Page 10 of 21 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: Imperial Crisis II

Default Re: Imperial Crisis II

Quote Originally Posted by webMaster412160 View Post
    I can't wait to try it out!
    I will try this week to complete the fix and post it for testing! In addition I want to allow retraining of veterans of the Severus - Decius - Valerian. Only retraining! I've done that before.

I want to note for the units hiring for 0 moves. I wanted to give the player a choice - either hire budget actual Roman units 1 - 2 course, or an expensive local auxilia for 0 moves. If you increase the number of moves per year, the time of hiring native - expensive troops will still be 0 moves.
    Last edited by asterion2005; October 26, 2015 at 08:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by asterion2005 View Post
    I will try this week to complete the fix and post it for testing! In addition I want to allow retraining of veterans of the North - Decius - Valerian. Only retraining! I've done that before.
    you mean you can allow unit to be retrained without making them recruitable ????? GENIOUS !!

PS : i don't agree with some posts on this thread asking for decreasing roman strengh of their units. Even if it was a dark moment, all scholars are now convinced that it was the time when roman had their best army...

Quote Originally Posted by Majorien View Post
    you mean you can allow unit to be retrained without making them recruitable ????? GENIOUS !!

PS : i don't agree with some posts on this thread asking for decreasing roman strengh of their units. Even if it was a dark moment, all scholars are now convinced that it was the time when roman had their best army...
    Absolutely agree with You, my friend! The crisis was in the minds of people! But the military remains strong and a good armed! Outfit legiones of the 3rd century - in my opinion the most reliable!

However it is important there is balance. That you don't get situations were the romans wipe out all the barbarian factions with ease...
    One of the few to still have his first avatar in place here on TWC.
    I sometimes miss this place you know. This is where my journey began.

you're right webmaster, balancing is the key, even if i'm not sure that unit stats are th eonly way to make it good. I mean roman units (especially regular ones, and above all Legionnaires) have to be stronger than barbarian ones, BUT barbarian ones have to be very cheaper, in order to have less roman armies, fighting numerous barbarian hordes.

then it becomes historically accurate : barbarians could hardly conquer roman lands, but easily devasting cities before the intervention of roman armies facing civil war issues. On the other hand conquering barbarian territory become very hard for the roman player : you don't have many armies, you will have to face many aggressive stacks and the opening of an another front generally discourage you from continuing your campaign... like for real ;-)

i have to say the possibility expressed by asterion of unit replenishment without recruiting new one add a lot of immersive gameplay : lose your legion and you won't be able to recruit an another one, so use it carefully !
    Unfortunately it seem that unit caping is not possible on this engine, too bad...

Quote Originally Posted by webMaster412160 View Post
    However it is important there is balance. That you don't get situations were the romans wipe out all the barbarian factions with ease...
    All the barbarians got pumped units, + 2 more to those that were in the previous version of the mod, now they are very aggressive!

p.s. Implemented 4 hotovy script, test it!

i have to say the possibility expressed by asterion of unit replenishment without recruiting new one add a lot of immersive gameplay : lose your legion and you won't be able to recruit an another one, so use it carefully !
    Unfortunately it seem that unit caping is not possible on this engine, too bad...
    I have enabled the replenishment of the veteran legions! Not everywhere and only at the highest levels. So you live the Romans!

AntonioHundangir's Avatar Tiro

Asterion i can't wait for your fix.
    Meanwhile i'm defending gaul by gallienus, and germans. i'm oppressing christians ever (ahahah) building temples, and many other.
    But i would in future, that if possible, a "diocletian army" rebuild.
    for example: not comitatenses (contantine reform) but : sacer comitatus (armed like comitatenses but organized diverse), etc etc in future i mean.

Quote Originally Posted by AntonioHundangir View Post
    Asterion i can't wait for your fix.
    Meanwhile i'm defending gaul by gallienus, and germans. i'm oppressing christians ever (ahahah) building temples, and many other.
    But i would in future, that if possible, a "diocletian army" rebuild.
    for example: not comitatenses (contantine reform) but : sacer comitatus (armed like comitatenses but organized diverse), etc etc in future i mean.
    The wise Gallienus stopped the persecution of Christians and thereby consolidated the Romans on defense! In Syria, Christians fought in the army of the Empire against the Usurpers!

So you have to build temples!

Diocle's Avatar Comes Limitis

I've won the Picture of the Week Competition with this screen:

So, after havings said once again thank you very much to asterion2005 and to Salot Sor, for their wonderful Mod, let me point out few things:

First of all, today, with Rome 2 and Attila on the shields, after ten years .. RTW-BI it's still a gorgeous engine!

Secondly, III century's Roman soldiers are interesting and fascinating subjects and people likes them and votes for them. We need more Mods about III century, as I'm saying for years and years now!

Thirdly, 3D artwork made by asterion is really good, it can compete and win over the graphics of Rome 2 and Attila. Making good games and good Mods, it's not just a business, nor pure and simple technical knowledge, actually it's a matter of personal artistic qualities and creative inspiration.

