Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Request

Prince of Epirus's Avatar Libertus

Icon12 Request

Without any doubts this is the best damn mod i ever played and i really thank you for it , i have a small request if its not too much , its about creating a skin for the berber axeman (it is still in vanilla version)
    ah and one more thing The berber campaign-map description is labeld as "lakhmid arabs" , the Muslim Arabs dident take berber lands till they crushed the sassanids and took egypt from the romans so that was a really inaccurate thing in this awesome mod

Default Re: Request

Quote Originally Posted by Prince of Epirus View Post
    Without any doubts this is the best damn mod i ever played and i really thank you for it , i have a small request if its not too much , its about creating a skin for the berber axeman (it is still in vanilla version)
    ah and one more thing The berber campaign-map description is labeld as "lakhmid arabs" , the Muslim Arabs dident take berber lands till they crushed the sassanids and took egypt from the romans so that was a really inaccurate thing in this awesome mod
    Thank You Prince of Epirus and thank you for this comment for it made my day and yes, I will change this. I am going to make one more upgrade to this mod. Any other suggestions feel free and I will certainly look see.

Under the esteemed patronage of Ramon Gonzales y Garcia IB and IB2 Mod

hmm well based on what ive seen so far u should :

1) The huns surely need more horse archer units
    2) u might wanna add the Sarmatians and the Roxolani Tribes as factions (Virgin Archers against the Hunnic Cavalry would be a great fight to behold)
    3) The Music surely needs some serious changes (u might wanna add them from other mods)
    4)the export_descr_unit needs to be modified by removing the "short_pike" trait to spearmen units they like greek phalanxes when they move , the trai should be removed thus they fight as normal spearmen in shieldwall or normal square formations

hmm well based on what ive seen so far u should :

1) The huns surely need more horse archer units
    2) u might wanna add the Sarmatians and the Roxolani Tribes as factions (Virgin Archers against the Hunnic Cavalry would be a great fight to behold)
    3) The Music surely needs some serious changes (u might wanna add them from other mods)
    4)the export_descr_unit needs to be modified by removing the "short_pike" trait to spearmen units they like greek phalanxes when they move , the trai should be removed thus they fight as normal spearmen in shieldwall or normal square formations
    I'll look see and do my best

The SoundMod is Ihatemondays Soundmod with some slight additions and it has Latin voices sound effects etc. I really enjoy it but you don't like it?

-The Sarmatians and the Roxolani Tribes were pretty much scattered in the 4 winds in the 5th century but Gepids? The Gepids were a powerful faction at the start of the 463AD Mod.

-The Huns I should be able to add more horse archers

-This can be done easily by removing the "short_pike" trait to spearmen units

.-Creating a skin for the berber axeman (it is still in vanilla version) Will be done

-The berber campaign-map description.. Yes

Keep the suggestions coming or if you disagree, freely do so. Its great to get some discussion going again
    Thank You Prince of Epirus
    Last edited by Riothamus; June 27, 2015 at 12:07 PM.

Lets edit this to a more historical faction definition

Edited
    {BARBARIAN_INVASION_BERBERS_TITLE}The Berbers
    {BARBARIAN_INVASION_BERBERS_DESCR}Difficulty Factor: ESTIMATED HARD\n\nThe Moors and Berbers represent the many desert peoples who harried the Roman Empire in north Africa as the Western Empire slowly declined. A change in the climate may have helped drive these tribes to attack the Roman frontier, or it may simply have been the perceived weakness of Roman garrisons. In either case, the danger was such that the Romans were forced to construct a limes, or system of frontier forts, and provide for garrison troops to protect their holdings. The desert raiders were never quite strong enough to drive the Romans or the later Vandals into the sea and claim the North African littoral as their own.
    Last edited by Riothamus; June 27, 2015 at 05:34 PM.

im happy that i could help , pretty shame to not uprgade this awesome mod .

1) well im sorry but i dident find any soundmods at all can u give me the thread link please .
    2) "the Lakhmid arabs" title should be replaced by berbers the rest is great
    3) it will be good to make new objective maps for the regions each faction should take .
    4) i know the western Roman empire had some really financial problems but the units upkeep is rediculously high .
    5) almost all factions have the dragon standard is that historically accurate ?

im happy that i could help , pretty shame to not uprgade this awesome mod .

1) well im sorry but i dident find any soundmods at all can u give me the thread link please .
    2) "the Lakhmid arabs" title should be replaced by berbers the rest is great
    3) it will be good to make new objective maps for the regions each faction should take .
    4) i know the western Roman empire had some really financial problems but the units upkeep is rediculously high .
    5) almost all factions have the dragon standard is that historically accurate ?
    What download did you use? the Sound mod should be installed in the version II. The dragon standard actually came from the Sarmatians sometime around the 2end century. It interestingly isn't Roman
    Last edited by Riothamus; June 27, 2015 at 05:32 PM.

i used the basic mediafire dowload from the IB VGR II links and instructions thread

i used the basic mediafire dowload from the IB VGR II links and instructions thread
    Interesting This below contains the Soundmod

Click Below
    Mediafire.no sprites:
    http://www.mediafire.com/download/93.../IB_VGR_II.exe
    http://www.mediafire.com/download/en.../IB_VGR_II.D01
    http://www.mediafire.com/download/c9.../IB_VGR_II.D02
    Then add the Part II exe. as a patch
    Change route if not the same as above links. C:\Program Files\Activision

http://www.mediafire.com/download/s9...II_Part_II.exe

wherre is the sound files exactly ? in the normal file or the patch?

wherre is the sound files exactly ? in the normal file or the patch?
    I'm pretty
    sure ii is within the first three links but I'm not positive.

i reinstalled the mod with the links u gave me but the it gives me this ctd when i try to launch it :
    rio/data/descr_sound_units_ambient error at line 6193 mount unit Oliphaunt lephent not found

i reinstalled the mod with the links u gave me but the it gives me this ctd when i try to launch it :
    rio/data/descr_sound_units_ambient error at line 6193 mount unit Oliphaunt lephent not found
    elephant_oliphant. Do you have compatible files on your computer Prince of Epirus? This will cause a ctd if you do
    Last edited by Riothamus; June 28, 2015 at 08:03 AM.

yes i do , and i had the same crash message before but it disapeared and the game worked , now that i re instal it it made the same ctd message again

yes i do , and i had the same crash message before but it disapeared and the game worked , now that i re instal it it made the same ctd message again
    Heavy sigh..crazy huh? delete your virtualfiles folder(compatible files) and try re loading the mod

sorry its no use i tried 4 times now and the same error message keep coming out and crashin the gme even before it starts

sorry its no use i tried 4 times now and the same error message keep coming out and crashin the gme even before it starts
    Well please don't give up. It work before you said..

it finally worked , i re installed BI files and the mod worled fine with the music and evreything .

so anyway are you working on a new patch ?

it finally worked , i re installed BI files and the mod worled fine with the music and evreything .

so anyway are you working on a new patch ?
    Great!!! and yes to a new upgrade

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast