Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 678910111213141516

Thread: [Gaming Staff HS] Newblood II

JCdestr0yer's Avatar Campidoctor
    A Village in the Kingdom in the North (Ireland)

Default Re: [Gaming Staff HS] Newblood II

people pleace send a pm to me i dont cheak the theads i will upload that save tommorow again

Seagullman's Avatar Semisalis

I will sub greensenpai later tonight

replace the word sub with hehehe

KingofPoland's Avatar Semisalis

Dwarves up https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6H...ew?usp=sharing
    I met this army near south Tharbad https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6H...ew?usp=sharing
    Also, Gineard retaken with overwhelming odds.

The great Dane is up!
    http://www.mediafire.com/download/ef...2_Elves_22.sav
    And Rohan seriously cut it out...

Isengard: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2G...ew?usp=sharing

Senpai, Ohhh stop it you <3 (no curse, just sweet love)

so any update on this

so didn't know it was that time again till senpai got a hold of me, i'll get on it

http://www.mediafire.com/download/ye...m/Rohan_23.sav
    rohan up
    Ekenbrand and Ginard where retaken with over whelming odds.

KingofPoland's Avatar Semisalis

so from the 29 to the 2nd I will be away at a wedding, so if my turn comes up then umm, the admin could sub maybe?

I forgot about my turn lol.Can we end this please?
    Seriously i dont care about winning or anything i surrender forpony is a long time friend to me and has been playing 3 factions alone,he deserves it more then us.
    I really dont like TA hotseating its basically just me and Seagullman getting screwed over by balance.
    I set up trap for the orcs with my units hidden in range of Amon sul and theres still no way i can win.
    This is the third time now despite 1:1 odds we cant do anything because the orcs just have numbers.
    And yes i know breeland militia and cavalry isnt strong but i can recruit 1 lumbermen unit every 5 turns so theres really nothing i can do.Same for the Elves...

Dont get me wrong i love this mod but it simply isnt made for hotseating.It takes forever to move armies and its unbalanced in favor of orc factions and Gondor.
    Also this particular HS has just been back and forth no side has made any decisive victory.We are on the same number of regions like when we started lol.

Quote Originally Posted by TheGreenSenpai View Post
    I forgot about my turn lol.Can we end this please?
    Seriously i dont care about winning or anything i surrender forpony is a long time friend to me and has been playing 3 factions alone,he deserves it more then us.
    I really dont like TA hotseating its basically just me and Seagullman getting screwed over by balance.
    I set up trap for the orcs with my units hidden in range of Amon sul and theres still no way i can win.
    This is the third time now despite 1:1 odds we cant do anything because the orcs just have numbers.
    And yes i know breeland militia and cavalry isnt strong but i can recruit 1 lumbermen unit every 5 turns so theres really nothing i can do.Same for the Elves...

Dont get me wrong i love this mod but it simply isnt made for hotseating.It takes forever to move armies and its unbalanced in favor of orc factions and Gondor.
    Also this particular HS has just been back and forth no side has made any decisive victory.We are on the same number of regions like when we started lol.
    Yeah, Soul did warn us noobies about thirdage HS but the experiance was unreal. I have 200+ hours just for third age. I love the mod but there is so much to be done for it to be worth it as a HS mod.

Some of the things Third age lacks compared to the experiance from westeros mods:

- No standing armies so you have to wait for recruiting - which is really slow, especially the elves is ridiculously slow recruitment compared to other factions.
    - The cities are very far apart which makes maneuvering your armies even more important (on turn 20 when you finaly got an army).
    - Also no forts so your cities are you only defence - where in many HS you have to have a garrison of 520+ men depending on race to prevent scouts open your only defendline. Sacrifice so many men is not an option when the above factors are in play. If that wasnt enought you can also build ballistas so there is no way you can hold your ground other than have the bigger army and pray to the AR gods.
    - As GreenSenpai stated the AR are unbalanced which makes factions with many archers in a bad position.
    - There is also a huge difference between factions generals and how many command points they have.

I believe all these problems (IMO) can be solved by modders who can make a better HS version of Third Age. And make more people enjoy it more.

JWANT's Avatar Senator

I'm working on a TATW hotseat patch to improve many of these issues

- It will increase the rate of recruitment by allowing all units (not just early units) to be recruited starting turn 1, provided the appropriate buildings have been built
    - Improve AR balance so that archers, cavalry and non-orc or dwarf units are effective
    - Faction generals won't change since it adds uniqueness to each faction and other changes can be made to compensate factions that lack quality generals

Check out the thread:
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...-0-21-RELEASED