Thread: Lances and years

Default Lances and years

1. Does anyone know, if it is possible to make your knights using their lances instead of their swords?

2. Do you think it's smart to change the 2 years per round into 1 year, or even 6 months? I would like to, but I guess the developers thaught about it when they made that decision, didn't they?

Thank you!

Soulghast's Avatar RAWR!

Default Re: Lances and years

2. Change it! It's stupid to have 2 years per turn.
    Ex-Curator
    Under the Patronage of Perikles
    Patron of Desperado † and Astaroth

R.I.P Calvin

That's what I think, yeah. But did you turn it into 1 year or 0,5 years?

In reply to 1) :

Simply put no... Not till the tools are out.. I remember back when I modded rome.. They have 2 weapons on there model and they switch between them afer the charge (rome never did that though, thank god they fixed it this time around) So till the tools are out no.. But when they do, toss out a request in the mod forum for someone to remove the sword.. Though it would have to be done for EVERY knight model..
    I pissed off the edge of the wall.. slept in a sky cell. Fought with the hill tribes... so many adventures

Henry of Grosmont's Avatar Clockwork Angel

Quote Originally Posted by Hayden
    1. Go to the "Medieval II Total War/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign" folder.
    2. Right click on the file "desc_strat.txt", select properties and uncheck the read-only box.
    3. Open the desc_strat.txt file in notepad.
    4. Change the value in front of timescale
    It should look like this by default:

timescale 2.00

The lowest value that works is 0.50, any value lower and the game just treats it as 0.50.

Enjoy. And there is a topic about this:
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...99#post1327599
    Last edited by Henry of Grosmont; November 18, 2006 at 12:08 PM.

Soulghast's Avatar RAWR!

Quote Originally Posted by Hayden
    I didn't do anything, as I don't have the game. I will probably put it ti 0,5 in vh/vh always.
    Ex-Curator
    Under the Patronage of Perikles
    Patron of Desperado † and Astaroth

R.I.P Calvin

I think 1 year per turn is best, 6 months a turn is too slow for my tastes until the unpacker tool comes out and building times can be changed. With 6 months a turn on now, you don't gain anything since you will still reach the late period units quickly since building times go by turns not years. 1 year per turn is plenty of time to finish the campaign and more to spare.

As for the lances, out of curiosity why would you want them to use only lances? I admit its hard to get cavalry to charge well with lances down and without stopping before they reach their target (especially for sieges with not alot of room to run in the first place) but it would look funny to me if they stopped like they always do and then began trying to jab enemies with their large clumsy lances.
    Last edited by Klund; November 18, 2006 at 12:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Klund
    As for the lances, out of curiosity why would you want them to use only lances? I admit its hard to get cavalry to charge well with lances down and without stopping before they reach their target (especially for sieges with not alot of room to run in the first place) but it would look funny to me if they stopped like they always do and then began trying to jab enemies with their large clumsy lances.
    Not ONLY lances, but it would be better for charges. It should be like in Napoleonic:TW. Press ALT and your lancers charge with lance, or just right click and they will use their sabres. And when fighting, they'll use their sabres automatically, the lances are only for direct charge.

Quote Originally Posted by Klund
    I think 1 year per turn is best, 6 months a turn is too slow for my tastes until the unpacker tool comes out and building times can be changed. With 6 months a turn on now, you don't gain anything since you will still reach the late period units quickly since building times go by turns not years. 1 year per turn is plenty of time to finish the campaign and more to spare.
    6 months gives you more time to build troops if you are HRE before Venice, Milan, and Sicily decide to destroy you.

Trajan's Avatar Capodecina

Moved to Text Editing and Scripting.