Thread: system temp while max settings

Default system temp while max settings

hello all, been a long time since Ive haunted this place..rtr....my question is what temp is "unsafe" while playing? the CCC displays in the 80s. accurate? safe? thx in advance

AMD 64x2 3800, 2g ram, ATI x1900gt, 550w Antec psu

freekyjason's Avatar Civis

Default Re: system temp while max settings

wow in the 80's? mind you is that farenheit or celcius, cause if that is 80 deg celcius that needs checking. its either inaccurate or very very hot.

if its farenheit, im not sure what 80deg far is but im sure its a lot healthier than 80 celcius

My CPU runs so hot that you hurt your fingertips if you leave it on for over 5 seconds.

If its 80C, its alright for your X1900GT. Thats a normal operating temperature for that chip, don't worry, it was manufactured to run at that temperature. Normal operating temperatures differ from card to card.

freekyjason's Avatar Civis

aaah video card temp? i thought he meant cpu temp

i have a 7600gt nvidia card that idles at 59deg and under stress can get close to 80. so not so bad after all

hey guys, thx for the replies. yes it is 80 deg C. should have been more clear about that. thx again. was considering some extra cooling, but if that card is meant to run that warm, I guess Im ok. mtw ftw!

Hmmmm i bet you can cook something on that cards
    You ask for steak, I bring you fish. You say that you think steak is better than fish. I say that fish is much more popular than steak so obviously it's better. You say that no matter how good the fish is it can't be better at being steak than the actual steak we used to serve. I say that's just your perception and you're entitled to it but you should accept that fish is the future and that's good. You begin to say something but I stab you in the eye with a fork and run into the kitchen.

I fried an egg on my X1800XT... of dear thats probably why I'm having problems with it... doh.

Joking ofcourse... hhmmm.

My card is running at 80-85 degrees C during game.
    Last edited by verena xeventus; November 23, 2006 at 01:52 AM. Reason: update
    If deception is an art, then the world is full of artists!
    Trust No One!

you seriously need to sort your case out.