Page 5 of 26 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: War of the Ring Map Game [FINISHED]

AntonisTheGreek's Avatar Senator

Default Re: War of the Ring Map Game

Trade accepted.But will this counts as part of my income now,or next turn?

Iron Aquilifer's Avatar Protector Domesticus

OOC: On an aside, apologises, I used the room for a SM chapter generation table, wont happen again

Mordor

Income - 31
    Expenses - 30
    - 1 general
    - 2 armies

Lord of Cats's Avatar Vicarius

~ Realm of Gondor ~

Current Treasury: 2
    Income

Regions (17) --
    *Anorien/Minas Tirith: 3
    West Osgiliath: 2
    Pelargir: 2
    Lossarnach: 2
    Lebennin: 2
    Tarnost: 2
    Ethring: 1
    Dol Amroth: 3
    Lamedon: 2
    White Mountains: 1
    Pinnath Gelin: 1
    Anfalas: 1
    Tolfalas: 2
    Has Yayb: 1
    Harondor: 1
    The Wold: 1
    Gobel Ancalimon: 2

Infrastructure --
    Minas Tirith (citadel): 1
    Dol Amroth (city): 3
    Pelargir (town): 2
    West Osgiliath (village): 1

Trade --
    Rohan: 4

Total Income: 40 wealth

Expenses

Replenishment --
    none

New Armies --
    1 at Dol Amroth (city): 10
    1 at Minas Tirith (citadel): 10

New Fleets --
    none

Infrastructure --
    none

New Agents --
    1 Spy at Minas Tirith (citadel): 5

Characters --
    Captain Faramir: 10

Total Expenses: 35

2 + 40 - 35 = 7

New Treasury: 7 wealth

@NobleWoman: A village provides 1, not 2, wealth. And armies and agents can only be recruited in regions with infrastructure (settlements or fortifications). Rhun has settlements in Rhomen and Mistrand regions, not in Kugavod. You can build a village or castle at Kugavod this turn to be able to raise an army or recruit an agent there.

@AntonisTheGreek and Kirila the Kitten: An alliance treaty comes with a trade treaty. Since you two signed it (alliance) before the turn's end both Eriador and Erebor generate 4 wealth each from trade this turn.

@Iron Aquilifer: Where are you recruiting your armies?

@everyone: I'll delay the beginning of Turn 3 and allow you all to edit your purchases in light of my answers.

Cheers! Cats

~ Battle of Grasgard ~
    December, 3001 T.A.
    Rhun army (4 units) vs Dale militia (2 units)

dice log link

The spy sneaks into the Dale encampment and finds the leaders drunk in their tent. She steals their battle plans and disappears, returning to Hudraik with the information (5, success, +1 on 2 rolls).

Chief Hudraik blows the war trumpets and advances on the Dalesmen through the flurry of snowflakes. But the brave militia holds them back with their javelins and axes (4+1+1=6 - 6 = 0). And the battle continues to rage with neither side gaining an advantage (1+1+1=3 - 3 = 0). A warrior of Dale reaches Hudraik and wounds him, causing some Easterlings to route (1+1=2 - 3 = -1). The Chief manages to slay the warrior and rally his men. The army fights with renewed vigor, slaughtering the enemy (4+1=5 - 3 = 2). An average victory for Rhun.

Grasgard region is seized by the Clans of Rhun!

OOC: I'm very sorry, Noble. I totally did not see Hudraik's move. This battle is considered to take place before turn's end. Please add Grasgard's wealth (1) to your in
    come. Cats
    Last edited by Lord of Cats; June 22, 2015 at 04:59 PM.

​Eriador's Finances(UPDATE)
    Income

Current Treasury:6

Regions:
    Lunelaith ~ 1
    Hills of Evendim ~ 1
    The Shire ~ 2
    Longbottom ~ 2
    Annuminas ~ 2
    Hobbiton ~ 2
    Fornost ~ 1
    Bree ~ 3
    South Downs ~ 1
    Weathertop ~ 1
    Rhudaur ~ 2
    Trollshaws ~ 2
    North Downs ~ 1
    Ettenmoors ~ 1

Settlements:
    Bree(town) ~ 2
    Annuminas(village) ~ 1

Trade:
    Lindon ~ 4
    Erebor ~ 4

Total income:33

Expenses

Army replenishment:
    1 Army at Bree ~ 5
    1 Army at Fornost ~ 5

Infrastructrure:
    1 Castle at Weathertop ~ 10

Agents:
    1 Diplomat at Bree ~ 5
    1 Spy at Bree ~ 5

Total Expenses:30

Treasury:6+33-30=9

~ Realm of Gondor ~
    Faramir

The second son of Steward Denethor has come of age and is ready to be given a position of command. His father hopes he will be just as much of a warrior as his older brother. Captain Faramir appears in Minas Tirith as a new character for Gondor.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Aquilifer
    Expenses - 30
    - 1 general
    - 2 armies
    ~ Realm of Mordor ~
    Nazgūl!

A Nazgūl bearing the name Ji Indūr Dawndeath has arrived in Barad-dūr. Once one of nine men who succumbed to Sauron's power, he is now bound to the power of the One Ring. The aura of blood-curdling fear, the poisonous breath, and the horrible screeching cries makes the Nazgūl one of Sauron's most terrible servants.

NobleWoman's Avatar Campidoctor

@Cats--I have edited the post for purchases. I have included (2) wherever given so in the map.

The armies are at Minas Morgul

- Dawndeath moves to East Ostgiliath 72 hours and joins an army

Beginning of Turn 003
    January - June, 3002 T.A.

~ Realm of Gondor ~

Captain Faramir takes command of the new army at Minas Tirith.

The army at The Wold is ordered to return to the White City. It moves through Eastemnet (plains) and arrives in Minas Tirith (plains). ETA: 48 hours.

@Iron Aquilifer: I think your spy and the Witch-King's army arrived at Emyn Arnen.

~ Battle of Umbar ~
    January, 3002 T.A.
    Two Gondor armies (4 and 3 units) vs Harad army and militia (5 and 2 units)
    dice log link

Spy is caught entering the governor's mansion. He is cruelly tortured and reveals the attack plans of Gondor's armies (1, fail, -1 on 1st roll).

The largest Gondor army prepares to assault the city first. But their planned feint at one wall fails due to the spy's betrayal, and their main attack is shot to bits by the amassed corsair archers (3-1-1=1 - 4 = -3). The remnants of this force try to retreat but are trapped and slaughtered (1 - 4 = -3).

The other Gondor army rushes the walls with their ladders. Like their brethren, these soldiers are repelled from the city and shot dead (1-1=0 - 4 = -4). This is a crushing defeat for Gondor...

Movement
    The new army at Dol Amroth boards the fleet in the Belfalas Bay and deploys at Gobel Ancalimon (desert) to reinforce Gondor's holdings there. ETA: 12+48=60 hours (2.5 days).

OOC: well, it seems like my bad luck is back with a vengeance. Hey, Kirila, do you want to play as Gondor or continue with Erebor?

​Eriador's Finances(UPDATE 2)
    Income

Current Treasury:6

Regions:
    Lunelaith ~ 1
    Hills of Evendim ~ 1
    The Shire ~ 2
    Longbottom ~ 2
    Annuminas ~ 2
    Hobbiton ~ 2
    Fornost ~ 1
    Bree ~ 3
    South Downs ~ 1
    Weathertop ~ 1
    Rhudaur ~ 2
    Trollshaws ~ 2
    North Downs ~ 1
    Ettenmoors ~ 1

Settlements:
    Bree(town) ~ 2
    Annuminas(village) ~ 1

Trade:
    Lindon ~ 4
    Erebor ~ 4

Total income:33

Expenses

Army Recruitment:
    1 Army at Fornost ~ 10

Army replenishment:
    1 Army at Bree ~ 5
    1 Army at Fornost ~ 5

Infrastructrure:
    1 Castle at Weathertop ~ 10

Agents:
    1 Diplomat at Bree ~ 5

Total Expenses:35

Treasury:6+33-35=4

Cats, Please roll for Borthand's move.

Hudraik has recovered from his wounds, which had turned out to be minor. He leads his army into Araw, crossing the river from the bridge in Grasgard. The spy, as usual is sent in first.

Cats, has the castle construction over in the 2 regions mentioned? If yes, then are the armies available to use?

~ Battle of Uldonavan ~
    February, 3002 T.A.
    Rhun army (4 units) vs rebel militia (2 units)

dice log link

Chieftain Borthand orders his warriors to rush the castle of Uldonavan. With trumpets blaring the Easterling charge the walls with their ladders, their golden armor protecting them from the missiles of the enemy (4-1+1=4 - 4 = 0). Once on the walls, the deadly warriors completely slaughter the rebels (5+1=6 - 1 = 5). Borthand marches into the castle triumphant. This is a clear victory for Rhun.

Uldonavan region, which contains a castle (can recruit/replenish 2 armies per turn) falls to the Clans of Rhun!

~ Second Battle of Araw ~
    February, 3002 T.A.
    Rhun army (3 units) vs Dale militia (2 units)

dice log link

The spy manages to infiltrate the Dale camp. She hears the officers talking about some plans and records them before departing (4, success, +1 on 1st roll).

Chief Hudraik orders his men to cross the freezing river. Luckily they cross where the spy said the Dalesmen would not be, and so no losses are suffered yet (1-1+1+1=2 - 2 = 0). When the Easterlings form up, they take the enemy by surprise in one fell charge, slaughtering them all (6+1=7 - 2 = 5). This is another clear victory for Rhun.

Araw region is taken by the Clans of Rhun! Dale loses a region.

OOC:
    Quote Originally Posted by NobleWoman
    Cats, has the castle construction over in the 2 regions mentioned? If yes, then are the armies available to use?
    I don't understand this question, can you please elaborate? You spent all your wealth on 2 castles, which have been completed in Grasgard and Kugavod. I assume you did this so you could recruit/replenish armies there at the end of this turn.

This is your current military info btw:
    Armies
    1 (4 units) at Uldonavan (castle) commanded by Chieftain Borthand
    1 (3 units) at Araw commanded by Chief Hudraik

Agents
    1 Spy at Araw

Cheers! Cats

Borthand gathers the Clans, and finds out that their morale, owing to the past victories, has become pretty high. They are ready to march on, and so, the Chieftain orders an attack on Dorwinion (plains). ETA-12 hours.

Meanwhile, Hudraik sends his spy to Esgaroth (plains), and decides to follow it up with an attack. ETA-12 hours.
    Dale looks ripe for the taking.....

All armies of Eriador who are in full strength march to North Downs.ETA:48 hours for the armies in Fornost,96 hours(4 days) for the army in Bree.

Meanwhile,the newly recruited diplomat goes to Pinnath Gellin(rocky,held by Gondor),travelling through South Downs(plains),Tharbad(plains),Swanfleet(swamp),Duneard(rocky),Gap of Rohan(plains),Westfold(plains) and Druwaith laur(plains).ETA:11 days(arrival in 4 July)

A question:Can I get the Army of the Dead only once,or as many times as I want?
    Last edited by AntonisTheGreek; June 23, 2015 at 06:43 AM. Reason: Added the question

~ Battle of Dorwinion ~
    March, 3002 T.A.
    Rhun army (4 units) vs rebel militia (2 units)

dice log link

Chieftain Borthand sounds the war trumpets and charges in with his chariots and heavy cavalry. The peasant militia is completely overrun and slaughtered to the last man (6+1=7 - 4 = 3). The Easterlings can now enjoy fine Dorwinion wine, the best in all of Middle-earth. This is a crushing victory for Rhun!

Dorwinion region is conquered by the Clans of Rhun!

~ Battle of Esgaroth ~
    March, 3002 T.A.
    Rhun army (3 units) vs Dale army and militia (5 and 2 units)

dice log link

The spy disguises herself as an exotic dancer and is hired at a famous tavern in Lake-Town. She attracts the attention of several Dale commanders of the garrison, and buys them drinks. They talk and laugh uproariously. The spy is told all about how these big strong Dalesman have a plan to defend this town from the barbarians of the east (6, success, +1 on 3 rolls). She memorizes this plan before leaving the drunk commanders and sneaking out of the tavern. The spy returns to Chief Hudraik, relaying the information to him.

The Easterlings have quickly assembled many boats as they prepare to assault Lake-Town. War trumpets blare and Hudraik rows forth with his army. They soon crash into the boats of the Dale army. The Chief has expected this and immediately locates the enemy commander, killing him. Chaos engulfs the Dalesmen, and most are butchered by the warriors of Rhun (2+1+1=4 - 1 = 3). The enemy rally around a new commander and launch a counter-attack, which results in Hudraik's boat being sunk (3+1+1=5 - 6 = -1). Hudraik appears on the surface though, after ditching his armour. The Easterlings cheer and continue fighting, slaughtering the remnants of the Dale army (6+1+1=8 - 6 = 2).

The warriors of Rhun, tired and wet, set foot in Lake-Town. The Dale militia rush to meet them, and the fighting is fierce. But neither side gains an advantage (3+1=4 - 4 = 0). Some Dale citizens try to destroy the boats and so Hudraik orders a retreat. The Easterlings take to their boats and withdraw back to Araw.

This battle has been a draw between Rhun and Dale. Dale's army (5 units) is destroyed, though its militia (2 units) continues to defend Esgaroth.

Rhun's current military info:
    Armies
    1 (4 units) at Dorwinion commanded by Chieftain Borthand
    1 (2 units) at Araw commanded by Chief Hudraik

Agents
    1 Spy at Esgaroth

~ Realm of Gondor ~

Lord Boromir takes command of the army deployed at Gobel Ancalimon.

The newly recruited spy crosses the Anduin to infiltrate Cair Andros (rocky). Captain Faramir's army stays behind at Minas Tirith. Steward Denethor's army, and the army that has returned from The Wold, prepares to cross the Anduin and take Cair Andros (rocky) from the rebels. ETA: 48 hours.

Gondor's diplomat at the Brown Lands travels to Sagathavuld (plains) to negotiate with the Clans of Rhun, who have risen dramatically in power. ETA: 24 hours.

@AntonisTheGreek: When Aragorn gets the Army of the Dead it can only be used for 3 battles and then it is gone. Permanently. The oath would be fulfilled and the dead men pass on, leaving
    Middle-earth. Cheers! Cats

Borthand's triumphant Clans march onto Esgaroth (plains) from Dorwinion, through Araw (plains). ETA-24 hours.
    Hudraik awaits his father's arrival and plans to join him, once he reaches Araw. Together, both armies will attack Esgaroth once more. The spy will be sent again, followed by the combined armies

Kirila the Kitten's Avatar Primicerius

I just don't feel like continuing this. Sorry. And yes, I am lazy as hell.
    One day I might return to control Erebor though. The summer is long enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirila the Kitten View Post
    I just don't feel like continuing this. Sorry. And yes, I am lazy as hell.
    One day I might return to control Erebor though. The summer is long enough.
    I echo these words. Believe me when I say that this was quite enjoyable while I took part, but I have to graciously bow out.