Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Feedback and Suggestions

Default Re: Feedback and Suggestions

Do not worry about Spain. You wont see it for a good year at least. You'll see the same factions that were playable in earlier betas but this time with proper models and sounds. Namely Austria-Hungary, Germany, Britain and France. Russia and USA might make it in time but that detail is not mine to decide unfortunately.
    Last edited by Sirlion; August 30, 2017 at 05:46 AM.
    My Mods and Projects

- Realism Core v5 for La Monteé de L'Empire 4.2 (NTW)
    - Battle Chaos, give life to your fights! (NTW)
    - Battleterrain Mod, larger, better campaign battle maps (NTW)
    - Developer for 1800 (ETW) battle mechanics, unit stats
    - Developer for Victoria Total War (ETW) unit modeller \ texturer
    - Developer of Rise of the Eagles (MTW2 - HOSTED), creator \ db \ models \ textures
    - Risorgimento 1859 The Franco-Austrian War (NTW), creator \ developer

Pazu the Kitsune's Avatar Shopkeeper

Quote Originally Posted by sigfrido85 View Post
    Hello, I am new in forum. If you need any advice or suggestion about spanish uniforms, weapons, history during the period of the mod, please, contact me. I would like to help in order to create a great spanish rooster in this bloody period for spain,

Here. I attached the link with colonial spanish uniforms used in Cuba, Philipines, Puerto Rico, in the period of "Hispanic-unit states war" in 1898

https://www.1898miniaturas.com/artic...l-de-ultramar/

Nice - ty for this resource ^^

"If you can keep your head when all about you
    Are losing theirs and blaming it on you,"

-First lines to the poem "If-" (by Rudyard Kipling)

Spitfire -WONDERBOLT!'s Avatar Vicarius
    Canterlot Castle, City of Canterlot, Equestria.

Quote Originally Posted by Sirlion View Post
    Do not worry about Spain. You wont see it for a good year at least. You'll see the same factions that were playable in earlier betas but this time with proper models and sounds. Namely Austria-Hungary, Germany, Britain and France. Russia and USA might make it in time but that detail is not mine to decide unfortunately.
    Your making a mod now? O.o Good Show!
    GIVE CREDIT TO YOUR ENEMY AND LITTLE TO YOURSELF, AS IT MAKES YOUR VICTORY ALL THE GREATER!
    -Under the influence of medically prescribed drugs, please take much salt with this post, you have been warned!

Swaldo_02's Avatar Laetus

when is the next beta coming out?

Idea: Add Theodore Roosevelt's Rough Riders to America during the late period of the game

Pazu the Kitsune's Avatar Shopkeeper

I think inevitably we will - bear in mind though that they did not do much (if any) actual 'fighting'.

EDIT (10/16/17) - I feel I should correct the comment I made here, the Rough Riders certainly did do actual fighting, to say they didn't would be disrespectful to them, but one thing that should be kept in mind is that they were on some level created to be a sort of 'team USA' in Cuba. They had whites, blacks, and native americans all in the same unit (which was very unusual for the time), and most of the journalists who went over there were 'assigned' to that unit. Also, as any good historian knows, Teddy Roosevelt leading the charge up San Juan hill on horseback is pure bunk xP
    Last edited by Pazu the Kitsune; October 16, 2017 at 01:37 PM.

"If you can keep your head when all about you
    Are losing theirs and blaming it on you,"

-First lines to the poem "If-" (by Rudyard Kipling)

Tango12345's Avatar Never mind the manoeuvres...
    took an arrow to the knee Content Emeritus spy of the council

and we're very much concentrating on genric units rather than individual ones like that at this stage.

Hi guys from the Victorian TW mod. Are you not interested to use more the Fall of the Samurai game, rather than ETW. The game is as good as fully moddable (you can add new ships, mod the campaign and battle maps, add new language sounds, add new animation, etc....)? The reason why i say this, is that i could help you out for this. I am working on my own project. But after i am planning (after my own project) a more true Victoria Age mod with a world map.

