Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Dwarves on the Very Hard level FINAL VICTORY !

Default Re: Dwarves on the Very Hard level FINAL VICTORY !

Is there a way to see (and print) the dificulty level you are playing with? And/or the time spent playing the campaign?

Thanks in advance if somebody knows.

Ngugi's Avatar TATW & Albion Local Mod

On the former, no, AFAIK, wanted to check myself once or twice but never found a way, not seen anyone else present a solution.

Kingdom of Lindon preview video out

DCI: Last Alliance
    - WIP Second Age mod | DCI: Tôl Acharn - mighty Dúnedain Counter Invasions |
    Additional Mercenary Minimod - more mercs; for TATW and DCI | Family Tree minimods - lore improvements | Remade Event Pictures - enhance cultures trough images |
    Favorite TATW compilation: Withwnars Submod Collection
    Patron of Mank, Kiliç Alì, FireFreak111, MIKEGOLF & Arachir Galudirithon, Earl of Memory

Quote Originally Posted by Flinn View Post
    I guess the idea of "impossible" win with Dwarves is largely bound to the almost exclusive infantry based roster; it needs time to learn how to exploit their strong points and how to avoid their weak ones. More than often players dislike the slow pace of such a campaign and soon get bored. Actually, I found pretty easy to crash the Dorfs as Rhun, but much harder to do as Orcs, so IMO a player should focus on them before and once they have been eradicated and a Dwarven mountain empire has been created, it will be easier to feast on Rhun's corpse.
    As usual, it's a matter of passion for a specific faction that makes you like or dislike it
    All true comments, except for Rhun being a corpse. I should upload a savegame of what I'm talking about. I suppose some games Rhun gets bigger than others; if Dale starts to fold early then Rhun will be huge by turn 80. Some games they may be tepid even past 150 turns. When I say "Rhun last" I mean you turtle at Erebor and Azanulbizar, not take Rhomen from them and diminish their recruiting centers by 20% early in the game.

Even with infinite money, in such a game you are limited by travel time as you allude to. The full might of Erebor, Azanulbizar, and perhaps Dains Halls can be brought against Rhun. For armies coming from the Misty Mountains and Gundabad, the travel time is over 10 turns, so you end up paying almost double upkeep due to ALSO having to pay for your NEXT army as it begins to travel. If you want to maintain 3-4 full stacks to challenge Rhun's 10-15 stacks, then you are actually paying for more like 7-8 stacks because reinforcements are crossing the Mirkwood or else you will wait over 10 turns for losses to be replenished, and infantry armies no matter how heavily armored will always suffer attrition.

So anyway, at some point if Rhun rolls Dale, their production rate will exceed the amount of bodies you can defeat in the field, even with 8-to-1 kill ratios (generous for infantry vs javelins if they have a decent commander) and even with Erebor and Azanulbizar recruiting on every cooldown. You can defend Erebor and Azanulbizar indefinitely in siege warfare, but the game basically becomes a stalemate. If you try to cross open ground and perform an offense siege, their armies surround you reducing movement to 1/turn and eventually fighting you with many reinforcements.

Anyway, I have won about 4 Dwarf campaigns on VH/VH. They are one of my preferred factions (beautiful armor), but I am forever scarred by my monster Rhun game.

Thanks, Ngugi.

Quote Originally Posted by DrDragun View Post
    All true comments, except for Rhun being a corpse. I should upload a savegame of what I'm talking about. I suppose some games Rhun gets bigger than others; if Dale starts to fold early then Rhun will be huge by turn 80. Some games they may be tepid even past 150 turns. When I say "Rhun last" I mean you turtle at Erebor and Azanulbizar, not take Rhomen from them and diminish their recruiting centers by 20% early in the game.
    That's exactly what I am doing now and what I did the other time. It's true it's possibly not the best oprion, what you say makes sense. Instead, I went first for the Orcs, wiping them from the Gundabad area and the Misty Mountains, to turn on Rhun when I can concentrate my force in just one side. But this tactic has it's cons, like you need to support a little Dale, to make Rhun expansion shyer, and even though you face hugely populated cities (meaning 2000 gold each turn each of them) and elite units...

Even with infinite money, in such a game you are limited by travel time as you allude to. The full might of Erebor, Azanulbizar, and perhaps Dains Halls can be brought against Rhun. For armies coming from the Misty Mountains and Gundabad, the travel time is over 10 turns, so you end up paying almost double upkeep due to ALSO having to pay for your NEXT army as it begins to travel. If you want to maintain 3-4 full stacks to challenge Rhun's 10-15 stacks, then you are actually paying for more like 7-8 stacks because reinforcements are crossing the Mirkwood or else you will wait over 10 turns for losses to be replenished, and infantry armies no matter how heavily armored will always suffer attrition.

So anyway, at some point if Rhun rolls Dale, their production rate will exceed the amount of bodies you can defeat in the field, even with 8-to-1 kill ratios (generous for infantry vs javelins if they have a decent commander) and even with Erebor and Azanulbizar recruiting on every cooldown. You can defend Erebor and Azanulbizar indefinitely in siege warfare, but the game basically becomes a stalemate. If you try to cross open ground and perform an offense siege, their armies surround you reducing movement to 1/turn and eventually fighting you with many reinforcements.

Anyway, I have won about 4 Dwarf campaigns on VH/VH. They are one of my preferred factions (beautiful armor), but I am forever scarred by my monster Rhun game.
    Having played and won with Rhun too, I can clearly see it's overpowered, it was easy to win with them, lots of money, flanks covered, many rich independent cities, elite infantry and cavalry at the end and elite cavalry for leaders from minute one.

I just wanna leave a word of thankfull for the ones that have been giving me + and also with suporting messages about my rare achievment with TATW according with my gaming philosophy.
    Click to check :
    My Youtube channel
    Steam profile :
    http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198006562367/

Resume of my world tournament participations of TW since 2011.
    6 conquests, 9 finals disputed and 13 semi disputed.
    Player with most campaign conquests on TW on legendary.

Just to make my point, I ended on Friday evening the dwarf campaign VH VH:

[, I didn't take the time to make all the process to public here, for I started a Dale Long Campaign VH VH which is now at:

and, since my point is set, I won't post more images o intervene unless required or alluded.
    Last edited by Joseignacio; July 07, 2015 at 01:32 AM.

Nicely played

Again let me remind that its not at the hands of all , to play , without reloading, without pausing during the battles,without pulling through and without getting the major victory.
    Click to check :
    My Youtube channel
    Steam profile :

Quote Originally Posted by foot soldier View Post
    Again let me remind that its not at the hands of all , to play , without reloading, without pausing during the battles,without pulling through and without getting the major victory.

What do you even mean by the last two things? It sounds like you are letting defeated foes of the hook. As for no pausing, you act like that is a requirement. Sounds like a personal quirk to me. To me this game is for fun.
    Last edited by regnak999; July 08, 2015 at 05:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by regnak999 View Post
    What do you even mean by the last two things? It sounds like you are letting defeated foes of the hook. As for no pausing, you act like that is a requirement. Sounds like a personal quirk to me. To me this game is for fun.
    It is a requirement for people that like dificulties on TW and also on real life,chalenges,knowledge,growing,learning trying to be better than the last time.
    You dont .

I think some people have some type of child trauma and cannot say congratulations even if its to a meere simple computer game ...
    Last edited by foot soldier; July 08, 2015 at 11:48 AM.
    Click to check :
    My Youtube channel
    Steam profile :

It is a requirement for people that like dificulties on TW and also on real life,chalenges,knowledge,growing,learning trying to be better than the last time.
    You dont .

I think some people have some type of child trauma and cannot say congratulations even if its to a meere simple computer game ...
    Ok since you went there. I don't know why you feel the need to brag about your "accomplishments" to total strangers on the internet. You play in a way that takes you a long time, won't answer a simple question about the last two things and then complain because people don't fawn all over you.

*content removed*
    Last edited by Ngugi; July 09, 2015 at 04:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by regnak999 View Post
    Ok since you went there. I don't know why you feel the need to brag about your "accomplishments" to total strangers on the internet. You play in a way that takes you a long time, won't answer a simple question about the last two things and then complain because people don't fawn all over you.
    And another typical case ... no i did not start this type of conversation , you did .
    To the long time to complete my campaign, read what i wrote previously,but you did not , as your a typical type of person that interrupts a conversation without knowing the context,what was talked previously but still you offend and interrupt.
    *continuation*

Stay in topic, if you are not here to debate the topic without writing cynical offences, go away.
    Last edited by Ngugi; July 09, 2015 at 07:15 AM.
    Click to check :
    My Youtube channel
    Steam profile :

