Thread: A Couple Questions Concerns

pelon18's Avatar Foederatus

Default A Couple Questions Concerns

I am loving this mod! I had a couple questions and observations. My first one is about artillery. I am wondering why does the ai spam only artillery? In my USSR campaign, AH sent a full stack that contained 13 units were field guns and the rest cav. This has happened about 4 other times as well. My second question is fighting battles with an AI ally. AH invaded Romania who was under my protection. I had a few units as well as a full romanian garrison. My guys all got destroyed, but Romania didn't make a single move. As soon as my units were gone, AH didn't make any attacks on Romania. Battle time ran out, and we lost with only my 5 units dying; AH gained control of romania. Is there something wrong with Ally AI in battle? When I was investigating the artillery issue, I poked around my save file and noticed that Ottomans, Germany, and AH have a whopping income of $750,000, while England, France, and other allies have around 3,000 to 5,000. Is this a bug? Other than that I am having a lot of fun and hope to render one of my replays to video because it was so epic.
    Last edited by pelon18; June 14, 2015 at 10:41 PM.

NauDaModder's Avatar Civis

Default Re: A Couple Questions Concerns

No, I think Germany and Austria-Hungary are supposed to be very powerful in the beginning. Capture major cities like Munich or Prague, and it's game over for them

Germany and AH start with 10,000, so going from 10,000 to almost a million in 5 turns is kinda weird. I'm just wondering if thats how they set the AI to be. You don't start off with much artillery as any faction either, so 10 to 15 units of howitzers by turn 2 is weird to me as well.

NauDaModder's Avatar Civis

Hmmm, yeah I think it's weird too. But hey thats the challenge.

"Amy Pond, there is one thing you'd better understand about me, 'cause its important and one day your life may depend on it. I am definitely a madman with a box."

True. I would just prefer to autoresolve those battles, but you can't. My battles last 7 or 8 minutes. Half of it is killing off their infantry and second half is bum rushing the artillery.