View Poll Results: Which describes your situation?

Voters
35. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes I have Windows 10 preview and Rome 1 Gold Steam works fine > please state details in the thread

6 17.14%
  • I have Windows 10 preview but cannot start Rome 1 at all

24 68.57%
  • I haven't tried it yet but plan to upgrade from Windows 7 / 8.1 for free end of July 2015

5 14.29%
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

Thread: Rome 1 and Windows 10

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician Moderator Emeritus Administrator Emeritus

Blog Entries

Default Re: Rome 1 and Windows 10

Quote Originally Posted by General Gordon View Post
    I don't see any anti alias setting in my preferences script ?
    AA_QUALITY:AA_OFF

Quote Originally Posted by General Gordon View Post
    I don't see any anti alias setting in my preferences script ?
    It's called: "AA_QUALITY:AA_HIGH" (or whatever yours is set to)
    Check out this guide for making stuff work on Win10: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...-windows10-FIX

--Let's Carpe the out of this Diem!

I have RTW Gold in CD purchased many years ago physical. I used the key that comes inside to activate the game on Steam. Installed the game from Steam.
    Now I am able to play only Barbarian Invasion (that is include in RTW Gold but no Rome Total War), even though I have applied all the suggestions found in these forums.

Set Applied the AA_QUALITY to OFF thanks.

Will report if I manage to solve the not being able to play RTW here.

EDIT:

OK, reinstalled the game from STEAM, not the CD, applied all the solutions given here (ie; adding the -ne thing to executable, run as administrator, adjust preferences script) AND....
    launching RTW from Steam at least it's WORKING !
    My PC:
    CPU Intel Core i5-7500 3.4 MGZ
    Geforce GTX 1050 TI 4GB
    Windows 10 Home

I've been playing the vanilla campaign quite a few turns and everything going perfect. Still haven't tried Barbarian Invasion but will report. Now looking for maybe some graphical enhancement mod.
    Last edited by General Gordon; April 11, 2017 at 04:30 PM.

RTW 1 is slow in my computer after installing windows 10 (original copy, offered by microsoft for those who had windows 8 to the date).
    The game worked like a charm on my old desktop and my old laptop (they no longer work), and as you might imagine, they were quite outdate (512MB GPU at the most) and 2GB RAM. Still, the game worked just fine, with everything on high, but unit numbers (at that time I didn't know you can change the value).
    This computer has 4GM RAM, intel core i5 1.8 GHz and 2GB NVidia GPU, but the game is lagging even on the menu screen. Does anyone know how to fix it? Makes no sense, because I run newer games smoothly, but and old game like this one, is too laggy!

"Mankind must establish an end to the war, or the war will establish an end to mankind" - John F. Kennedy

alQamar's Avatar Citizen

Please try download and install Direct X redist from Microsoft and hope this will fix, your problem. I can firmly say it is no generic issue with Windows 10 and Rome 1.
    Which Rome 1 do you use Patch version and Steam / non Steam?
    Also what is your Windows version. Open start menu type winver and enter

Also please state the driver version of your soundcard and device name.

The lag in the main menu can also exist because network issues because the orphaned gamespy integration of non steam versions.

Gesendet von meinem SM-G930F mit Tapatalk
    Last edited by alQamar; November 24, 2017 at 01:30 AM.
    NEW: Total War Saga: Britannia benchmark thread - last update: 10.05.2018
    HOW-TO-step-up-from-MBR-CSM-LEGACY-BOOT-to-UEFI-GPT
    Many of my past contributions in the time from 2011-2017 will contain content that now show broken links. Unfortunately I had to delete all pictures linked on TWC that were hosted on imageshack.us. Read why
    If you are missing anything of interest, please let me know. Sorry for any inconvinience caused.

I may agree with alQamar. Installing Direct X redist from Microsoft might be a solution to fix the issues

Thanks guys, I decided to uninstall and do a fresh install and it works fine now, I don't know what went wrong on previous installation of the game, but now is working like a charm, I have the steam version. I've also added the command "-ne" to the steam game properties.

Anyway, thank you both! +rep!

"Mankind must establish an end to the war, or the war will establish an end to mankind" - John F. Kennedy

alQamar's Avatar Citizen

You're welcome! Glad your issue got solved that easily.

Gesendet von meinem SM-G930F mit Tapatalk
    NEW: Total War Saga: Britannia benchmark thread - last update: 10.05.2018
    HOW-TO-step-up-from-MBR-CSM-LEGACY-BOOT-to-UEFI-GPT
    Many of my past contributions in the time from 2011-2017 will contain content that now show broken links. Unfortunately I had to delete all pictures linked on TWC that were hosted on imageshack.us. Read why
    If you are missing anything of interest, please let me know. Sorry for any inconvinience caused.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567