Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: [UPD 27 FEB 16] Preview: Dale

Berem's Avatar Libertus
    ...Brasil, Santa Catarina, Florianópolis...

Default Re: [UPD 03/07/15] Preview Thread: Dale

They are truly a beauty to see, specially those helmets - not that the whole is not fantastic! -. The Dalian Swordsmen's helmets, for example, are amazing; they remember me of nordic helmets.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    You see, my friend, or should I say foe: the truth has died so long ago, that I shall not find her headstone!

MOS-Lukas-Dwarf's Avatar Tiro

Putting actual total war developers to shame yet again, the detail is indeed impressive as hell! The shiny areas on the model are so refreshing to see after Medieval total war dullness !!
    "You must be king before the long night begins... Only you can unite the living against the dead"

++ The Night Is Dark And Full Of Terrors ++

the swordsmen have a good appearance, but as elite unit and not as a regular unit.
    the archer,i do not like his looks,seems a troop of harad or oriental.
    It is a mistake to depart from the original look of nordic dale and add the horrible aspect of the movie the hobbit.
    dale was always a faction of nordic culture like rohan,in the third age mod reflect very well that.
    i hope the team this mod correct this and not convert the dale faction in something it is not.
    the nordic aspect must be respected, is the way for this mod is true to the history of middle earth.
    hopefully we have to dale with a Nordic appearance.
    Last edited by Anibal at portas; July 11, 2015 at 08:39 AM.

Mr.Jox's Avatar WHY SO SERIOUS?!

Quote Originally Posted by Anibal at portas View Post
    the swordsmen have a good appearance, but as elite unit and not as a regular unit.
    It is a mistake to depart from the original look of nordic dale and add the horrible aspect of the movie the hobbit.
    dale was always a faction of nordic culture like rohan,in the third age mod reflect very well that.
    i hope the team this mod correct this and not convert the dale faction in something it is not.
    the nordic aspect must be respected, is the way for this mod is true to the history of middle earth.
    As it was said we are basing our visial part of mod on films. Hobbit and LotR. If we go by lore then we can't make gondor like it shown in films.
    Don't mention TATW please, if they were developing nowadays they would use Hobbit Dale armour concept as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Anibal at portas View Post

The armors for Dale are based of Russian and balkan style which fits perfectly i think with lore. Russia had predecessors to the vikings (nordic). Eriador and Rohan are both based on nordic cultures yet they look very different. Why should Gondor, Rohan and Dale all have the same armor types, that would be very boring. I think the dale armor looks great, is realistic for a NORDIC people in the cold north and fits well with the lore of dale's army. So i think the team is just fine here.

The mod description does mention that they'll be following the film's, why are you surprised? The middle earth mod by the other team is following the books isn't it still?
    "You must be king before the long night begins... Only you can unite the living against the dead"

Alkar's Avatar Decanus

Quote Originally Posted by MOS-Lukas-Dwarf View Post
    The mod description does mention that they'll be following the film's, why are you surprised? The middle earth mod by the other team is following the books isn't it still?
    Yes, but due to problems that I won't discuss here, the other mod is unfortunately no longer in development (unless it gets taken up again by a team). The original team is still planning on releasing what they do have though in a sort-of alpha version.

Of the Lore of Middle-earth: Click Here and Here

Quote Originally Posted by Alkar View Post
    Yes, but due to problems that I won't discuss here, the other mod is unfortunately no longer in development (unless it gets taken up again by a team). The original team is still planning on releasing what they do have though in a sort-of alpha version.
    Ah that explains it, had no idea thanks.

Alkar's Avatar Decanus

Ah that explains it, had no idea thanks.
    No problem.

These look so cool, can't wait to see more.

Thanks guys. It's going to be awesome!

Civis

Great previews. Keep it up.
    Last edited by Annúminas; August 24, 2015 at 01:40 PM. Reason: calming down material me

Mr.Jox's Avatar WHY SO SERIOUS?!

Added Laketown Guards preview to the OP.
    LAKETOWN GUARDS

Enpremi outdoing himself yet again... Incredible work and outstanding quality

Alkar's Avatar Decanus

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.J View Post
    Added Laketown Guards preview to the OP.
    LAKETOWN GUARDS
    Yeah very nice! Let's give some rep to the creator.
    Last edited by Alkar; November 01, 2015 at 03:11 PM.

Ironfoot's Avatar Civis

Lovely armor !

Epic armor.

Looks lovely. I think the Russian style fits them very well (I seem to remember the films were basing Lake Town off of Novgorod which was a major trading nation in the medieval era so it makes sense to use old Russia as a basis for them).
    I am sure you are aware that Games Workshop has produced an official range of 28mm wargame figures for the LOTR and the Hobbit:
    http://www.games-workshop.com/en-GB/The-Hobbit
    Lake Town militia bowmen:

Lake-Town milita swordsmen:

Lake Town militia spearmen

Just saw the Dale Captain models on Mod DB, ing great work guys they're outstanding quality and will bring a new love for the Dale faction that hasn't been so popular before!

Just saw the Dale Captain models on Mod DB, ing great work guys they're outstanding quality and will bring a new love for the Dale faction that hasn't been so popular before!
    Right? Since I got "assigned" the Dale faction I was wondering: Is anybody going to ask him/herself: "hmm, should I play as Dale, cause they're good, or just cause they look bloody cool." ? So took this a bit personally and I intend to use slightly of my own flavour to the Dale, like you could see with the Dale Captain. I have to finish some of the lower tier units for Dale, but there is Girion's armour to made and guess what: based on the concepts and pictures he doesn't have a helmet. Over my dead body!

Quote Originally Posted by Enpremi View Post
    Right? Since I got "assigned" the Dale faction I was wondering: Is anybody going to ask him/herself: "hmm, should I play as Dale, cause they're good, or just cause they look bloody cool." ? So took this a bit personally and I intend to use slightly of my own flavour to the Dale, like you could see with the Dale Captain. I have to finish some of the lower tier units for Dale, but there is Girion's armour to made and guess what: based on the concepts and pictures he doesn't have a helmet. Over my dead body!
    Nice to see you finally here at TWC, too!
    ------------- under the patronage of wangrin --------------

~~~~~~~ Total War: Rise of Mordor at ModDB ~~~~~~~

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast