Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rome Total Realism: Preview 1

Default Re: Rome Total Realism: Preview 1

Oh well no worries i have ALX on steam. Just wanted to make sure and good luck on this project, can't wait to play it !

Aneirin's Avatar of flowing verse

Looks quite interesting!
    Good luck to you guys
    Proud son of Aikanár and brother of Iskar

sturnado's Avatar Foederatus

How much do you plan on looking to other mods like Roma Surrectum or EB for inspiration and ideas?

I've been pulling ideas from many other mods as well as speaking to those who developed them

sturnado's Avatar Foederatus

What would the pros/cons be of doing something like the RSII team did for the campaign map?

Also, from what I remember from playing RTRPE (way back in the day), was that every enemy near me was able to endlessly spam armies. I was able to route all the armies they sent, but I would wind up spending inordinate amounts of time every single turn manually fighting battles. If there could be some kind of balance achieved between battles and broadly planning your empire via the campaign map, then perfection would be achieved.

Finally, my knowledge of Rome I modding starts and ends with the ability to change the faction colors as they appear on the campaign map. That being said, I would be happy to help your team out. I'll send you a PM.

Nice map! But Rome Total History has the original and is still ahead.
    We even got a landbridge between Etruria and Corsica to trigger the conflict between Rome and Carthage.
    Why did you change the navigable rivers? They are looking quite awful.
    Creator of Rome Total History
    Rome 2 sucks, EB, RS and RTR were yesterday...
    Don't you feel like it's time to move on?
    Explore the ancient world, fight epic battles,
    conquer beautiful queens and princesses...
    Try a new groundbreaking mod:
    Experience Rome Total History!
    Play RTH or wait for Rome 3!

Quote Originally Posted by sturnado
    What would the pros/cons be of doing something like the RSII team did for the campaign map?

Also, from what I remember from playing RTRPE (way back in the day), was that every enemy near me was able to endlessly spam armies. I was able to route all the armies they sent, but I would wind up spending inordinate amounts of time every single turn manually fighting battles. If there could be some kind of balance achieved between battles and broadly planning your empire via the campaign map, then perfection would be achieved.

Finally, my knowledge of Rome I modding starts and ends with the ability to change the faction colors as they appear on the campaign map. That being said, I would be happy to help your team out. I'll send you a PM.
    Can you explain what you mean about the RSII map? If it is restricting naval movement we have though about it, but we'd need to research the sea lanes used back then.
    As far as armies spamming, once you get into the late game, it will happen but we will work to see if we can tone it down because I agree it really kills the campaign.

As for the navigable rivers, we just wanted to make the nile and danube larger to reflect how well ships could navigate them.

Have you already decided which factions will be included in the final version? If yes, could you give me a list of it?

We've decided but giving a list would just spoil the fun!

Please, when will the mod done?

A public beta will be coming out soon. We are just putting the finishing touches on it for quality purposes, that way you all can have fun with a working game.

What is the status of this mod?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12