Page 33 of 47 FirstFirst ... 8232425262728293031323334353637383940414243 ... LastLast

Thread: UNITS ROSTERS discussion

Roma_Victrix's Avatar Call me Ishmael

Default Re: NEW FACTIONS UNITS ROSTERS

OMG. Which mod is this? These units aren't in SSHIP, of course. I'm assuming the mounted knights in late plate armor and with fancy plumes are Famiglia Ducale? Due to the banner belonging to Milan. The other units look great as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Roma_Victrix View Post
    OMG. Which mod is this? These units aren't in SSHIP, of course. I'm assuming the mounted knights in late plate armor and with fancy plumes are Famiglia Ducale? Due to the banner belonging to Milan. The other units look great as well.
    Yea, generally, its maximilian armor. That units are made by russian modder Jukoman, mostly with mount and blade materials. Jurcek (Tsardoms), Dolen (Broken crescent submod) and some more have simmilar aproach. Units are like in attila total war. Best looking ever units, believe me. I sent that units to Luna, if you want i can show u pleanty more of them.

Some examples of late era unit cards, by modder Lezvie:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

the mounted knights in late plate armor are made by komatozz,one of the co member of the with fire and sword mod2,if am not mistaken and made better by lezvie and blade with the plumes on the helmet .

Roma_Victrix's Avatar Call me Ishmael

Quote Originally Posted by achilles-91 View Post
    Yea, generally, its maximilian armor. That units are made by russian modder Jukoman, mostly with mount and blade materials. Jurcek (Tsardoms), Dolen (Broken crescent submod) and some more have simmilar aproach. Units are like in attila total war. Best looking ever units, believe me. I sent that units to Luna, if you want i can show u pleanty more of them.

Some examples of late era unit cards, by modder Lezvie:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    WOW! That's phenomenal. I've never played Tsardoms or Broken Crescent, so I had no idea about any of this. Are these units by Lezvie in either of these mods? I'd love to know. Also, HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!!

the late era unit cards are from lezvie,he making a russian italian wars mod and even offer his units too the italian wars mod here,but the mod is still in the constuction fase,but is looking very good.
    the most other units are made by jukoman(great russian modder) and with manny help from blade and russian modders,jukoman is making a mod on his own called fleurs de lils (mod is ending in 1650)and when it come out it will be a magic box

another great unit maker is dolen he is the broken crecent sub mod and got magical units too.
    Last edited by stevietheconquer; January 01, 2018 at 10:10 AM.

Yea, commrade stevie is right
    Roma_vitrix if you want to check links of those mods i can create approriate thread on appropriate place. As this one is offthread.

Khevsur's Avatar Senator

j.a.luna

good works

please create it georgian army

Quote Originally Posted by Khevsur View Post
    j.a.luna

good works

please create it georgian army
    Haha i wish i could make them my georgian friend, but I do not have enough knowledge in modding... i think that @jurcek want to make a new georgian roster, maybe Lifth also but when they have time...
    THE MORE YOU SWEAT NOW,
    THE LESS YOU BLEED IN BATTLE!!!

Sign the petition to remove hardcoded limits for M2TW

Something to refresh you guys. Not made by me. Levzie, and Jukoman, not sure who else is included in making it.

i think komatozz too,nice unit,never saw it before must be a late era unit ,those helmets looking very good,i don't want to face them in battle lol.

I am creating tabel like this. I hope it will be usefull. Any suggestions are welcome

I like it. I would change "sergent" to "sergeant" however. Would you do these tables for every faction? Early and Late options?

Yes, I plan to do it for every faction.
    in 14th century dismounted men at arms and dismounted knights confusing me... They both fight with sword+shield..Knights have just little better stats... What if one unit would fight with polearm? Can someone tell me wthich one would be more logical to fight with polearm, and which with sword+shield? I go with two ways of thinking... First one, it would be better that knights use shields, so that they have additional armor.. But then again they would be able to purchase better armor, so they would trade shield for extra killing power with polearm. Any opinions guys?

EDIT: Maybe I should move this to some else thread, I dont want to annoy Lifth and MWY

Lifthrasir's Avatar "Capre" Dunkerquois
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee

Blog Entries

No, that's fine here
    No worries.
    Under the patronage of Flinn, proud patron of Jadli, from the Heresy Vault of the Imperial House of Hader

Yes, I plan to do it for every faction.
    in 14th century dismounted men at arms and dismounted knights confusing me... They both fight with sword+shield..Knights have just little better stats... What if one unit would fight with polearm? Can someone tell me wthich one would be more logical to fight with polearm, and which with sword+shield? I go with two ways of thinking... First one, it would be better that knights use shields, so that they have additional armor.. But then again they would be able to purchase better armor, so they would trade shield for extra killing power with polearm. Any opinions guys?

EDIT: Maybe I should move this to some else thread, I dont want to annoy Lifth and MWY
    knights can afford top quality armor and can discard the shield, men at arms are poorer so they cant do that and must rely on a shield to achieve the same level of protection

Thanks for tip Dekhatres! Look in minimod section, and tell me your opinion of current roster that I plan

I wonder how historical were units Verlorene haufe and Zwei hander for 14th century? I think Verlorene haufe should be available before 16th century. And Zwei hander could be available at 15th century, with maybe adjusting they're unit name? Does anyone have some info regarding those 2 units?

HRE have way too much 2 handed sword units in my opinion

They should perhaps both be removed in favor of opening up slots for other, earlier historically formed troops.

The earliest evidence of zweihander/greatsword foot soldiery on the battlefield came in Switzerland in the early 15th century.

Thanks for tip Dekhatres! Look in minimod section, and tell me your opinion of current roster that I plan
    seems about right, althrough i dont remember the current roster being that far off, or maybe it is, cant remember last time i played france

dunno about polearm infantry, i've read recently a bit on battle of bouvines (1214 AD iirc) and it turns out the coalition army going against france had a quite a sizeable amount of polearm infantry and flemish pikemen, the french had mounted sergeants, crossbowmen (it doesnt say if they were pro or militia) and nothing that i can remember about infantry, it only said they were rather mediocre quality, the french knights however were crazy-super-extremly-omega powerfull, they wrecked the left flank and wiped the floor with flemish knights, then they wrecked the center after the french infantry got wiped, and THEN they also wrecked the right flank too routing all the english and their mercenaries and stuff

emperor Otto IV took such a beating from them he fled and didnt stop riding until he reached Valenciennes

tmodelsk's Avatar Tiro
    SSHIP mini-mods :