Thread: Byzantine Campaign!!!!

Default Byzantine Campaign!!!!

Hello, I have recently gotten the game and started a campaign as the Byzantine Empire.

I started off taking the few rebel provinces like Rhodes and moved into the Turks territory. My King Alexandrio, I sent on a conquest to the Turks capital and my 1,000 forces destroyed their 400 while only suffering 190 casualties. I captured the king and after not being able to pay the 20,000 florin ransom I executed him. Moving into the provinces above I destroyed the Turkish empire completely and sent a large force down to Jeruselam where I only suffered 40 casualties. Wishing for a ceasefire they offered me only a meager 1,000 florins to stop, and after demanding 5,000 I continued deeper into Egypt taking all of it. I'm about to move into the Moors but my King Alexandrio is getting old as 67 years old he probably will not make it through the Moors. But my prince is very strong and only 28 years old and has 5 command points . By the way I am playing on vh/h.

Enjoy

murat can's Avatar Semisalis

Default Re: Byzantine Campaign!!!!

Well, i played Byzantines and stopped playing it, its really hard at Late Era, when other countries have gunmen, you still stuck with varangians:/

Stalins Ghost's Avatar Citizen

See, I've just invaded Italy in 1432. The simple answer: get gunpowder mercenaries. I've easily been able to out-gun my Italian enemies so far as a result. The main problem I've faced with the Byzantines is expanding! Every time you go to invade somewhere, another enemy comes to attack somewhere else!
    morecuriousthanbold.com

Ally, ally, ally. The Eastern Roman Empire lasted as long as it did because of the complicated network of alliances and spies it had made up. As soon as the Mongols arrived, I allied with them and let them finish off the Turks and the Egyptians for me. I have enough alliances in Europe that I can pick apart the Catholic nations with very few people raising an eyebrow. Alliances inevitably break, but only when you start expanding near them. So far, only the Papal States, Sicily, and HRE have betrayed me--and this because my troops were near them. I expect the Russians and Poles to continue leaving me alone, and I hope the Mongols do too.

vikrant's Avatar The Messiah of innocence

moved to battle planning
    Under the Patronage of CHANDRASHEKHAR AZAD {prarara}
    patron of selenius4tsd ; tornnight
    use report button to help us keep twc clean

Soulghast's Avatar RAWR!

Quote Originally Posted by vikrant1986
    moved to battle planning
    What does this have to do with battle planning?
    Ex-Curator
    Under the Patronage of Perikles
    Patron of Desperado † and Astaroth

R.I.P Calvin