Page 4 of 21 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Imperial Crisis II

Diocle's Avatar Comes Limitis

Default Re: Imperial Crisis II

I just used some trick and some small effect here and there, nothing more! ... but IT'S YOUR MOD THAT IS AWESOME, ASTERION OPTIMUS MAXIMUS ATQUE VIR CLARISSIMUS!

Quote Originally Posted by Gäiten View Post
    Come on! A good head-on charge by Legionairies flanks proteckted by Equites Dalmatae and those horse archers do have a grave problem. Furthermore. limiting the number of arrows helps game balancing greatly. Believe me I know what UI write about.
    Sorry I badly understand in English! Yes problems with balance there! If you can correct it - help please! I don't know much about the army of Sassanians! What specific units I should add? I will try to do! Write PM!

Quote Originally Posted by First Citizen Gallienus View Post
    I sort of got it working on steam but encountered an error. I was able to launch the game and the Imperial Crisis II intro screen showed up, then the game crashed with the following error message:

Scipt Error in bi/IC/data/descr_sm_factions.txt, at line 131, column 1.

"horde_min_units": This feature is not supported
    On Steam don't know how to start the game! I don't know the specifics of Steam!

I finally got it working. In the steam library, you have to right click the game and left click on "Set Launch Options" and place this in the field: -show_err -mod:bi/IC -movie_cam nm

IB:Restitutor Orbis Signature courtesy of Joar.

Quote Originally Posted by tomySVK View Post
    Congrats on the release! I need to get a new PC soon

Amazing screens Diocle
    Thanks for Your pictures from the theme "Roman troops of Third Century"!

Quote Originally Posted by First Citizen Gallienus View Post
    I finally got it working. In the steam library, you have to right click the game and left click on "Set Launch Options" and place this in the field: -show_err -mod:bi/IC -movie_cam nm
    Wonderful! In the strategic part of the game may have problems with balance! Need help!

vikior's Avatar Semisalis

Yeah, I got it to work. Played several Roman campaigns for about a dozen turns and tried out some custom battles. Wonderful units, I say!
    However, the campaign is horribly unbalanced.

The Romans are seriously overpowered. In all of my campaigns, I've seen them eat up a good portion of Persia and Germania in the first few turns. While historically, the Roman Empire nearly collapsed in the 3rd century, in the mod they actually expand

The size of town garrisons is a problem. In my opinon, they're too big. You can lose a field army, but it's not that much of a problem because you can quickly raise another one from nearby cities.

The barbarians and the Sassanids need to be stronger, and the Romans weaker, that is my point.

Also, in my opinon, Roman factions should have more generals available. Gallienus' faction starts with only 7 generals, if I'm correct.

Of course the problem of balance is! Need help to balance. Who knows how to fix it? We have no team! I make 3D models, comrade of Salot Sar- strategic card! The game needs to finish! To change the balance to make complex gameplay. This is a test version!

I played the campaign of Gallienus! Postum vanquished the Alemanni, and went to Spain. His strong legions of Aquitaine! This is historical! Ingenue fought in the Balkans! It was hard to defeat him! The Roman rebels are also very strong! Palmyra conquered most of Asia Minor! They have strong legions and troops of heavy cavalry. The Persians behaved passively! The artificial intelligence is very stupid in the game. I don't know how to fix it! Romans have many troops but they are weak (auxilii).Legions - a bit. The main theme of the game - the civil war between the Romans!

Man... the Legio II Traiana Fortis have incredibly detailed shields. And the mod just has highly detailed units in general!

Warning! At the start of the game all Romans given the legions! Hiring them is impossible! So conceived is Severian veterans! The player himself will decide either to dissolve them and stay without an army, or save it!

So I play a custom battle and it worked fine. Finish my first battle in the campaign, and it crashes. What luck.

Fights sometimes crashes at maximum settings!

Ah okay no wonder, I'll try to lower them a bit.

AWESOME MOD! I'm in awe! No words! I'm still at first turn ... the mod is too awesome I need to sip this beauty as I would do with an old seasoned "Aramgnac" ..

.. Have you seen THOSE WONDERFUL Heddernheim helmets? Have you seen the Heddernheim type 2 of the officer? ..

If only the Old Legions were recruitable ... ... anyway I'm using auxiliary cohorts and they are doing their job.

I'm defending Britain at all costs and to the last man.
    Here, on the edge of the known world, on this island made of ice and fog,
    with just few mercenaries and my last loyal auxiliary cohorts,
    we are fighting a desperate struggle to defend a dream named Roma!
    The island shall never fall into the hands of filthy barbarians and traitors! Never!

Meanwhile, to celebrate my last victory (perhaps even the last!) against the Celts, defending the Vallum built by the pious Divus Antoninus(*), we can shout once again .. ROMA VICTRIX!

(*)
    Artistic license, typical of any TW campaign in which gameplay history is always "alternate history". Actually the Antonine Wall was evacuated between 163 and 167 AD, under the principate of Marcus Aurelius.

O.O

Woah! Is the mod completed? Good lord it looks awesome! :O

Gäiten's Avatar Protector Domesticus

You did a great work with modifying the screenshots, Diocles.

Invasio Barbarorum: Ruina Roma Development Leader - Art made by Joar -Visit my Deviantart: http://gaiiten.deviantart.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Gäiten View Post
    You did a great work with modifying the screenshots, Diocles.
    The work is made easy by the excellent quality of the models, their details are absolutely incredible! You should try to enlarge the Guisborough, it's an artwork!

The mod needs to be polished of course, but the ART is already AT THE TOP, as in ANY RUSSIAN MOD/ARTWORK/MASTERPIECE I've seen on TWC.

By the way: my nick is "Diocle" and not "Diocles", Gaiten.
    I do not know who actually is this other forum member, this "Diocles", you so frequently quote, I'm not him for sure.
    So, the next time, when you talk with (or about) me, would you be so kind to try to use my actual nick that is "Diocle"?
    Remember, it's easy: "Diocle" without the final "s".
    Now, repeat with me: "D - i - o - c - l - e"!
    Do you see? It's easy!
    Now, once again Gaiten: "D - i - o - c - l - e"!
    Just "Diocle"! Isn't it easy?

Thank you in advance, Gaiten.

is this mod was released?
    Any links for download are possible?
    I do not speak russian...