Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Windows 10 (moderator take notice please)

Civis

Default Re: Windows 10 (moderator take notice please)

My apologies, I should have been back sooner. Main post updated for all including older Operating Systems of 7 and 8.1
    If seeking instant gratification without thought to repercussions, take a shotgun to it!

Hello Hawk!
    Good job with the fix, it worked perfectly on my modded rtw. One thing only: I can't get my rtw to run full screen, it's always in window mode. Any ideas?

TX

Hello Hawk,
    Thanks for the detailed walkthrough! I'm still having problems though. I followed everything, until the part about adding -nm -ne to the shortcut, or exe file. I was able to add it to the shortcut, but couldn't figure out how to do it in the program folder itself. When I click to launch, it asks if I want to allow it to make changes and then it doesn't do anything. Same when launching from steam. I did the codec, and the large address aware things as well. Let me know what I'm missing.

I tried the fix on Rome Total War Anthology, but it didn't work. Not sure why.

Help!!! I did all this, but I still cannot play! It's killing me! This game is so much fun!

Thanks alot! It works now.

Thanks HawkDreams. Downloaded Rome Total War collection today, your fix worked fine for RTW and Alexander but did not know how to access Barbarian Invasion preferences to change the settings for that expansion, any ideas?

Sorted! followed step 4 and now Barbarian Invasion works, thanks again.

HawkDreams, may God bless you, doing step by step works fine.

Hi Hawk

I followed your instructions to the letter including downloading the supplied files. No joy; any other ideas?

Thanks

Hey there i did everything you said in that post but it still doesnt work for me

Thank you, worked on Win10 for me great! (Rome disc version)

I own a physical non-steam copy,
    I followed all steps except step 3. As the d3dx9_XX files do not exist in my folder?
    Am I missing something, or is this a steam-related process.
    Could you upload those files as well into the thread?

hey, i did all your steps but still nothing, i have the old disc version of rome total war and nothing will start up at all

Thankyou Hawk, my CD version would not work on windows 10 and neither would the clean install would work off of steam, thank you for giving people like me advice on how to fix these problems

Thank You For solve And Sharing

[QUOTE=HawkDreams;14572232]With the impending release of Windows 10, Rome has an issue with starting after being installed clean.

HawkDreams

Thanks.

I just joined, loaded RTW on win 10 exactly the way you described. Works great. This is my first time with the game, without your instructions or this forum I wouldnt have spent the time to mess with it.

Thank You.

i have tried everything you said and I eneded up with nothing it just seems to not want to work

I can I have some help with this because everything I have tried hasn't worked

hi all,

have just upgraded to windows 10, but thought that I would upload my v1 copy of rome, it does not launch, so I need to following in order to play and any other info, please help

~Advice
    Keys.dat
    Player.txt
    Preferences.txt

I have tried the link but it just sends me back to the same page I would love to play this game as its been a long time dead.

thanks

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast