Thread: Praetorian Guard

Icon1 Praetorian Guard

This is a custom made Praetorian Guard unit for both the WRE and ERE factions. It is a Super Heavy Tier 3 sword unit available from the Level 4 military recruitment building. It is a powerful unit, but it is still balanced in my opinion.

Includes:
    Custom armor
    Custom shield & shield pattern
    Custom unit card

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Disclaimer 1: There is nothing historically accurate about this unit. It was made purely for fun.

Disclaimer 2:

I consider this mod 95% finished. I spent a lot of time on it and struggled to make things look right in this game engine. Eventually I had to throw in the towel and just release it. While you can expect low quality when working with low resolution textures on low polycount models, this game engine has strange issues with dark textures. Typically when you paint a specular map you are telling the game engine how shiny you want parts of the texture to be and what color the reflection should be. For some reason this game takes that specular color and applies it to the entire texture even when not reflecting. So if you have a black texture and a white specular map, it ends up being silver. You can't make a black texture reflect black, so you are forced to use grey/silver/white and end up with washed out colors on the entire texture. I have searched everywhere for a solution and I came to the conclusion that the texture resolution (512x512) for larger pieces of armor is too small, and was never designed to be compressed, repainted, and compressed again. The quality loss is noticeable. I'm still releasing it in case someone out there wants to use it.

Download on Steam from here: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=473345767

If I do not respond to a question on here then ask me on the steam page.

Default Re: Praetorian Guard

Really nice unit

Default Re: Praetorian Guard

nonsteam?