Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Total War: ATTILA – The Last Roman Campaign Pack - we play as Belisarius

Garensterz's Avatar Senator

Default Re: Total War: ATTILA – The Last Roman Campaign Pack - we play as Belisarius

How about us consumers get some performance boost for the next patch of Attila? The problem is, I can't even make the game look like Rome 2's Max quality with the same framerate on my gtx 960, I can get a decent 50 - 60 fps on rome 2 however I get an average of 45 in Attila and mostly it drops to 25 - 30 when combat with full stacks starts. I dont know, but I'd be happy if Attila will have a graphical preset (optional) that has the same graphical recommendations of Rome 2.

I've even seen some benchmarks of the 960 running GTA V on a very high settings and can get up to 45 - 60 fps with no frame drops. So a bit of optimization would be very important for me on the next patch please.
    Last edited by Garensterz; June 09, 2015 at 09:40 PM.

Default Re: Total War: ATTILA – The Last Roman Campaign Pack - we play as Belisarius

Quote Originally Posted by El Chupanibre View Post
    SO will Shogun and Medieval be made compatible to run on modern systems? As of now I cannot run Medieval or Shogun on my Windows 8.1 64-bit machine or in a virtual pc. And I think a lot of other people can't either
    I assume that would be a requisite, otherwise there would be little reason to put it up on Steam. Let's hope it will be made compatible for Windows 10 too.

I wonder how it will run, though. Rome I ran better on my 2004 PC than on my 2013 laptop, even though my laptop can run Empire and Napoleon with framerates that don't hinder gameplay, yet with Rome I they do.

EmperorBatman999's Avatar I say, what, what?

This looks good and I think we all expected this. Still I am quite pleased and I hope that this has spill-over features into the main campaign.

With that said, I am concerned about this campaign map. It seems like a rehash of the Hannibal at the Gates campaign which I didn't really like plus more of Gaul added. I would've preferred a redone and changed up Grand Campaign map featuring Slavs, White Huns plaguing Persia and a more Saxon-settled England, and the Franks struggle against the eastern Germans like the Alemanni.

LestaT's Avatar Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by Basileos Leandros I View Post
    Shogun TW and Medieval TW are coming to Steam, wooooo
    Yeah. I'm more excited to hear Mike Simpson said that rather than the new DLC.
    Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth. - Marcus Aurelius

Antiokhos Euergetes's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by EmperorBatman999 View Post
    This looks good and I think we all expected this. Still I am quite pleased and I hope that this has spill-over features into the main campaign.

With that said, I am concerned about this campaign map. It seems like a rehash of the Hannibal at the Gates campaign which I didn't really like plus more of Gaul added. I would've preferred a redone and changed up Grand Campaign map featuring Slavs, White Huns plaguing Persia and a more Saxon-settled England, and the Franks struggle against the eastern Germans like the Alemanni.
    ^Agree with Emperor Batman999! Plus where is Persia? Why in gods name is Persia not in the game? You cannot simply focus on the west, the threat from the east was always a problem despite the 'eternal peace' in fact Belisarius left Italy briefly to fight a short campaign in Syria

PS why is he using stirrups?
    Last edited by Antiokhos Euergetes; June 09, 2015 at 11:24 PM.

Akhenaton's Avatar Decanus

What kind of Architecture are the barbarian kingdoms going to have? Will it be Roman style, a combination of roman and barbarian elements or just pure barbaric villages (I really hope not) ? If it΄s a combination of roman and barbarian architecture is there any chance that can be ported to the main campaign for when barbarian factions convert former roman towns?

Sharpe's Avatar Praeses

Quote Originally Posted by Humble Warrior View Post
    Seriously? You guys get excited by this?
    Medieval 1 is on par with Shogun 2 as the best TW game.

Campidoctor
    Civitate

I have to say that this looks kinda interesting for me, mostly because i dont really know much about the era right after the fall of the Western Roman Empire.

Excluding Constantinople, the far north and Persia makes also sense. Persia just wasnt an interesting area in Attila because of the Sassanids blobbing around, Constantinople cant be on the map because the Eastern Roman Empire would be too present and strong and also the whole "expedition"-mechanic would make no sense (Belisar would be an ordinary ERE general), and the far north including England and Scandinavia massively lack sources in that time.

I just really hope that important characters like Justinian and Belisar will have unique faces. It already destroyed all my interest on the Ausgustus campaign that the four Roman protagonists dont have the faces they have in the trailer but just ordinary faces. So loveless and half-arsed.

Junaidi83 de Bodemloze's Avatar Dont Mess With Me

Interesting
    Modding is like accursed wine, you try a sip and you ended empty the whole glass
    Under Proud Patronage of Shankbot de Bodemloze

PrinceofPersia's Avatar Tiro

Quote Originally Posted by barry12 View Post
    incredibly disappointed, been looking forward to this but the decision not to make it a grand campaign is a bad one.

the lack of other cultures from the african, eastern and other northern factions will make the novelty of this new dlc wear off fast, it will have zero longevity.

Why not just follow the Imperator Augustus model in Rome 2 and make it a grand campaign? At this rate, with no future DLC planned, I would much prefer a Rise of Islam DLC on the grand campaign map.

Totally agree with you Barry. I think once you have completed the game, the re-playability will literally be zero.

I am not too sure about this dlc also. How can Constantinople not be included in the campaign map. Furthermore there are a few factions that are missing here..(so far anyway). I would have preferred a rise of Islam campaign over this or even focus on Justinian himself, rather than a general.

I think this will be similar to the M2TW KIndoms Americas campaign....where you keep getting 'presents' and 'money' from Constantinople for reaching every stage. Shame.
    Last edited by PrinceofPersia; June 10, 2015 at 04:16 AM.

Why would you have Constantinople? It played no physical role in Balisarius' campaign. The expansion happened pretty far away from the city:

This is probably gonna be on par with Caesar in Gaul with a twist on migration mechanics.
    The Armenian Issue

Basileos Leandros I's Avatar Writing is an art
    High up in the mountains, in my own fortress

Medieval:Total War, the original, is the best game of the series.

Even Mike Simpson, the lead of CA, admitted in this Rally Point that he holds a soft spot for the game.
    Ja mata, TosaInu. Forever remembered.

Total War Org - https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/

Swords Made of Letters - 1938. The war is looming over France - and Alexandre Reythier does not have much time left to protect his country. A finished novel, published on TWC.

Visit ROMANIA! A land of beauty and culture!

nce_wht_guy's Avatar Vicarius

Quote Originally Posted by Humble Warrior View Post
    Seriously? You guys get excited by this?
    If the thought of having Shogun or Medieval on Steam doesn't excite you, then you sir, are a Communist.

Support Russia!

Does anyone know if Constantinople will be in the new campaign map?

Foederatus

is there a complete map for this campaign somewhere in the internet that i can find? btw this DLC is so great i am waiting for this XD

Antiokhos Euergetes's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by Setekh View Post
    Why would you have Constantinople? It played no physical role in Balisarius' campaign. The expansion happened pretty far away from the city:

This is probably gonna be on par with Caesar in Gaul with a twist on migration mechanics.
    I just don't think having a narrow campaign in Africa and Italy is going to be all that good. I was hoping for something like the Augustus campaign full sized map to include Persian wars as well as those in the west.

Karnil Vark Khaitan's Avatar Praepositus

Hmmm it seems to just focus on the new world after rome, I would have liked if Constantinople was on the map, so if the player played the new rome, they could destroy east roman empire.

Im the Knight in Sour Armor http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.ph...ghtInSourArmor
    Rainbow Darling rainbows Darling. Darling Rainbows!!!!!
    but on the same time modder with my first mod for Rome 2!http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=286218945
    Hey Sparkle Sparkle Sparkle!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LDULtV9U2kA
    Quote Originally Posted by riskymonk View Post
    yea but mods are created by fans of the series. Games are created by university students who might not necessarily know or play the games/series they're working on

I'm fairly disappointed with the decision to focus only on the west of the map....the whole things going to be disjointed and out of context isn't it? Belisarius' army just appears in the west and goes roaming about? and that's it?
    Nah...that'll bore me in about 2 or 3 hours...I don't think Im going to bother personally. Never thought I'd hear myself saying this but how longs Warhammer going to be?

Quote Originally Posted by Fedual View Post
    Does anyone know if Constantinople will be in the new campaign map?
    I'm sorry to say that it doesn't look that way at all...for some reason I can't begin to fathom they seem to be concentrating just on the western Mediterranean basin...

Linke's Avatar Hazarapatish

I have always prefered these more detailed campaign maps. And remember the whole dlc is based on Belisarius' reconquest of Italy (kind of) and Africa, not Justinians reign. Even so it will be a bit weird as if I remember correctly Justinian dispatched of Belisarius before all of Italy was retaken. But anyways only in this detailed map I think we can really get the feel of how a campaign actualy was for an army (especially with the new mechanic)

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast