Thread: Framerate Drop in New Computer

Default Framerate Drop in New Computer

Hi guys.

I built a new PC last Friday, and to say the least it was a great experience. What was even greater was the performance I got until this afternoon when all my framerates were completely halved. I checked to see the CPU temp thinking that it may be bottlenecking performance, but the CPU was running at <53C. Pretty decent considering it's bloody hot out and all. Certainly not enough to damage the CPU or otherwise affect frames.

For example, I would get 700 frames in Minecraft before, and now get 270-350 (if I go full screen I get 500+). If I run the game with ultra shaders on, I get 40-60fps where I would previously get at least 140fps. The situation is the same with Counter Strike, also the same with Planetside and Insurgency. I'm just not completely sure what the issue is. Is it possible that the CPU somehow got damaged or shorted? Voltage error? Virus or other malware?

Regards,
    CNB

Crazyeyesreaper's Avatar Primicerius
    Citizen

Default Re: Framerate Drop in New Computer

IF you built a new system but didnt reinstall windows that would be your problem. Seen people take the same HDD and drag it over it does tend to work but performance issues and weird things happen. Otherwise its probably a power saving issue or missing driver.
    CPU: i7 3770K 4.6GHz / i7 4930K 4.4 GHz / i7 4770K 4.6 GHz
    CPU HSF: Thermaltake Water 2.0 Pro / Review Samples / Review Samples
    MOBO: Biostar TZ77XE4 / ASRock X79 Fatal1ty Champion / MSI Z87 GD65 Gaming
    RAM: Mushkin Redlines 2x4GB 1866 MHz / 4x4GB Gskill 2133 MHz / 2x4GB Kingston 2400 MHz
    GPU: Integrated / GTX 780 / HD 5450 Passive
    PSU: Thermaltake Toughpower Grand 1050w 80+ GOLD / NZXT Hale82 650w Modular / same
    CASE: Nanoxia DS1 / Nanoxia DS1 / Lian Li Test Bench
    HDD: 160 HDD / 512GB SSD + 120GB SSD + 5.5TB HDD / 60gb SSD