I think to remember this issue was raised quite some time ago... if I recall correctly, the reason for using ETW instead of FotS was first and foremost that some of the modders involved to not own (or do not play) FotS.Also, as Victoria is planned to have a world campaign in the future, the map of ETW is the best choice surely.

Quote Originally Posted by Kraut View Post
    I think to remember this issue was raised quite some time ago... if I recall correctly, the reason for using ETW instead of FotS was first and foremost that some of the modders involved to not own (or do not play) FotS.Also, as Victoria is planned to have a world campaign in the future, the map of ETW is the best choice surely.
    The best choice really depends what you want to do. Fall of the Samurai is made around that time frame. And if you want to play on a World map, you can create one in S2TW. And the game runs smoother also.

At this stage we will be sticking with ETW for the time being. Thank you for the offer however.

I will also add that creating a world map in S2TW is much more difficult and time consuming than say, M2TW. That is why there are no world maps yet, not even the ACW one that started development years and years ago. Ask yourself why.
    My Mods and Projects

- Realism Core v5 for La Monteé de L'Empire 4.2 (NTW)
    - Battle Chaos, give life to your fights! (NTW)
    - Battleterrain Mod, larger, better campaign battle maps (NTW)
    - Developer for 1800 (ETW) battle mechanics, unit stats
    - Developer for Victoria Total War (ETW) unit modeller \ texturer
    - Developer of Rise of the Eagles (MTW2 - HOSTED), creator \ db \ models \ textures
    - Risorgimento 1859 The Franco-Austrian War (NTW), creator \ developer

Quote Originally Posted by Sirlion View Post
    I will also add that creating a world map in S2TW is much more difficult and time consuming than say, M2TW. That is why there are no world maps yet, not even the ACW one that started development years and years ago. Ask yourself why.
    Sirlion, the ACW mod has a custom campaign map already. The 3 Kingdoms mod has a custom campaign map, my own mod Total FotS version 2 has a custom campaign map. It is a bit of time consuming, that's true, but i did already made (a world map)one for a future project i want to do. I can do it in a month. Have you ever played S2TW and Fall of the Samurai? Have you ever tried to mod on S2TW? I did mod ETW, and it has so much restrictions in modding in the way S2TW can be modded. Off course that making a map in say the warscape engine is a bit more tedious, as it is a 3d map with a lot more features, but if you know the basics, it's easy to understand. But, i am not going in how to tell you how to make a mod, i know you all have experience enough in that. I just tried to let you know that S2TW is fully moddable and there is a need of a lot great modders like all of you.

I believe that all izzi is trying to say is he can lend a helping hand to this mod and provide good suggestions to help it move along. I find it ironic that the leaders of this mod would believe that thinking outside of the box is "too time consuming" considering that you have had the ETW world map available all this time, and you still have not produced a playable campaign in 8 years no offence.

Thinking 'outside of the box' isn't so much of an issue here-there are 3 of us, all busy with our own projects in addition to this one, or real life. At the moment, the hold-up here is me. I am currently tidying up (understatement ) the db elements of this mod, and a lack of time with work and moving house has not helped.

The problem at this stage with moving to FotS is that I do not own it and do not plan to buy it currently. My budget is not limitless, and my current computer tends to struggle with more recent games. Izzi, you make some very good points, and please do not take our responses as ungracious.

Don't worry Tango12345, i am just saying, that if you ever need help in moving to Fots, i can help out. I know you all have not that much time (things with real life has always but always priority, no matter what). I understand it (same here).

Arrow2daknee's Avatar Vicarius

Are you aware that the British Armstrong Guns seem to crash the game? I haven't had any crashes other than when I try to play with Armstrong Guns. Keep up the good work with this mod, I really want to see the Germans completed!

La♔De♔Da♔Brigadier Graham's Avatar Artifex♔Duffer♔Civitate
    The Den,with a massive pair of binoculars, surveying TWC, ensuring members are laughing & happy!

Never really heard of that happening, I must test that when possible, thanks for the Head-sup.

"No problem can withstand the assault of sustained Dufferism"

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234