Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Feedback and Suggestions

Tango12345's Avatar Never mind the manoeuvres...
    Moderator Emeritus Content Emeritus Administrator Emeritus

Default Feedback and Suggestions

Put your feedback and suggestions in this thread. We will seek to address as many of them as we can.

Icon14 Re: Feedback and Suggestions

Tango Thank you very much friend for tht job. Mate,you made absolutely awasome job thank all team for that great mod thnx

Default Re: Feedback and Suggestions

It might of been just a fluke as it works now, but i'm not sure if its ment to be this but no matter what faction I play as the enemy always have better ranged weapons, i'm using the same tier infantry and tested it out on both sides with the same units but they always have longer range by about 50 meters, this is on all eras this happens

Give me the names of specific units and which era it is and I'll have a look. The difficulty setting would be useful as well.

That said, there aren't any circumstances I've ever seen which make a weapon range change other than editing it manually in the db tables.
    Last edited by Tango12345; June 28, 2015 at 05:35 PM.

Now patience pays!

Foederatus

Nice, job, I've played it a few minutes, and i admit this is good job, can't wait to see the full mod

Default Re: Picture Gallery

I know this is a WIP but why are there No ammunition pouches or canteens on the belts of the uniforms...? Were those not able to include in the mod yet....?

Moved to proper thread .

We need to update the equipment (including things like rifles etc.) to better suit our requirements. Accoutrements like those will be added in due course.

Quote Originally Posted by Tango12345 View Post
    Put your feedback and suggestions in this thread. We will seek to address as many of them as we can.
    have been waiting for the mod since 2013....great mod...though only a beta...
    now there are some things i would like to have in this game.......beg your pardon for my boldness......
    1. the spacing between the foot soldiers is too much.........in 1861 american civil war was fought in compact line formations.in 1870-1871 franco -prussian war was fought in loose formations with increased artillery effects.not giving any history lesson but i think though you have tried to make it historically accurate the spaces should be decreased just for fun.

2.range for both of the foots(line and light) are excellent....but 67% accuracy for light infantry is like marching to a slaughter house.

3.french chasseurs,lines,chasseur d'africa,curassier, have very accurate models.probably the chasseurs have the best model.

Tango, you guys really did a good job here.
    Thank you so much!

@sayan roy
    There's no such thing as being too bold, as long as your points are polite and well considered we'll answer them.

1.Early and Middle era units are almost all in reasonably tight formations (except light infantry). Late era units are in much looser formations. We trying to have a system that works as well as it can-certainly, we are not going to tighten any more formations.

2.You need to be more specific as to which era of units you are talking about as we've got at least 3 rifles per faction in this mod. Bear in mind that they are rifles however, not muskets, and many are breach-loading so accuracy will be a lot higher. You need to make good use of cover if you don't want to lose a lot of troops. The mechanics in this mod (as indeed with TWTEAW and TGW) very much favour the defender.

3.You can thank Bethencourt for those, he was gracious enough to allow us the use of suitable models from his napoleonic era mod.

NauDaModder's Avatar Civis

Suggested nations:
    Qing Dynasty of China: The Qing Dynasty showed the height of Victorian British power, with the British eventually winning Hong Kong and basically humiliating a three hundred year old dynasty.
    Japan: It would be really nice to see Japan (BTW these can only be played in custom battles). Japan in the 1880s was a power, with modern technology but with spirit from ancient times.

"Amy Pond, there is one thing you'd better understand about me, 'cause its important and one day your life may depend on it. I am definitely a madman with a box."

ExtremeBG's Avatar Decanus

I don't have Empire and have never played it but the prospect of Bulgaria as a faction excites me. Is there a way to play with it, even though it is an emergent faction ?

Macedonia(FYROM) is Bulgarian. If you don't believe me, read a book.

Suggested nations:
    Qing Dynasty of China: The Qing Dynasty showed the height of Victorian British power, with the British eventually winning Hong Kong and basically humiliating a three hundred year old dynasty.
    Japan: It would be really nice to see Japan (BTW these can only be played in custom battles). Japan in the 1880s was a power, with modern technology but with spirit from ancient times.
    Much as it would be nice, the VTW team only has limited resources, and adding factions that don't appear on the campaign map when we don't have any models for them is not something we're willing to do.

I don't have Empire and have never played it but the prospect of Bulgaria as a faction excites me. Is there a way to play with it, even though it is an emergent faction ?
    Not yet I'm afraid.

Will there be any sort of zulu or boer action? As for the middle era that was pretty much all Britain had going for her till 1900's

I can't say there won't be, but our priority for now is what we can put on the campaign map. When thats further along we might consider adding custom battle only factions.

Say you get all the custom battles down, and start making a campaign. Will you try to activate the regions what imperial destroyer did ?

No idea.

♘Top Hat Zebra's Avatar Praepositus
    That place you go to when the world becomes too much? I'm in the world. I'm why it's too much.

I have not had a chance to play the mod yet, but from screenshots it looks like units use fire by rank. Is this only for early units, or for all units?

I've always been under the impression that mass fire was used more during this era. Most of the Civil War art I've seen portrays units firing all together in close packed formations, or spread far out, in cover, acting as skirmishers. With the faster rate of fire offered by breech loaders, I don't see how firing by rank would be necessary or beneficial anymore.

I could be wrong, of course, I don't know much about the era outside of the American Civil War.
    "Rajadharma! The Duty of Kings. Know you: Kingship is a Trust. The King is the most exalted and conscientious servant of the people."

Tango do you guys think using İmpreal Destroyer mod map or you guys do your map?

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast