Page 8 of 21 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: Imperial Crisis II

Default Re: Imperial Crisis II

Quote Originally Posted by juanplay View Post
    It works just fine.
    Some comrades still dissatisfied with his work!

Diocle's Avatar Comes Limitis

Sorry asterion, in the last days I've had some small RL isue preventing me to play games, but from my previous tests the RSII enviroment is working smoothly and without any problem on IC2, until now I've tested Britain, Gaul, Spain, Italy, Balkans, Anatolia, and Thrace and the maps look great!

This is the wonderful landscape of Northern Italian border, during the long winter of 269 AD, when many men found a glorious death on the Alpine passes, serving Rome and fighting against the Gallic traitors led by Postumus (who has escaped two times the righteous fury of my legions and, from what I know, he's still plotting his dark and evil machinations amid the shadows of the mountains of Savoy. Bastard, one day I'll catch him!)

So, im about to reclaim greece from the usurpers but most of my veteran legions (especially the danube ones) are about to collapse and the Palmyrean empire is about to take Anatolia. Auxiliary troops are just not cutting it, i can hold italy because of my praetorian elite soldiers but things are looking grim in the rest of the empire, does anyone know how to unlock the Diocletianic troops? (i have seen the in custom battle)

So, im about to reclaim greece from the usurpers but most of my veteran legions (especially the danube ones) are about to collapse and the Palmyrean empire is about to take Anatolia. Auxiliary troops are just not cutting it, i can hold italy because of my praetorian elite soldiers but things are looking grim in the rest of the empire, does anyone know how to unlock the Diocletianic troops? (i have seen the in custom battle)
    I wonder this too and agree with you.
    One of the few to still have his first avatar in place here on TWC.
    I sometimes miss this place you know. This is where my journey began.

Be patient, juan! don't forget the Roman Startegy founded on "Active Defense", remember juan Rome was not built in a day, take your time, fight on, love your Auxiliaries, they are good men, they love Rome, they are eager to serve, they can be a good force, if you don't pretend to lead them as you would lead an army composed by Auxilia Palatina and Legiones Palatinae, you need to give them a good support with archers, you need to use at their best your "Phalangarii" on the first line, in Shieldwall formation, then, you need to place the pila-armed men behind them, disabling the 'fire at will' command, just to reactivate it at the last moment, when the enemy is close, you need to deploy three or four units of cavalry to protect their flanks, you need to use the Lancearii, i.e., the light-auxiliary units, to close any gap and/or to skirmish where and if it's needed, remember those men are your sword against Chaos, trust them and love them as they were your children and they will give you back your Empire!

Ops! Forgetting! try to keep your general close to them, if you can ..

Thing is i find myself outnumbered against the Palmyrean Empire and for some reason they seem to have a lot more proper roman legions than me. Auxiliary troops are not exactly front line material (except the Thracian ones) even with shieldwall (especially when im sometimes forced to fight two armies at the same time) and my scutari (not elite version) are having issues in dealing with the Palmyrean Cataphracts, not to mention normal roman archers are useless against heavily armored targets (15 missile damage when compared to the 20 of elite syrian archers). I know the roman civil wars of the III century were bloody and the army (Just now my most elite army that included vexilationes from the II Parthica legion, Syrian Archers, Praetorian Calvalry and sarmatian cataphracts was heavily damaged while conquering Thesalonica from two full armies of the usurpers full of veteran legions) was crippled until Aurelian and Diocletian took control and reformed the army, so i aim to follow that route, otherwise holding the empire will become increasingly chimeric.

AntonioHundangir's Avatar Tiro

Now it work again, lucky. (with rs2 environments).
    So i can play. thank you again asterion. XD

I will talk about their campaign of Gallienus.
    I captured Sirmium and killed the rebel leader of the Danube Empire. After that, the rebels not fought, they offered a truce!
    I build mines wherever possible and the markets - I have every turn 20000 - 30000 money!
    I handed over the Crimea to the Goths, destroying all the buildings - he brought big losses! I defend Dacia, it brings income. Asia minor probably have to give Palmyra!
    Build barracks where you can recruit the legions (see the tree construction)! And everything will be -and legions and auxilia!

vikior's Avatar Semisalis

One more thing that I personally think needs to be balanced is cavalry. I charged a unit of cataphracts downhill into a unit of charging Auxilia and they did almost no damage, and died in the dozens after half a minute of actual combat. Roman cavalry in general seems to do very little damage.

Ok, so i got my Diocletianic troops (just had to wait until 279 A.D) however i think im going to miss my auxilia given that the new troops are considerably worse (except for elite units like the Legio Palatinae), on the bright side the new archers auxilia are better and can be easily recruited.

My palmyrene cataphracts are not weak. but you're right. some unit need rebalance. but first of all, the faction. barbarians and persian especially. persian have armies, but are enough passive. meanwhile on the rhine, germans are too few. (franks saxons and alemanni. without burdungi and longobardi.). on the danube, need only a little more aggressive i think). GO WITH THE FORTVNA COMMANDERS. AND THAT PATER JUPITER AND ROMOLO REWARDS YOU ASTERION FOR THIS WONDERFUL GIFT. A 3RD CENTURY CAMPAIGN. .

Ok, so i got my Diocletianic troops (just had to wait until 279 A.D) however i think im going to miss my auxilia given that the new troops are considerably worse..
    When a man born a lot of time ago tells you: "Be patient", you should listen to him, if only for a bit of respect for his gray hair!
    (the youth today consume games as if they are in a Fast Food drinking Pepsi and eating Hamburgers! )

Anyway, the fact that " the new troops are considerably worse.. ", IMNHO, it's the proof of the intriguing historical accuracy of this little gem named IC2!

+MegaRep for asterion when I can!

Personal suggestion for asterion
    by Diocle
    :

Comrade asterion, dear friend, please, listen to me: be very, very, very cautious before deciding to change the combat statistics of the Roman units.

Do not follow suggestions by people around the Forums, use your own mind and your own brain!
    Around here there is a lot of carzy people who could tell you that the combat statistics of a Legionary of the time of Trajan are the same compared to those of a Legionary of the time of Valentinian: THIS IS A LIE!
    Remember comrade, THIS IS A LIE! They are LIARS!!! Do not follow their LIES!

So, please my dear comrade asterion, use your own brain (it's very good and it's working very well), go on as you have done until now, do not destroy the balance of this wonderful work, following crazy suggestions of crazy people, keep up your great work, following only your own inspiration which has driven you to create this masterpiece named Imperial Crisis 2!!

Listen to me asterion: follow only your own Muse, She's your best friend, She's your loyal partner, She's everything you have, for She's your own Art, comrade!

Diocle you're right. the legionary of augustus are not the legionary of marco aurelio. and they are not the same of gallineno and aureliano. and they are not the legions of julianus, and valentiniano. ofc.
    But the game generally, need rebalance. (i mean factions. more aggressive ai. more barbarian tribes like burgundi, etc etc). the persian more aggressive. etc etc the factions. the script. etc etcbut i agree with you about units.
    for that too, i use an "hannibalic tactic", and not a "classic roman formation" on the battlefield.like i just told, i can't have too fallen in the veterans legions. and in palmyrene cavalry.
    Last edited by AntonioHundangir; October 21, 2015 at 05:46 PM.

My friends! Thank you so much for Your kind feedback! By the cavalry! I was afraid that made her very strong! 75% of the fights I won because of powerful - Equitas! The rebalance necessary! Plan to strengthen the Persians and the Germans! On the issue of passive behavior of AI! In this issue I need help with scripts I didn't work! Who knows how to make the game more dynamic - help! The Roman army of the period "Dominat", still in development! Palatine units and domestic - very strong!

Can i ask the next fix what about? i mean. what will "fix", next fix asterion?

Which legionaries are better??? Those of Julius Caesar or those of Marcus Aurelius??? BtW I will update the map by adding the Hadrian's Wall if you like Asterion why you added so many mercenaries and so strong garissons. Als I believe that two paighan Persian units are little bit too much.
    Last edited by Leon Katakalon; October 22, 2015 at 11:27 AM.

Gäiten's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Sassanians are in overworking.

Invasio Barbarorum: Ruina Roma Development Leader - Art made by Joar -Visit my Deviantart: http://gaiiten.deviantart.com/

Quote Originally Posted by AntonioHundangir View Post
    Can i ask the next fix what about? i mean. what will "fix", next fix asterion?
    Soon will be ready a little fix-mod. Already completed: 1. Lowered the profitability of caravans and mines. 2. Increased options of units on the strategic map - the barbarians got more pumped units. 3. The Romans reduced the garrisons. 4. Fixed some bugs.

Quote Originally Posted by Gäiten View Post
    Sassanians are in overworking.
    Waiting for the promised aid by the Persians and balance!

Thank you asterion! that PATER JUPITER REWARD YOU!
    I guess they will be not save game compatible. but no problem. for that i want wait for play with rome.
    Last edited by AntonioHundangir; October 22, 2015 at 12:45 PM.