Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Achilles-91 submod WIP

Default Re: Plan on new submod

I am very looking forward to the release of this submod, so thank you in advance achilles-91!

But I don't understand - SHHIP has just released their latest version after more than one year. I wonder how long it will be before they will release the new factions so that you can decide which era you would like to mod?

I understand that your aim is historical accuracy, which is great. Not that it really matters, as it is all in your good hands, but if you have the time to say, I am curious as to what mods you will be taking units from. Will you be taking models that are now available to the community from Bellum Crucis? Will you be implementing some of the stellar models from Broken Crescent and Maygyar Mod? Are the models from the still unifinished Ruischi and War of the West open to the community? How about models from De Lois Voit? And what about models from Serbian Hussar, Lord Hamilton, Caudillo87, and karaislam?

The reason I ask is that I have been playing SS 6.4 unchanged for years now, and so many new and interesting models have been produced in the meantime. I believe that many of these new models are now open to the community. So I am really looking forward to trying SSHIP, but I would rather wait until your mod, which I assume will include some of the best from the above mods and modders, comes out.

Thanks again, and I appreciate any additional information about your mod that you could give.
    Last edited by Kilgore Trout; January 26, 2016 at 09:46 AM.
    Roland searched the continent for the man who'd done him in
    He found him in Mombasa in a barroom drinking gin
    Roland aimed his Thompson gun. He didn't say a word
    But he blew Van Owen's body from there to Johannesburg
    - Warren Zevon - Roland the Headless Thompson Gunner - 1978

Hi, i will definetly use all units that you mention above, except War of the west because i think i wont get they permision. From others i can get. And i dont know how look units of deus lo vult.
    and as bonus there will be more variations of existing units, for example check those new variations for sumzkils units :
    http://newimg.ru/i/1/hcIvH.jpg
    http://newimg.ru/i/1/Jw1jK.jpg
    http://newimg.ru/i/1/qf8V8.jpg
    http://newimg.ru/i/1/lSw5v.jpg
    i also dont know when sship team will post faction list for late and early campaing, and which one will be done first.

some of other units : http://newimg.ru/i/1/rLAiE.jpg
    http://newimg.ru/i/1/qr4GA.jpg
    http://newimg.ru/i/1/2XXvz.jpg
    http://newimg.ru/i/1/erGk2.jpg

There is also posibility that i join dominion of the sword team, because i liek they plans on they're mod. If you have some more question, feel free to ask. Cheers

Thanks for the information achilles-91. I looked at the screenshots in the links above and all of those units look incredible. So with all the models that khavipannu is already doing for SHHIP, the variations that you are working on, and the best and most realistic models from so many other mods and modders, the final output should be truly stunning!

If you decide to work with Dominion of the Sword, which sounds great as that is another mod I am very looking forward to, I hope you can still finish you submod for SHHIP. I will keep checking this post to see how things are coming along.
    Roland searched the continent for the man who'd done him in
    He found him in Mombasa in a barroom drinking gin
    Roland aimed his Thompson gun. He didn't say a word
    But he blew Van Owen's body from there to Johannesburg
    - Warren Zevon - Roland the Headless Thompson Gunner - 1978

Can someone upload here export_descr_buildings.txt of latest version of sship ?

jurcek1987's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by jurcek1987 View Post
    You have my gratitude

Sultanate of Rum roster updated :
    infantry mele: Turkoman swordsmen(no armor), seljuks swordsmen(medium), anatolian heavy sword (1200 ad.- tell me better name), ghazi ( no armor, with axes)

infantry spearmen: turkoman spears (no armor), Anataloian heavy spearmen (available at 1200, and tell me better name for this units pls ?), and some militia (probably ahdath) ,

infantry misile: turkoman archers, seljuk archers, , seljuks crossbows

MIsile cavalry : turkoman horse archers, seljuks horse archers,

melee cav: agulani ( are they ghulams, does someone know correctly ?)

Roster will be updated, i did it so taht i can have 'map' so far. I need to think of noble units, and of Ghulams how to do them(thinking of giving them junior ghulam infantry archers, senior ghulam heavy melee infantry maces, and yet to think about cavalry ghulam units)...
    Jannissary and sipahi units will be removed.

+Marius+'s Avatar Domesticus

"...of those who were called Agulani were said to be present, and they were afraid neither of swords, lances, arrows, nor any kind of arms, because they and their horses were covered with armor everywhere." - Gesta Francorum, the account of the First Crusade

So, they would be the most elite of the cavalry forces available, not just regular ghulams.
    Last edited by +Marius+; February 04, 2016 at 03:08 AM.

Im reasrching about them, and as far as i founded they were used by Kherboga, atabeg of Mosul. So it would be better maybe to give agulani unit to al sham (zengid) faction.

Oh and, "and they refused to carry any arms except swords into battle." - Gesta Francorum
    Last edited by +Marius+; February 04, 2016 at 01:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by +Marius+ View Post
    Oh and, "and they refused to carry any arms except swords into battle." - Gesta Francorum
    I found that few hours ago. Thank you anyway for information.

Np, I realized that I forgot to add it to the previous post

From what I read about their activities at Antioch, their lack of lance usage is probably what made all that armor a non-issue to deal with for the crusader knights.

I just read the letter of Stephen II Henry, Count of Blois to his wife and it appears that the knights just plowed through everyone who arrived in the area, which is really strange considering that they were probably fighting against heavier equipped and more numerous horsemen.

I agree with this, it is realy strange to me also. As far as i found, 'Agulani' name is given to them not by muslims, but by christians. And this lead me to think that they are possibly some senior/royal ghulams, equiped with swords because they thought it would be better in city. But i will try to find more sorces about them. So basicaly, you suggesting about them to be made like cataphracts with sword and shield ?

Quote Originally Posted by achilles-91 View Post
    So basicaly, you suggesting about them to be made like cataphracts with sword and shield ?
    That is what the sources state.

I have problem on chosing arab spermen unit
    1) http://totalwar.honga.net/images/med...armen_info.png
    2) http://newimg.ru/i/1/TNGwD.jpg

If you have idea for telling me which unit unit could be given for second unit and to what factions, then i could use both units. Have in mind that i have also version of that unit as infantry with swords, and as cavalry lancer.

I need help. I add hidden_resource andalusia to Valencia in world/maps/base/descr_regions , and i still cannot recruit here andalusian spearmen /archer. Why is that so ?

Quote Originally Posted by achilles-91 View Post
    I need help. I add hidden_resource andalusia to Valencia in world/maps/base/descr_regions , and i still cannot recruit here andalusian spearmen /archer. Why is that so ?
    You have to delete map.rwm and start a new campaign for the changes to take effect

Jurcek you are my savior. Today I will release reworked roster of Almoravids.
    I will rep you today, i need to spread it first.

Can someone upload SSHIP untouched descr_regions ??i need it. Its located in sship/data/world/maps/base/descr_regions

Here you go. It might be wise to keep a clean backup version of SSHIP in case something goes wrong (as is often the case).
    Attached Files Attached Files

your units rosters will be awesome!!!
    THE MORE YOU SWEAT NOW,
    THE LESS YOU BLEED IN BATTLE!!!

Sign the petition to remove hardcoded limits for M2TW