Thread: Steam multiplayer problem

Icon5 Steam multiplayer problem

So I installed TATW with steam, it works perfectly, it doesn't crash. The campaigns work fine
    however when I try to go to multiplayer I notice two things

1) all the hosted servers say "incompatible" im not sure what that means exactly, does that mean my version of the game is incompatible or are they using lan servers? the only games that I see are all red with "incapatible" next to them.

2) I go to click host game, I pick the map and terrain and everything as soon as I click "next" the game crashes saying "medieval II total war has stopped working"
    no matter if I run the game as admin, take off the daylights saving time, the game always crashes when I try to do this for multiplayer.

I'm not sure what's wrong can anybody help? I was hoping to host a game for some of my friends.

Default Re: Steam multiplayer problem

I have this same issue, my TATW campaign and solo custom battles work fine no crashes. you description matches what my multi-play windows look like as well. it crashes when i hit next to actually host a game players can join, also the list of maps available doesn't include a lot of the custom settlements which is odd since i see youtubers posting multi-play battles over those cities. My friends and I would love some insight if anyone has any.

Quote Originally Posted by Ang56 View Post
    I have this same issue, my TATW campaign and solo custom battles work fine no crashes. you description matches what my multi-play windows look like as well. it crashes when i hit next to actually host a game players can join, also the list of maps available doesn't include a lot of the custom settlements which is odd since i see youtubers posting multi-play battles over those cities. My friends and I would love some insight if anyone has any.
    I have the same exact issue and the same question about scenarios too!

1- I have installed TATW carefully following the instructions and all works fine in single player
    2- where can I download a scenario pack like the wonderful ones I see played on youtube (thanks Pixelated Apollo! ) ?

Quote Originally Posted by Ang56 View Post
    I have the same exact issue and the same exact question!

Wgere can I download a pack of the beautiful scenarios I see played on youtube (thanks Pixelated Apollo!) ?

Ok, since I am unable to edit my last post, here the solution to our issue!

1- go to Steam\SteamApps\common\Medieval II Total War\mods
    2- rename teutonic folder teutonic1
    3- rename Third_Age_3 folder teutonic
    4- inside the newly renamed teutonic folder edit TATW.cfg

find
    mod = mods/Third_Age_3

replace with
    mod = mods/teutonic

5- within the same folder edit Third Age.bat

find
    start medieval2.exe @mods\Third_Age_3\TATW.cfg

replace with
    start medieval2.exe @mods\teutonic\TATW.cfg

6- finally start the game from steam (right click on the game name an then select "Medieval Total War: Teutonic")
    aaand.. enjoy both single and multiplayer!

--
    Last edited by BlackFire Forge; September 03, 2019 at 06:39 PM.