Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Imperial Crisis II

Default Re: Imperial Crisis II

Alex647, Deciusalexius, the mod is not completed. Need to edit a map, and some units. I would like to make a more aggressive artificial intelligence. Download links refer to early messages. Link to modification https://yadi.sk/d/fIaV6s6ZhNRyv, fix https://yadi.sk/d/UzTbEz0jhNw32 . Partial translation (except for buildings and units)! Unzip the folder "data",with the replacement - https://yadi.sk/d/1zp45pHzjatvG
    Last edited by asterion2005; October 12, 2015 at 10:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Deciusalexius View Post
    is this mod was released?
    Any links for download are possible?
    I do not speak russian...
    It's an early build of the mod that's playable. Have you not seen the other pages of this thread? The links for it are in here, including a patch with english translations though not all of it has been translated yet.

IB:Restitutor Orbis Signature courtesy of Joar.

Are there any plans on making this mod and the mod being made in this forum into one?
    One of the few to still have his first avatar in place here on TWC.
    I sometimes miss this place you know. This is where my journey began.

Quote Originally Posted by webMaster412160 View Post
    Are there any plans on making this mod and the mod being made in this forum into one?
    A lot of plans!
    1 - To finish the factions Sassanids, Kushans, a barbarians!
    2 - To correct game balance in strategic and tactical maps!
    3 - To Refine the Roman army difference Dominat!
    4 - To make the aggressive AI!
    5 - To translate it into English!
    6 - To replace the interface, if possible!

p. S. If anyone has high quality photos, pictures, Roman shields of that period, send to the forum, please!

Diocle's Avatar Comes Limitis

@asterion2005: You may consider to add even the Roma Surrectum 2 vegetation, it's awesome!

About shields, there are the famous shields by leif_erikson, you'll find them here on TWC:

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...tatum-Shields&

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    The shields belonging to the Notitia are too later for the time frame of your mod, anyway they could be of some inspiration, we don't know ANYTHING about the paintings on Roman shields during the III century (who says the contrary is a liar), apart the wonderful exemplars found at Dura Europos, of course.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Quote Originally Posted by Diocle View Post
    @asterion2005: You may consider to add even the Roma Surrectum 2 vegetation, it's awesome!
    Pak Roma Surrectum 2 vegetation is ready! But has not been tested. Would you like to try first?

Quote Originally Posted by asterion2005 View Post
    Pak Roma Surrectum 2 vegetation is ready! But has not been tested. Would you like to try first?
    YES, I WOULD,
    OF COURSE!

YES, I WOULD,
    OF COURSE!

In the evening I will throw off the link! Thanks for Your hot feedback! I also really like the crisis of the 3rd century! Especially the armor of the Legionnaires! Especially Heddernheim! This is great! I really like the personality of the Emperor Gallienus, the man who saved Rome.

In the evening I will throw off the link! Thanks for Your hot feedback! I also really like the crisis of the 3rd century! Especially the armor of the Legionnaires! Especially Heddernheim! This is great! I really like the personality of the Emperor Gallienus, the man who saved Rome.
    Thank you very much, asterion2005 , you are a great guy and an artist!

Wait, now I try with google ... translator, be merciful please:
    Спасибо вам большое, asterion2005, вы отличный парень, и художник!

I'm fighting on Pyrenees mountains, the year is 263 AD, the season is a pretty cold Spring, and Gaul is magnificent seen from the peaks!
    It should be the first step for my second Army-Corp into Gaul, while the First Army-Corp should move from Milan, to Genoa and then entering into Gaul from Tropaeum Augusti moving in direction of Massilia, actually this should be the main direction of my attack and Aurelianus and his legatus Marcianus are leading this main army with four Praetorian Cohorts, and many other Cohorts taken from the II Parthica, from the III Parthica, from the XXII Primigenia and from the III Cyrenaica, many Auxiliary Cohorts taken from the whole Peninsula and a lot of Heavy Cavalry and Sarmatian mercenaries, sadly bad news are at the horizon on the Alps .. Postumus himself, the old bastard, is directly threatening Mediolanum but .. we will see (the CAI is good and smart! Dammit!) .. only the Gods can read the book of Fate ..

Thank You Diocle for your drawings! Beware of Postum, his strong legions of Aquitaine! Many times he smashed my army in the Pyrenees! There are Your favorite legionaries in Gladiator helmets!
    p.s. Ave translate.yandex!

Thank You Diocle for your drawings! Beware of Postum, his strong legions of Aquitaine! Many times he smashed my army in the Pyrenees! There are Your favorite legionaries in Gladiator helmets!
    p.s. Ave translate.yandex!
    Yeah, thanks, he's already here! Near Mediolanum!

On a very cold Tuesday 27 December of the year 264 AD, two large Roman armis defeated Postumus and his legions near Mediolanum, at the cost of an incredible amount of casualties and pain! He escaped, but what he left behind him are tragedy and mourning, now my invasion plans need to pause, I've lost half of the legions under the command of Aurelianus especially the two Parthian legions are heavily decimated!

This is the "Last charge", the "Extremus impetus" of the guys belonging to the II Parthica, which broke the last stand of the traitors! Postumus had already left the field!

I installed the pack with the nature of RS. I will test!
    On account of the veteran legions! It was initially supposed to leave them an opportunity to refill. But so they will live till the period of the difference dominat! But their time has already passed!

vikior's Avatar Semisalis

I've invested some time in the mod now, and I must say that, despite the unbalanced state of the campaign, it is still excellent. And I can't wait for RS II vegetation to be included and the English translation fully completed.
    However, I have mixed feelings about the inability to recruit legions. As an early game mechanic, it is excellent, forcing the player to conserve his forces. However, as the campaign progresses, legions become much more needed and I think that they should be recruitable. Certainly not from the start, but perhaps from the ultimate tier of the barracks or something. In the current state, once you take over a large chunk of the empire it becomes very difficult to continue your offensive wars. It's not much of a problem for Gallienus' faction, because they start out with a lot of legionary troops, but for Palmyra or Postumus it is, given that they only start out with 4 or 5 legions.

Vikior, You can not hire veterans legions (Severian's veterans legions, )! According to the scenario - are veterans of campaigns of Alexander Severus, Decius, Valerian! They have very high rates! Their time is over! But you can hire new Galyen's legions! There are several species - Eastern, Western, African, Greek, Germanic, Italic, Dalmatian! Their settings lower! Of them the most powerful Germanic and Balkan legions! Italian and Eastern legions - better equipped. African have the bonuses in the desert! In addition there is a strong auxilii - Eastern, Dalmatian, Thracian, Dacian, Sarmatian, Bosporan, German, Aquitaine, and other! But they are expensive. Most of the legions from Palmyra Empire! Then the Gallic Empire, Gallienus, and then the rest! It so happened that most of the legions were in the East, then they moved to the side of Aurelian.

Attention! I noticed that the fall happen before the battles. Save before fighting! The nature of the RS2 is works!

I've installed the mod and it seems that at first glance it looks good but the factions simply have to many units. We'll all go bankrupt.

Quote Originally Posted by webMaster412160 View Post
    I've installed the mod and it seems that at first glance it looks good but the factions simply have to many units. We'll all go bankrupt.
    So that's the crisis! To disband troops and to lose the province, either to preserve the legions and be at a loss! I now play for Gallienus - moves 6 - 7, we have enough money! Develop the mines and the caravans!

I handed over the Crimea to the Goths, destroyed the building and disbanded the troops! Think Asia Minor to leave! But Dacia discourage - there are mines rich!
    Last edited by asterion2005; October 14, 2015 at 02:52 PM.

The Campaign AI is smart, is evil and it's absolutely bastard! I like this!

One of the next days I'll try to write a battle report about the GIGANTIC battle fought near Mediolanum, about which I was talking in my previous post, for now also as a present for asterion 2005 Optimus Maximus and his WONDERFUL MOD, another pic taken in the moment of the charge of Aurelianus himself, against the right wing of Postumus, fantastic battle! Great units! Astonishing work, asterion! So..

" 'PERCUTE', that is, 'Charge!' in Latin, shouted Aurelianus, launching the charge of his Heavy-Horse against the weakened ranks of the two veteran legions of Postumus, still trying to push through the two Parthian Legions holding the center of the Roman battle line, then, the echo of his voice vanished in the roar of the impressing mass of horsemen launched at the gallop against the enemy, amid a white haze of snow enveloping the whole battlefield and, with it, the pain of thousands men dying in the snow now turned into an ocean of red-blood mud .."

The Campaign AI is smart, is evil and it's absolutely bastard! I like this!

One of the next days I'll try to write a battle report about the GIGANTIC battle fought near Mediolanum, about which I was talking in my previous post, for now also as a present for asterion 2005 Optimus Maximus and his WONDERFUL MOD, another pic taken in the moment of the charge of Aurelianus himself, against the right wing of Postumus, fantastic battle! Great units!
    Thank you! Today I was looking Your drawings, I really liked some of the Legionnaires, I'll try to make them models! Liked the picture of pretoriana of Maxentius! Wonderful! I am testing the nature of the company for Rome, the fall was not!

I discovered a bug, the faction empire_west_rebels while put as playable does not show up to play as.