Thread: How to best use Riddermark Skirmishers?

Default How to best use Riddermark Skirmishers?

Skirmish yes or no, fire at will yes or no? Yesterday I killed 2300 orks in one battle and the RS unit killed 30 something. I was very disappointed. How are they best used? Thanks.

Default Re: How to best use Riddermark Skirmishers?

They are a tactical unit, there are a couple of tricks you can do with them, but you could also easily go without them. They need to be micro-managed, but as Rohan you will also be busy micrcomanaging your other cavalry, so it's tough to get the most out of them. They can kite trolls, flank troll catapults, and assassinate generals quite well. Like all cavalry they can chase routing units, or surround and charge enemies to route morale (though they have a much less potent charge than most cavalry). They can flank, pepper the enemy infantry with arrows, then charge their archers in back. If you aren't going to be piloting them manually for most of the fight though, they aren't amazing.

Ok thanks. I recruited them to deal with trolls mainly but I need just about everything I can get to defend E Osgilliath against the invasion. My infantry take so long to get there so my cav get chewed up too. I know I don't have to but it feels right. Maybe they will run out of invasion armies soon.

Use them against Mumakils. They will cut them down like flies. Every javelin unit does.
    Life is a joke, and one day you gonna laugh yourself to death about it.