Thanks for your work asterion and Salot! You are the actual winners of the Competition!

eheh you're right. gallienus stopped. but i prefer nero, trajan, settimio severo, decius, valerian, diocletian, maxentius, and the great julian, that christian call: apostatae (they are ever full of poison with many roman emperors, i mean the "early christians" )etc etc i don't wanna find my court full of christians eunuchs like eusebius, of poison writers like lattanzio, full of evil bhisops, etc etc that want destroy all ancestors tradition, of many gods. i consider christians in roman empire like a problem. a comunity that claim to be the only thrue, and that want destroy all other gods. so i must destroy christians by my empire XD ahuahauahu (i m playin to do the "evil emperor" )i'm a "evil emperor" like decius, or diocletian. and the great julian, that christians call: apostatae. yes i know. i'm on "defeated party". ahuahu but i prefer be this, that with late roman christians. the problem, for my point of view, it's not that they was christians. but that they claim to be the only thrue. they say bad things on the old gods. and on the "emperor cult". and other things like these. when they are been "persecuted" by romans, they can continue to be christians. but must do an "offer" to the "state gods". instead when they took power, they leave no chance to pagans, and forced they to convert with violence. so i don't like late roman christians. over this i can't wait your fix. thank you for let me play 3rd century again

Quote Originally Posted by Diocle View Post
    I've won the Picture of the Week Competition with this screen:

So, after havings said once again thank you very much to asterion2005 and to Salot Sor, for their wonderful Mod, let me point out few things:

First of all, today, with Rome 2 and Attila on the shields, after ten years .. RTW-BI it's still a gorgeous engine!

Secondly, III century's Roman soldiers are interesting and fascinating subjects and people likes them and votes for them. We need more Mods about III century, as I'm saying for years and years now!

Thirdly, 3D artwork made by asterion is really good, it can compete and win over the graphics of Rome 2 and Attila. Making good games and good Mods, it's not just a business, nor pure and simple technical knowledge, actually it's a matter of personal artistic qualities and creative inspiration.

Thanks for your work asterion and Salot! You are the actual winners of the Competition!
    The Third Parthian Legion Was The Winner!

I really like Roman Legionaries of the Third Century! Will do more mods about Third Century! About the campaigns of Caracalla, Alexander Severus! And I dream to make a mod dedicated to Marcus Aurelius!

p.s. indeed i like very much characters like "comes marcellinus" or "litorio" the commander of flavio etius. the last "pagan commanders" in 5 century. XD

Quote Originally Posted by AntonioHundangir View Post
    eheh you're right. gallienus stopped. but i prefer nero, trajan, settimio severo, decius, valerian, diocletian, maxentius, and the great julian, that christian call: apostatae (they are ever full of poison with many roman emperors, i mean the "early christians" )etc etc i don't wanna find my court full of christians eunuchs like eusebius, of poison writers like lattanzio, full of evil bhisops, etc etc that want destroy all ancestors tradition, of many gods. i consider christians in roman empire like a problem. a comunity that claim to be the only thrue, and that want destroy all other gods. so i must destroy christians by my empire XD ahuahauahu (i m playin to do the "evil emperor" )i'm a "evil emperor" like decius, or diocletian. and the great julian, that christians call: apostatae. yes i know. i'm on "defeated party". ahuahu but i prefer be this, that with late roman christians. the problem, for my point of view, it's not that they was christians. but that they claim to be the only thrue. they say bad things on the old gods. and on the "emperor cult". and other things like these. when they are been "persecuted" by romans, they can continue to be christians. but must do an "offer" to the "state gods". instead when they took power, they leave no chance to pagans, and forced they to convert with violence. so i don't like late roman christians. over this i can't wait your fix. thank you for let me play 3rd century again
    I'm just a representative of the Byzantine tradition! We never had the Inquisition, we not burned dissenters at the stake. Christianity United the Roman nation. Descendants of robbers of Cilicia, Syrians, Armenians and Greeks, United by a common idea has created a state which lasted until the 15th century! It speaks about something!? I prefer Claudius, Titus, Marcus Aurelius, Antoninus Pius, Gallienus. Christianity teaches self-discipline! And taught it to the great Greeks - Socrates, Heraclitus, Plato, Aristotle! I believe the Romans killed sense of proportion! Everything in moderation-nothing to excess!

I started a new game for Rome! Need to check how the script works, and is it enough money for the army! Although the AI just behaves differently!

I know friend. my girl it's ortodox. (eritrean). But me no. i'm a italic "evil pagan" that do sacrifices to the old gods. i m much devotional to "underground" gods, like hades, demetra, etc but also to heroes like heracles, and diomede king of argos (founder of my town. histonium). but i'm a "dionysiac" too. my bible are homeric bronze age histories. but i guess what you mean friend and thank you for your work, this mod .

Maybe it is time to create a brand new space on this forum for this mod, what you think ? i guess many players will come here, and many newbies will ask the same questions : where i can download it, is it a beta, can i see a preview, what are the factions... wich is pretty normal !

Yes i thiink too.

Maybe it is time to create a brand new space on this forum for this mod, what you think ? i guess many players will come here, and many newbies will ask the same questions : where i can download it, is it a beta, can i see a preview, what are the factions... wich is pretty normal !
    It woud certainly help. Right now we got maybe 10+ people invested in this. That number could increase if this mod has in the forseeable future its own sub-forum but I'm not fully sure the time is upon us to ask the Imperators for making it already.
    One of the few to still have his first avatar in place here on TWC.
    I sometimes miss this place you know. This is where my journey began.

Diocle's Avatar Comes Limitis

Quote Originally Posted by asterion2005 View Post
    The Third Parthian Legion Was The Winner!

I really like Roman Legionaries of the Third Century! Will do more mods about Third Century! About the campaigns of Caracalla, Alexander Severus! And I dream to make a mod dedicated to Marcus Aurelius!
    A new Mod?
    Starting from Marcus Aurelius, Commodus and then Pertinax, Didius Iulianus, .. the whole Severan Dynasty ... with Elagabalus and Maximinus (RIP)????

Actually it would be the "Missing Link" of the whole TW gaming & modding history!!!! No words, I'm too moved to say anything sensible at the moment!