Thread: What are the playable factions?

Default What are the playable factions?

So is there a campaign? If there is what factions are playable? I would really like to play with Great Britain.

Default Re: What are the playable factions?

The playable factions are the Confederate Southern states; CSA, and the Union States of America, or the Federal Army; USA.
    Yes it is a campaign.

Only the CSA and the USA are playable....... No other nations took part militarily.

Quote Originally Posted by Steveholmes View Post
    The playable factions are the Confederate Southern states; CSA, and the Union States of America, or the Federal Army; USA.
    Yes it is a campaign.
    Oh, I don't want the mod for the civil war specifically, I just wanted the mod for that time period. Do you know any other mods that are around that time period or even more modern?

Quote Originally Posted by FatCatLoaf View Post
    Oh, I don't want the mod for the civil war specifically, I just wanted the mod for that time period. Do you know any other mods that are around that time period or even more modern?
    So far this is the best mod in ETW that plays the time period your seeking, that I know of. Btw you can fight other nations, but you can't play them.

Quote Originally Posted by FatCatLoaf View Post
    The mod Victoria: Total War is in the making and has a sign-up beta available, and it starts in 1865. You can play as the nations featured in this mod in custom battles, just not the campaign.

Quote Originally Posted by LuciferM View Post
    The mod Victoria: Total War is in the making and has a sign-up beta available, and it starts in 1865. You can play as the nations featured in this mod in custom battles, just not the campaign.
    Does it have the same battle mechanics, and card details of type of rifles and unit cards as ETW acw? Or si just a change of uniforms?

Quote Originally Posted by Steveholmes View Post
    Yes it is a campaign.
    Weeelll, if you play as another faction on campaign it actually works, as far as I've tried. Pretty fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Elmo Terry View Post
    Weeelll, if you play as another faction on campaign it actually works, as far as I've tried. Pretty fun.
    How exactly do you do that?

Has anyone successfully modded ACW's files to make the other factions payable in campaign? How would I go about doing so?

Quote Originally Posted by Elmo Terry View Post
    Seriously how does one do that????

You can load up the game (US/CS) and click the arrow beside the flag when you want to start your campaign.