Here we go again; I will not overlook personal assaults, so shape it up.

foot soldier, it by now seems that your main intent is that you deserve admiration based on your accomplishments; fair so, you managed a most challenging faction's campaign with some sets of restrictions I wouldn't even bother to attempt. Kudos, honestly, I would not have fun with such subjective restrictions myself, but understand the challenge it present and therefor the pride and joy found in success with it.
    Obvious the accomplishment is in accordance with criteria for campaign play that you yourself set, that is equally fair - but your criteria do not apply to anyone else however you judge those who do not heed such criteria, and also come off as contradictory since you clearly was not willing to accept that TATW's own instructions to play on VH/VH may or should be considered mandatory. That is not a provocation, but a matter of fact.

To discuss that to play, or that have played, in a certain manner is appealing or perfectly fine, that is not in accordance to your perception on how it should be played, is not an attack on your accomplishment. Nor had anyone tried to question your accomplishment until you yourself reacted in anger to people for discussing their experiences and not, as it seems by the reaction, being merely interested in said accomplishment, or accept the criteria at which it has been acchived as mandatory for some kind of 'true good gaming'.

It's part of players exchange of experiences and perception to debate, and a public thread started on the main page, even when to promote such a thing done by oneself, is meant to be a forum for interaction and discussion on the topic of campaign victories > campaign conditions.
    If that is not desired, then this thread serves no public purpose but may be closed and stand simply as a reference to your Let's Play-videos, I leave that decision free to you; but if you desire it open, respect others presenting their views and understanding of the game in the same manner you expect to be respected, without accusation in any direction; and you'll find peole will be much more inclined to commend your efforts and victory irrelevant of their own standpoints.
    Last edited by Ngugi; July 09, 2015 at 07:13 AM. Reason: Layout

Additional Mercenary Minimod - more mercs; for TATW and DCI | Family Tree minimods - lore improvements | Remade Event Pictures - enhance cultures trough images |
    Patron of Mank, Kiliç Alì, FireFreak111, MIKEGOLF & Arachir Galudirithon, Earl of Memory

Ngugi,as always from personas that are part of the administration of this forum, not from your person that i was aware, you point the finger at the person that try to defend himself from personal cynical off-topic attacks .
    Im not Jesus Christ where you slap me once and i´ll give you the other face to get another slap.
    If you offend me i offend you .But again , i have not offened anyone here in the same way i was primary offended,i did not took in any cases the iniciative to underestimate anyone here ,on the contrary of others.
    I have congratulated other writers of this topic while those that were complemented by me continue to joke and underestimate my achievment.

Again, again, not once i said im the only one and that my way to play is the correct one .
    It is the most honorable,prestigious,with more intelegency ,skill,that is correct by any doubts.
    But since we live in a era, where people live their lifes ,and are suported , by talking in a way to denigrate and to devaluate other people sucess even its about a simple game like this ,you just wrote what you wrote.You would not say that im promoting myself if i was Lionheart or any other big youtuber.On the contrary of the famous youtubers i do not need or wish to live from my youtube channel,im very well ,more well than you or any other imagine. So do not bother with that conversation of my intention of promoting myself. TWC is the one that needs good publicity not me .

Also i dont need to promote me as a TW player .
    Im well known for my good hability on any TW serie,on campaigns or tournaments.
    And myself,like any other youtuber, promote more the mods and TWC than themselfs.
    You may close this topic.This forum is getting more and more a non welcome place for a person that wish to share their achievements on the game that this forum promotes by allowing people to keep launching off-topic jokes and offences.
    And the example is clearly at the eyes of anyone on this topic, not a single person congratulated me for my achievment.
    Close this please not for me ,but for all the people that have felt offended by this subject i have brought into this mod ... have a good day.
    Last edited by foot soldier; July 09, 2015 at 08:11 AM.
    Click to check :
    My Youtube channel
    Steam profile :

Hahaha, I would respected your perspective on gaming and view of your abilities, footy, if not it for the now in the open expressed craving for admiration, elitistic pride and contempt for others to establish a position a a "true gamer".

Joseignacio shared his impression and discussed his personal experiences, and got aggressivly treated for it, as if anything he had said degraded or even tried to degrade what you had accomplished. Apperently his, and thus the rest of ours, fault was not to share your personal ideas.
    In the continued debate you have advocated that unless your personal criteria for how to play is met by other players, then other players campaigns are not meaingful because they are not "good enough". And when that perception been questioned, you do not hesitate to offend not only people as players, but as persons.

I fail to understand why you started the hostilities to begin with, nor do I sympatize to any degree with your view of yourself as a victim of offence, when you in reality degrade others achievements and offend players who are not interested in playing in a manner that correspond with your perceived standards.

Your are no martyr, so do not try to prented to be one. DrDragon congratulated you, I later did, but this thread derailed far to soon because of displayed attitued to attract admiration.
    That you have been responded to however is a sign that this forum is a healty community of true gamers who like to play for the joy of it and is not attracted to self-aggrandizement.

I've played a lot of TW games. I think TATW is about the hardest and I have respect for anyone who takes a disadvantaged faction to victory so respect bro! As Aragorn would no doubt say, when he's had a beer and a line of coke.

Actually maybe when about to respond to other posters, regarding some of the posts in this thread, we should think What Would Aragorn Do? I am sure he would be courteous and good mannered at all times. I don't think that makes him weak, does it? It is in the nature of the web to act as an echo chamber for posts that can come across as aggressive and insulting. I've been guilty of such thoughtlessness myself. I think it is better to share our mutual joy in a fun and magnificent mod, for a great game, than curse the darkness.... of course if you are evil, then darkness is a good thing. It's all relative.

Matamelcan's Avatar Foederatus

Yeeshhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, this exploded.
    By the way, starting a new campaign with Gundabad, wish me luck! VH/VH!

Quote Originally Posted by Ngugi View Post
    Hahaha, I would respected your perspective on gaming and view of your abilities, footy, if not it for the now in the open expressed craving for admiration, elitistic pride and contempt for others to establish a position a a "true gamer".

Joseignacio shared his impression and discussed his personal experiences, and got aggressivly treated for it, as if anything he had said degraded or even tried to degrade what you had accomplished. Apperently his, and thus the rest of ours, fault was not to share your personal ideas.
    In the continued debate you have advocated that unless your personal criteria for how to play is met by other players, then other players campaigns are not meaingful because they are not "good enough". And when that perception been questioned, you do not hesitate to offend not only people as players, but as persons.

I fail to understand why you started the hostilities to begin with, nor do I sympatize to any degree with your view of yourself as a victim of offence, when you in reality degrade others achievements and offend players who are not interested in playing in a manner that correspond with your perceived standards.

Your are no martyr, so do not try to prented to be one. DrDragon congratulated you, I later did, but this thread derailed far to soon because of displayed attitued to attract admiration.
    That you have been responded to however is a sign that this forum is a healty community of true gamers who like to play for the joy of it and is not attracted to self-aggrandizement.
    It's nice to find such a fair moderator. I'd say your tact is exceptional too , even when challenged here with some comments.

Quote Originally Posted by julianj99 View Post
    Actually maybe when about to respond to other posters, regarding some of the posts in this thread, we should think What Would Aragorn Do? I am sure he would be courteous and good mannered at all times. I don't think that makes him weak, does it? It is in the nature of the web to act as an echo chamber for posts that can come across as aggressive and insulting. I've been guilty of such thoughtlessness myself. I think it is better to share our mutual joy in a fun and magnificent mod, for a great game, than curse the darkness.... of course if you are evil, then darkness is a good thing. It's all relative.

Quote Originally Posted by Matamelcan View Post
    Yeeshhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, this exploded.
    By the way, starting a new campaign with Gundabad, wish me luck! VH/VH!
    Good Luck!
    Last edited by Joseignacio; July 13, 2015 at 05:41 AM.

even if its to a meere simple computer game ...
    And there you have it. You are offending others over a simple (and in my personal opinion way too easy on even the hardest difficulty, which is recommended for all to use as the game was balanced around it) computer game. What "achievement" exactly are you bragging about? I can guarantee you you are not the first human (or even the first handful) to do something so simple as beat the game on VH/VH with the Dwarves (a very popular faction to play as). All you have to do is attack settlements and avoid open battles (the game is a siege fest anyway so no trouble there) and it is an autowin with those AP having, axe wielding bastards.

Edit; Also you are lucky the mods even allowed this play through to stay in the main forum to get so much attention, so you may want to chill with the silly and senseless hostility before they change their minds and move it where it should be.
    Last edited by alreadyded; July 13, 2015 at 02:42 AM.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast