Thread: Game of Thrones Reallistic Project

Default Game of Thrones Reallistic Project

hello everyone.

Some may know me, some don't. I've been here for many years (since 2006) and did quite a few mods from small to big, lend a hand to talented modders and entrusted my own mods for new modders to work upon. But i stoped modding years ago, due to lack of enthusiasm and felt like everything has been already covered. But for years i had this idea of recreating GoT on M2TW in a reallistic way, map featuring as much as the game allows, recreate the houses and their armies just like we can see on official artwork and TV (not generic m2tw units renamed), having smart scripting focus on diplomacy and behaviour (alliances and backstabbing) and since the game allows and we could have alot of faction spots, recreate vassal houses (who could retake your own lands ie Boltons,etc).

What am i looking?

A - Every position is open.

What skills do you need?

A - i can do a bit of texturing/models, but the major positions will be mapping and scripting (making challenging campaign to get the iron throne)

What else?

A - Be passionate and have knowledge of Song of Ice and fire.

Notice: This project is aimed for high quallity, bringing true feeling (as possible) to this mod, making the players feel like they're indeed one of the houses.

To apply leave a post here, and ONLY PM me if you really are interested on this massive project.
    Common sense removed due being Disruptive.

ggggtotalwarrior's Avatar hey it geg

Default Re: Game of Thrones Reallistic Project

Why not just join Westeros Total War?
    Rep me and I'll rep you back.

UNDER THE PATRONAGE OF THE KING POSTER AKAR

Quote Originally Posted by ggggtotalwarrior View Post
    Why not just join Westeros Total War?
    This project is aimed for realism and high standards.

Iron Aquilifer's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by Ataegina View Post
    This project is aimed for realism and high standards.
    Shots fired! Shots fired!

The new team have pretty high standards: whats released isnt their work.

That is besides the point, I don't have the time unfortunately to assist you.

stop trying making drama......... theres no shots fired. both projects have different goals, just like we had mods before that focused on realism and others on gameplay. Theres space for everyone, no need to see a new project as a threat.

ggggtotalwarrior's Avatar hey it geg

My point was that it would make more sense to build off their work either from joining their team and steering it in a realistic direction or making a submod rather than starting entirely from scratch. I also don't think it was the "realism" but the "high standards" that could be interpreted as an insult.
    Rep me and I'll rep you back.

UNDER THE PATRONAGE OF THE KING POSTER AKAR

Hengest's Avatar It's a joke

It would be good to know what you actually and specifically mean by "high standards" and "realism".
    Standards compared to what? Standards vary according to taste, so please give some examples of what you mean.
    Realism in a fantasy setting? Again, do you mean 'real in the AGOT world'? Or do you mean 'gritty realism' like in a medieval setting? Please explain your ideas and maybe show some images otherwise people aren't going to understand you, nevermind take you seriously. A modder with your experience should know this.

I would reccomend you create a submod or work with westeros.

Lets be realistic, they already have the mod created and dominate the westros niche on Medieval 2, You have nobody but yourself and a few insults to throw around about their 'standards;.

To quote the books, "When you play the game of thrones you either win or you die". And in your case, you most definitely will not win.

karaislam's Avatar Vicarius

Is this dead?