Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Shogun and Medieval are coming to Steam!

The Outsider's Avatar Civis

Default Re: Shogun and Medieval are coming to Steam!

Mate were you able to make the XL mod work? If so, where did you install it?

I listed the working mods on the steam version for MTW on the steam forum. I tested them myself to be sure.

http://steamcommunity.com/app/345260...0046873941980/
    French commentaries for TW and RTS:http://www.youtube.com/user/leviath40

Just been spanked as Northumbria, forgotten how hard this game can be! Let's try Mercia instead woohoo!

So I assume we can't get Medieval 1/V.I. on Steam by putting in our original keys, like we could with Rome 1 and Medieval 2?

I'd like to add it to Steam and maybe check it out again, but I'd rather not pay for it a second time.

[FLOAT][/FLOAT]
    Quote Originally Posted by mandead View Post
    So I assume we can't get Medieval 1/V.I. on Steam by putting in our original keys, like we could with Rome 1 and Medieval 2?

I'd like to add it to Steam and maybe check it out again, but I'd rather not pay for it a second time.
    The new publishers are SEGA so the old keys don't work on Steam...

But buying it a second time is very much worth it as the game works fine now. Just wait for the next Steam sale if in doubt.

How would we install multiple mods for Medieval onto Steam? I don't want to just overwrite the files. On my cd version I have separate installs for BKB Super Mod, XL, Ancient, etc. How would I do that on Steam?

Has anyone tried to install BKB Super mod?
    Last edited by jp1747; June 26, 2015 at 05:20 PM.

Hey guys, I'm brand new to MTW and it seems that Redux and XL are the main mods that will work with the Steam version. Any suggestions on which I should try first? Above all I'd like graphical improvements (as much as can be expected, I know the engine is limited) and a polished, balanced gameplay experience. Historical accuracy isn't a huge deal for me.

Nizam's Avatar Ordinarius

I really want to see new mods for M1 and S1

Ottoman Total Overhaul received the 2nd favorite Overhaul/Compilation Mod - 2016 award!
    by_TotalWarTurkiye

Basileos Leandros I's Avatar Writing is an art
    High up in the mountains, in my own fortress

Quote Originally Posted by cherryfunk View Post
    Hey guys, I'm brand new to MTW and it seems that Redux and XL are the main mods that will work with the Steam version. Any suggestions on which I should try first? Above all I'd like graphical improvements (as much as can be expected, I know the engine is limited) and a polished, balanced gameplay experience. Historical accuracy isn't a huge deal for me.
    If you're into graphical improvements and a polished gameplay, go for Redux.

If you're into a more vanilla feel but with historical improvements and improved gameplay (with the vanilla feel), go for XL Mod.

I love both, plus BKB Super Mod, so my suggestion would be to play all of them and see which one fits.
    Ja mata, TosaInu. Forever remembered.

Total War Org - https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/

Swords Made of Letters - 1938. The war is looming over France - and Alexandre Reythier does not have much time left to protect his country. A finished novel, published on TWC.

Visit ROMANIA! A land of beauty and culture!

|Sith|Galvanized Iron's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by peoplescavalry View Post
    Just been spanked as Northumbria, forgotten how hard this game can be! Let's try Mercia instead woohoo!
    Indeed. I began a Viking campaign and managed to achieve the minor victory, a few turns later my empire imploded from rebellion and I had to start over.

Apperently having naval connection to you homeland is critical for public order so this time I have made sure to have an iron grip over the oceans so that no Scottish ships will ever disrupt that connection again. Going much better this time around. Building farms take 40 years but totally worth it, now getting 800 income from Ulster due to farms and gold mine!
    Also responsible for the Roma Surrectum II Multiplayer mode
    Rest In Peace Colonel Muammar Gaddafi
    Forward to Victory Great Leader Assad!

Unfortunately my game keeps crashing around about 833 A.D., tried all sorts and different things but to no avail, reading the forums and other people are having the same problem. Hope steam can fix it or it's going to be a waste of money

Man I'm so glad this came to Steam!! Brings me back to the good old days staying up all night on the weekends playing this.
    I have Win 8.1 64bit and no problems so far it's running great!! I started a Byzantine campaign and am having a blast!!!

gord96's Avatar Domesticus

Amazing how many features this little gem has that newer TW games left out.

Quote Originally Posted by leviath View Post
    I listed the working mods on the steam version for MTW on the steam forum. I tested them myself to be sure.

http://steamcommunity.com/app/345260...0046873941980/
    Outstanding. Thanks leviath!
    "Evil is easy, and has infinite forms." - Pascal

Basileos Leandros I's Avatar Writing is an art
    High up in the mountains, in my own fortress

Impressions? How is the game shaping up on the modern rigs?
    Ja mata, TosaInu. Forever remembered.

Total War Org - https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/

Swords Made of Letters - 1938. The war is looming over France - and Alexandre Reythier does not have much time left to protect his country. A finished novel, published on TWC.

Visit ROMANIA! A land of beauty and culture!

|Sith|Galvanized Iron's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Good. Some people are reporting crashes, but had nothing of that sort. Seem to have encountered one bug though, had the compass event, but no cogs have showed up. Shipyards upgraded to maximum of course.
    Also responsible for the Roma Surrectum II Multiplayer mode
    Rest In Peace Colonel Muammar Gaddafi
    Forward to Victory Great Leader Assad!

LestaT's Avatar Artifex

Anyone who got either Shogun and Medieval are playing them with windows 10 preview ?
    Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth. - Marcus Aurelius

kamikazee786's Avatar Senator

Im having one bug with shogun total war and it looks like one that quite a few people are having:

Basically when your in the throne room and you click on your adviser for his words of wisdom, or when an emissary comes to deliver a message, the audio cuts off at about 5 seconds in

I was really looking forward to seeing this feature again. It does wonders for my nostalgia !

http://forums.totalwar.com/showthrea...ps-cutting-out

http://steamcommunity.com/app/345240...0046875778447/
    If you work to earn a living, why then do you work yourself to death?

On the note of Redux,could someone explain exactly how to correctly install it? As unzipping the files directly into the Medieval Folder doesn't work,nor does copying them directly into the folder.
    It keeps creating multiple folders for the separate files which is frustrating to no end.

Inside the archive you have to choose the right folder and copy all stuff to your MTW install directory (and make sure you overwrite all files). I assume you use MTW VI Gold 2.01.
    1. MTW-Redux Beta1005.zip -> copy all inside "Redux - Total War" folder
    2. MTW-Redux VI-Beta1005.zip -> copy all inside "Redux - Total War" folder
    3. RXB-Unipatch 1005e.zip -> copy all inside "v.2.01\Redux - Total War" folder
    If you're prompt for overwritten you know you do it right.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast