The results are hidden 0%
  • AdmiralThrawn

The results are hidden 0%

Thread: [Hotseat Awards] Most Helpful User

Riverknight's Avatar Last of the Romans

Default [Hotseat Awards] Most Helpful User

Westeros Hotseat Awards

Who is the most helpful user?

Use this thread to voice support for a candidate, or state reasons why you should win.

Default Re: [Hotseat Awards] Most Helpful User

I fully support myself for this award.

I have been perhaps one of the most active members of this community for the past four years, I have always been helpful to anyone that asked and have personally helped new players throughout my tenure here.

I started contributing to the community in an official role through my work in the Scriptorium; I specifically targeted Hotseating guides and AAR's to preserve in the scriptorim so that others could see how much of a great job all of you have done; I've expanded WTWHSing throughout TWC and have brought in people to hotseat that are established on TWC and have made a name for Hotseating everyone on this site.

Once I became Gaming Staff I not only just admined hotseats, I brought more than just clearing saves.
    Here are just a few of my achievements.

I helped with the move to .org and helped us move backwards as well, although I will say Ice played the biggest part in that operation.

I established the Archive, perhaps one of the most ambitious attempts Gaming Staff as a whole has ever done so far and it has been very successful. Now both new and old players can see hotseats that date back to five years ago, I created it in the hope that newer players could learn from the past and apply it to their games.

I have been one of the most active moderators in Gaming Staff, I constantly patrol every hotseating forum to make sure things are smooth, but you are all good at being nice, so I only rarely have to make an edit or give punishment.

I also created Gravitas, which would allow the best Hotseating Guides to be in one single post that would allow people the ability to easily and seamlessly find great guides that can help the hotseat.

As a Civitate I have always tried to vote in hotseatings favor in the CVRIA and I have been the most active member of Gaming Staff in search of a Hex for the Westeros Hotseating Community, I've been this community's voice on other parts of TWC.

There are many more things I have done to help this community and it's great users, but perhaps my favorite is creating this Award Competition.

I will not go into too much detail, but this award ceremony has been in the back of my mind for a very long time, at first it was shot down by some as I brought it up, I asked again and it was also shot down. But after looking through some old PMs and getting our ancient leader Dux's approval I was able to find a way to ensure this Award Ceremony was created and have been the largest promoter of this competition by far. With this award competition I have been able to get Guy back and he has been able to get Badger, Noob and a few others interested in hotseating again.
    When was the last time this community got this excited around somethings? Throughout the week we've had some of the highest amount of activity in years!

I deserve this award, my contributions may have been mostly behind closed doors bar these listed above, but I have been the most helpful member in the past year and a half.

Good Luck to everyone.

~ Riverknight

Quote Originally Posted by Riverknight View Post
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    I think this is fairly accurate for what I think of your situation:

( Don't get me wrong, you are without a doubt a worthy top contender )

It might also be my groan over not being nominated for what I did when westerosi hotseating nearly died here alone I will say however, that most of us veterans have years upon the newer ones of toiling so why is not Dux up here? Why is not EoH? Badger?

Its because most of what they have done, including what I have done - is not current.

This vote should be for the last year or so and that alone, the recent most significant influence. From what I have heard and seen, that means Frosty. The mere number of recommendations from new and old faces alike should warrant him earning this award. If you add guides, drawing new players, duties... It becomes a cluster with half a dozen of us seriously warranting some bling.

Vote Frosty!
    Don't be a prick, don't be a whiny little child - Stop White Genocide and Praise Jesus.

Very nice, Getting a good picture everybody? So we look nice and handsome and thin? Thank you. -The God Emperor, creating world peace and unforgettable memes
    https://twitter.com/RitaPanahi/statu...48737210662912 <-- Unforgettable face.

Quote Originally Posted by Mithridate View Post
    I think this is fairly accurate for what I think of your situation:

( Don't get me wrong, you are without a doubt a worthy top contender )

It might also be my groan over not being nominated for what I did when westerosi hotseating nearly died here alone I will say however, that most of us veterans have years upon the newer ones of toiling so why is not Dux up here? Why is not EoH? Badger?

Its because most of what they have done, including what I have done - is not current.

This vote should be for the last year or so and that alone, the recent most significant influence. From what I have heard and seen, that means Frosty. The mere number of recommendations from new and old faces alike should warrant him earning this award. If you add guides, drawing new players, duties... It becomes a cluster with half a dozen of us seriously warranting some bling.

Vote Frosty!
    I've done everything listed within the last year and a half friendo.

FrostySOTF's Avatar Ice in My Veins
    Content Emeritus

Blog Entries

I am truly honored to even be considered for winning this award, I believe that there are many people worthy of it and I am proud to be thought of as one of them, I love this community and the people in it, I am happy to be a part of the site and just try and give back in whatever ways that I can, however small they may be, once again I thank you all that have nominated/voted for me and I also thank you all who have done the same for others, thank you for being a part of what makes this site so enjoyable, I hope you have a great day and best of luck to all other contenders in your respective awards!

-Frosty

Yet the essence of your post is not the listing and it is that I addressed disagreement with, I just don't see you meriting it more than several others listed let alone several others that are not even listed. How would we value Souls massive boost of players here and all his responsibilities like yours, or all the times I've guided you GS regarding rules and buggs?

Which is why I endorse Frosty, whom everyone praises despite not being able to pull a laundry list so to speak.
    SoulGamesInc: Vote Frosty! A vote for Frosty gets Winter off it's lazy arse!
    Nuff said
    Don't be a prick, don't be a whiny little child - Stop White Genocide and Praise Jesus.

Very nice, Getting a good picture everybody? So we look nice and handsome and thin? Thank you. -The God Emperor, creating world peace and unforgettable memes
    https://twitter.com/RitaPanahi/statu...48737210662912 <-- Unforgettable face.

How would we value Souls massive boost of players here and all his responsibilities like yours, or all the times I've guided you GS regarding rules and buggs?
    That is why it's a vote, each person values others awards differently, I simply listed my contributions so people know.

I'm afraid you'll not get my vote here Rivers as to put it bluntly, but hopefully not too bluntly, your list is mostly nothing that I and a number of others haven't done ourselves. Short of your contributions in CVRIA that certainly shouldn't be ignored, I personally have also filled the points on your list not to mention my HS VidGuide, Newbloods, Recruitment and other things that have lead to the recent (and continuing if I have anything to say about it) activity that you claim to be responsible for because you asked Dux to start this years HS awards. Starting the award threads is helpful but activity rising of late is far from solely your accomplishment mate.

My vote goes to Frosty. Mith stated my reasons rather perfectly, everyone praises him despite not being able to pull a laundry list. Rivers is worthy of it without a doubt but I have to go with Frosty.

Korpskog's Avatar Praepositus

In my experience all nominates are worthy condidates, I know Frosty the least but from what I can tell you have contributed to the community in my own absence!

We all go way back but my vote have to be for Soul since he have proved himself very active (and) helpful for a long time, Not to mention being responsible for new recruitment on the tube!
    "Får jag kalla dig Bajen? Det är lättare att komma ihåg..."

blue1924's Avatar Campidoctor

I have to agree with Mith and Soul here. There are a lot of people that do so much for this community, I feel most helpful should not go to the person whom is most helpful to the community, but most helpful to the individual players, and for me that would have to be Frosty.

Matto16's Avatar Steward of Middle Earth

I am voting for SoulGamesInc. Because of his efforts this community managed to survive through tough times and he is still bringing most young players to our community.
    Last edited by Matto16; June 16, 2015 at 11:33 AM.
    TATW HS Community Award

I simply stated how excited this community was and the level of activity that skyrocketed due to the awards. I think we had almost 24 members active members last Monday or Tuesday. While some of the things I posted could have been done by others in Gaming Staff, the archive was basically me and Ice, then me and Ape, now again only me. And Gravitas, no matter how easy it was for me to do (it was basically script work) was a one man operation bar the people that made the great guides.

Badger-dude's Avatar Primicerius

Soul - For all his advice/guides/recruitment/admin posts

Macrath's Avatar Domesticus

VipMan
    Last edited by Macrath; June 18, 2015 at 02:19 PM.

I can only speak as a lowly youngblood,

but to put it plainly, I would not be here voting if not for Soul, so I think my vote is self-explanatory.

But from what I know of the other nominees, no one is undeserving of this award.

Good luck all!

themzr's Avatar Primicerius
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Quote Originally Posted by SoulGamesInc View Post
    I'm afraid you'll not get my vote here Rivers as to put it bluntly, but hopefully not too bluntly, your list is mostly nothing that I and a number of others haven't done ourselves. Short of your contributions in CVRIA that certainly shouldn't be ignored, I personally have also filled the points on your list not to mention my HS VidGuide, Newbloods, Recruitment and other things that have lead to the recent (and continuing if I have anything to say about it) activity that you claim to be responsible for because you asked Dux to start this years HS awards. Starting the award threads is helpful but activity rising of late is far from solely your accomplishment mate.

My vote goes to Frosty. Mith stated my reasons rather perfectly, everyone praises him despite not being able to pull a laundry list. Rivers is worthy of it without a doubt but I have to go with Frosty.
    What I don't understand is that soul claims that past contributions are not worth as much as current ones. And yet he advocates voting for mith although mithridate has done little of note. He has joined hotseats and won none and only recently came back. Could someone please explain the discrepancy?

A Man's Avatar Senator

A man gives his vote-coin to FrostySOTF. It shall not buy you a horse noble one, but it shall mean that you can count on a man whenever you need him, for helping him and reserving him a seat in his first HS!
    Respect to all other nominees as well, to be nominated by people of this community certanly means the boys did something good!

Quote Originally Posted by themzr View Post
    What I don't understand is that soul claims that past contributions are not worth as much as current ones. And yet he advocates voting for mith although mithridate has done little of note.
    Lets discuss Most Feared in the Most Feared category, huh Themy? - http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...1#post14568115