Thread: Final Fantasy VII Remake

Default Final Fantasy VII Remake

it will be released first on PS4.

this is the real deal, not just a PC port of the original, but an actual remake, which is puzzling to me because a remake of this game would change it so unbelievably much that it cannot possibly be faithful to the original, it's an entirely different experience. you're going to have voices, you're going to have actual faces with emotions instead of the good ol' polygons of the PS1 years. there are so many questions and so little answers, i mean is this remake going to keep in all the good things we loved about the original like all the mini-games and the golden saucer? how are these extra things going to translate to the new generation? animations are going to be actual animations rather than the simple jitters and character rotations we are accustomed to from the playstation era.

the squaresoft that made FF7 is a different beast than the square enix we have now, i was particularly disappointed with FF13 (good tech demo though), i'm not holding my breath in hopes that this will be an amazing remake but i really hope they will at least show some respect to their playstation-era fans instead of inevitably catering to the current generation of gamers which do apparently like 3 different Lightning games.

irontaino's Avatar Protector Domesticus
    Citizen

Default Re: Final Fantasy VII Remake

Hopefully, they'll have gotten rid of the turn based combat.
    Fact:Apples taste good, and you can throw them at people if you're being attacked
    Under the patronage of big daddy Elfdude

A.B.A.P.

Default Re: Final Fantasy VII Remake

And what the hell is the Final Fanthasy with that mafia family fighting, isn't that one supposed to be the new one?