Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: [Alternate History] 1598: Italian Tempest RPG

Lord Oda Nobunaga's Avatar 大信皇帝
    Patrician

Default Re: [Alternate History] 1598: Italian Tempest RPG

Look at post #48. Where as I have 19 cities you have 32, Ikaroqx has 34 and Pasan has 27.

"Famous general without peer in any age, most superior in valor and inspired by the Way of Heaven; since the provinces are now subject to your will it is certain that you will increasingly mount in victory." - Ōgimachi-tennō

The 1494 map is one of the least relevant in that having more of its cities in your territory doesn't improve that territory's wealth, and the strategic usefulness of a city with medieval walls is quite limited.

I may as well just say it now - all of the regions on the Province Map (my version with the factions coloured-in, not this one, which differs slightly) have equal worth. Financially they have the same value and each one of them is centered around a trace italienne fortress.

I appreciate the enthusiasm but please don't go off making your own deductions until you hear things from me
    Last edited by Inkie; June 20, 2015 at 02:32 PM.

Under the patronage of the formidable and lovely Narf.

Proud patron of Derpy Hooves, Audacia, Lordsith, Frodo45127 and Sir Adrian.

Patrician

Everyone should just memorize (or just refer to the 1494 map) the towns in their areas and what not for role playing purposes. That way they can say I invade X province and march towards Y town and fight the Battle of Y etc. Or I invade Tuscany but choose to make a fortified camp near Siena rather than march all the way to Florence etc. That was really all I intended so people would know the geography of each area. But I'm curious as to how the roleplay aspect works here. Would there be no effort in overcoming a random town or would you like roll a die and give me small losses because the civilians resisted?

I'm not really sure what each area is worth (well duh) but we were theorizing that areas like Genoa, Venice, Romagna might be some of the richest areas. Where as Corsica and Sardinia might be really poor.

"Famous general without peer in any age, most superior in valor and inspired by the Way of Heaven; since the provinces are now subject to your will it is certain that you will increasingly mount in victory." - Ōgimachi-tennō

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Oda Nobunaga View Post
    Everyone should just memorize (or just refer to the 1494 map) the towns in their areas and what not for role playing purposes. That way they can say I invade X province and march towards Y town and fight the Battle of Y etc. Or I invade Tuscany but choose to make a fortified camp near Siena rather than march all the way to Florence etc. That was really all I intended so people would know the geography of each area. But I'm curious as to how the roleplay aspect works here. Would there be no effort in overcoming a random town or would you like roll a die and give me small losses because the civilians resisted?
    Yep, that's what I intended the 1494 map to be for - helping players to vizualise which towns exist during their movements, and I appreciate your help with displaying the faction borders on those maps.

As for overcoming a town or any portion of the countryside for that matter, all of that depends on the circumstances

I'm not really sure what each area is worth (well duh) but we were theorizing that areas like Genoa, Venice, Romagna might be some of the richest areas. Where as Corsica and Sardinia might be really poor.
    It was an idea but in the end the factors of balance and simplicity won through in that area.
    Last edited by Inkie; June 20, 2015 at 03:24 PM.

Patrician

Yeah keeping track of that would be something that probably only a machine could keep track of (or a really complex system of filing cabinets and charts).

Ace_General's Avatar Praeses

'
    Lol Pasan right now

In other news, where in the devil is the vassal map, I cant find the damned thing
    Low speed, High Drag

Patrician

Post number 3 on the first page.

Påsan's Avatar Hva i helvete?
    Citizen

Ciciro, Pasan and Ikaroqx are like mega super powers. We should all just invade them.
    On one hand you want to trade in peaceful manner, on the other you encourage aggressive and violent actions against those that have done you no harm. Such blatant strategical statements are dangerous. Due to this I'm going to treat you as a major threat unless you assure me otherwise. Please PM me explaining your intentions because such challenges to our territory cannot go unnoticed or unquestioned. I await your response.

Same thing here. Why the was he talking about killing me when

I was nowhere near him ?

Diamat's Avatar VELUTI SI DEUS DARETUR

Quote Originally Posted by Påsan View Post
    On one hand you want to trade in peaceful manner, on the other you encourage aggressive and violent actions against those that have done you no harm. Such blatant strategical statements are dangerous. Due to this I'm going to treat you as a major threat unless you assure me otherwise. Please PM me explaining your intentions because such challenges to our territory cannot go unnoticed or unquestioned. I await your response.
    OOC: HAHAHA! Y'all should use "OOC" to announce an "out of character" post. I think Pasan took your comment quite literally, Oda. You've been outfoxed.

Patrician

Don't worry I'll call Zorro.

My Dearest Poosano, twas merely a hypothetical situation for the sake of philosophical discussion. Wherein the three strongest nations supposedly fight an all out war against everyone else.

Nay Spartan I was merely pointing out your inherent weakness and why you needed to fortify your realm and quite possibly starting amicable relations for mutual defense purposes.

Derpy Hooves's Avatar Bombs for Muffins
    My flagship, the Litany of Truth, spreading DESPAIR across the galaxy

Ciciro, Pasan and Ikaroqx are like mega super powers. We should all just invade them.
    ​On behalf of the Kingdoms of Syracuse and the Lower Italy, I have been charged with issuing the following message: King Matteo is alarmed that the northern realm of Milan is seeking open war with all of its neighbors.

The Borgia state that they would find some pleasure in the German Heritics being removed,it would bring us great sadness to see another fratricidal war in Italy

That being said, the Tuscan republic wants peace and will declare neutrality in any such conflict and will be willing to provide grain arms and mercenaries to anyone, for a reasonable fee of course
    Low speed, High Drag

✠Ikaroqx✠'s Avatar Campidoctor

Prince Robert sends messengers out that he is not neglecting his new duties. At this very moment he has gathered the finest minds in the county to make sense of the situation on the peninsula.

He offers the Republic of Umbria a non aggression pact.
    Signature loading...

Patrician

The Grand Duke of Milan would like to notify the Italian states that it is not seeking open confrontation or expansion with the rest of the Italians. This is merely a confusion based on minor diplomatic incident from a drunk bard, a drunk Milanese envoy and an intellectually handicapped Sicilian prostitute. The Grand Duke assures you that they will all be punished for this and he hopes that there will be no more confusion as to his benevolent and largely neutral stance.

Kirila the Kitten's Avatar Primicerius

Banter, banter, banter, banter.

The Grand Duke of Milan would like to notify the Italian states that it is not seeking open confrontation or expansion with the rest of the Italians. This is merely a confusion based on minor diplomatic incident from a drunk bard, a drunk Milanese envoy and an intellectually handicapped Sicilian prostitute. The Grand Duke assures you that they will all be punished for this and he hopes that there will be no more confusion as to his benevolent and largely neutral stance.
    The Borgia understand how things can go sideways with wine and whores,and hopes the Milanese envoy does not catch the Spanish and instead wishes to send some clean Sienese whores as a diplomatic offering
    Low speed, High Drag

Yeah gaiz just a reminder that if you don't want to make your family/vassal names just send them back to me blank, or otherwise inform me (in which case I'll do them). They all need to be done before the game can start

Otherwise, once again remember to add me as a recipient to your PM's with other players, or I will be very depress GM

Patrician

My mind randomly generated these names, do with them what you will:
    Ettore Doria
    Giuseppe Bastico
    Claudia Sforza
    Ambrosio Ramolino
    Juliano Rosi
    Ercole Landi
    Giosue Pisati
    Marco Borrielo

✠Ikaroqx✠'s Avatar Campidoctor

Nothing happened

OOC: Updated my faction page with a coat of arms, portrait and an acceptable background history.
    Last edited by ✠Ikaroqx✠; June 22, 2015 at 10:46 AM.
    Signature loading...