- Ebdanians (same)Capitol - Dublin // You have expanded your territory into Britain but now haveto deal with the Britannic Kingdom and the Saxons.

- Caledonians (same)Capitol - York // You have expanded into lower Britain and moved your capitolsouth of Hadrians wall.

- Persian Empire(formerly the Sassanid Empire) Capitol - Babylon // You have expanded greatly,absorbing most of the former Eastern Roman Empire. You will need to rebuild andmay have trouble with the Christian populations of your new territories. You areat war with the Parthian Empire.

- Axumite Kingdom(Axum) Capitol - Aksum // You start as an ally of Egypt but you may eventuallyneed to aquire their lands in order to build a strong Empire. You have possiblenew Islamic enemies nearby in Arabia.

- Mongols // Youhave entered Europe through the Steppes and now look to create a strongfoothold in this continent for the glory of the Golden Horde.

- Arabic Kingdom ()Capitol - Mecca // You start with three cities in Arabia. You are surrounded byinfidels.

- Armenian Kingdom() Capitol - Duin // You start with 3 cities. You have just broken diplomaticrelations with the Persia Empire.

- Macedonian Kingdom() Capitol - Thessalonica // You start with 4 cities and you are Greco-RomanPagans.

- Britannic Kingdom() Capitol - London // You start with 3 cities and you areRoman-Catholic.

- Parthian Empire ()Capitol - Persepolis // You start with 3 cities. You are at war with thePersian Empire and all of its vassals.

- Teutonic Kingdom() Capitol - Duna // You start with 1 city and everyone hates you.

Thanks to all thathelped me with ideas and testing!

Credit to Cyrius PTfor inspiration for the Arabic Kingdom with his Arabia Mod

This mod does NOTrequire DLC

This mod is Radiouscompatible

This mod is mostlikely NOT compatible with other mods that change the startpos

From<http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile...47&searchtext=

Can you give us a real download site. Not all of us have the steam version? Id really appreciate it.

Default Re: Terminus Total War - Endless Empires (Version 2.0 Final)

A non steam download perhaps? Pretty please

Quote Originally Posted by keksimir View Post
    Can you give us a real download site. Not all of us have the steam version? Id really appreciate it.
    The game is Steam only.
    (i.e. the only "version" of the game requires steam)
    "You must understand that there is more than one path to the top of the mountain."

Is there any chance of a torrent or such? Its a great mod and i would really like to play it but...

http://img.memecdn.com/pirate-kitteh_o_1988469.webp

Default Re: Terminus Total War - Endless Empires (Version 2.0 Final)

May in Macedonia add some greek armor units as well ? and sarissa units?
    Ὃ ἂν μὴ ἴδῃς μὴ λέγε. Εἰδὼς σίγα. [Do not talk about what you do not know. And when you know, don't talk either.]

Until now, we knew that Greeks were fighting like heroes; from now on we shall say that the heroes fight like Greeks -Winston Churchill Prime Minister of the United Kingdom-

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast