Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: The Gates of the Moon

Default Re: The Gates of the Moon

Lucian had not even bothered to come out to meet the bizarre troop, but Virgil stood ready to receive Grafton. He was dressed for winter, true enough, but he had not yet made preparations to depart. He would wear mostly leather and furs in the mountains, taking along a full suit of armor seemed a sure way to freeze to death or get stuck. "I am glad to see you returned in one piece, not having been killed either by wildlings or treacherous winter waters! I shall assemble my men now."

ooc: I assume that you will have nominal control of the Wildlings RPwise. Time to open a thread in the adventuring subforum

Narsils_Shards's Avatar Campidoctor

Ser Tytos Reyne arrives at the Gates of the Moon after acquiring access through the Bloody Gate. He is dressed for winter, with the furs that Castamere had received from the North several years ago.

He is brought in through a smaller door built into the portcullis, which was frozen shut. Within the cavernous gatehouse he was warmed by braziers momentarily before he was directed by guards to a sidedoor in the rock which after a quick ascension through spiral staircases brought him into the grand hallway and eventually the solar of the Gates of the Moon where the hearth was blazing and Lucian Arryn, the Warden of the Vale received him.

"Lord Lucian," he begins, voice slightly shaking still from the cold, "My father has sent me here so I may travel the realms and to broker a trade agreement. Ever since Castamere was returned to us, the mines have been churning out gold, but we need good stone for the buildings that my father and I have been planning to build. We would like to trade our gold for your stone. Are you in agreement?"

Lucian looked Reyne up and down. "The last time I saw a man from the Westerlands he was skewering one of my men from behind with a spear at the battle of Pinkmaiden." He was compulsively clenching and unclenching his fists, remembering the battle as a stain on his honor. "...And yet, I saw no Reyne banners on the field that day. Is it true you betrayed Lannister?"

"That would depend on who you asked. If you asked the late Lord Jason, then yes House Reyne was a traitor to the Westerlands. If you asked the former Green Council, they would say that either Lannister or Reyne was going to attack Riverrun. If you asked my family, no. We never betrayed Lannister, he betrayed us, the Crakehall's, and the Green cause. My father saw an opportunity to take Riverrun and he struck. When we arrived, the Stormlands had already been defeated. We heard about how Castamere had been taken, the Green cause surrender and decided to travel to King's Landing. The rest is of no importance."

Lucian rose. "Well, that is an interesting tale." He said sarcastically. Several bearded knights bearing Arryn sigils around him laughed darkly. " the Lannisters." He said resolutely. "I would have exacted revenge if they dared to storm my castle while I was away fighting their war." Several of the retainers nodded or 'ayed' in agreement. "Yet I did not see your banners at Pinkmaiden, and for that I will agree to your terms."

"We almost did, thankfully for the new Lord Tyrek, his father was dead. May we both prosper with this deal Lord Arryn."

Trot's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

Quote Originally Posted by Pericles of Athens View Post
    Rickard looked down on her with big Grey eyes as she looked up at him. He edged closer to her, his warmth radiating toward her body. And you're much too attractive to be so modest. He half joked, not certain if it was her natural looks or the booze that made her seem such. No exaggeration my lady, as they say everything is bigger North of the Neck. You might know this but the Wall is the greatest legacy of my ancestors, the greatest construct in all Westeros I'd dare say. He moved his arm behind her, resting it on top of the bench. Perhaps your lord father would allow you to visit it if you came as a guest of a Northmen?

She blushes, but does not draw away. "My Lord Father is far away it will be impossible to ask him."

Pericles of Athens's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

He thought for a moment. If your father is so far away who's to stop you? He questioned coyly. The world isn't always kind enough to give us a chance to fulfill a dream.

"I doubt my brother would care for me to go alone to the north," she says glancing over to the hall. "I believe he has plans to find me a Lord husband in the vale," She says a bitter note in her voice.

Virgil and Lyanna bear a son, named Jon Arryn

Quote Originally Posted by Trot View Post
    "I doubt my brother would care for me to go alone to the north," she says glancing over to the hall. "I believe he has plans to find me a Lord husband in the vale," She says a bitter note in her voice.
    Would staying here and marrying a Valesmen make you happy? He questioned, an eyebrow raised curiously.

Quote Originally Posted by Pericles of Athens View Post
    Would staying here and marrying a Valesmen make you happy? He questioned, an eyebrow raised curiously.
    "It is not my happiness that matters Lord Stark. I am sure you know that as well as anyone."

Aye, responsibilites. He stated simply. We've all got them I suppose. Sometimes fate's kind enough to let happiness and duty cross paths, sometimes fate isn't so kind. He looked up at the stars, before glancing back on the girl. The sun'll be up soon. A thought spoke aloud. You have my thanks for the pleasant conversation, Ysillia.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456