Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: Riverrun - Seat of House Tully (Dance of Dragons)

Default Re: Riverrun - Seat of House Tully (Dance of Dragons)

The Lady looked sometimes into Harys' direction, but it was rather a swift look, as she looked troubled into all directions, feeling at least glad upon all the Rivermen soldiers surrounding her during the journey.
    She rode to the side of Ser Vance, who eyed her just neutral, seeing nothing special in her but the political trouble the woman would make. It would take a lot of time, till the issue with Harrenhall and the nearly extinct Strongs would be solved - in one way or another the Tullys had to choose again a new dynasty claiming this haunted place.
    It sometimes would feel better, if we can just destroy this vile, black heart of our lands and rebuild a smaller keep upon it's ruins - but strategical, historical and political it would be suicide to do this!

At some point, Vance rode to the back of the host, trusting the Tully riders around him to protect the young lady, as the Lord Regent was a planning man, calculateing each move of his armies through like a penible logistican. Unlike Benjen this man was a defender, not someone, who had experience in battle.
    Within the first ranks, Harys also spotted Ser Shawney among the troops, the old knight, whom he had known from Essos. Tall Edd and the Butter Knight were however not present, most likely riding with the other host.

Quote Originally Posted by Alexandrine View Post
    While his lord was at the capital, ser Tytos Mooton arrived at Riverrun to discuss all actual things in person with the lord protector in name of his nephew and offer his services to House Tully and Riverrun.
    The man was lead forward into the keep to speak with the current Tully representant.

Lucius Malfoy's Avatar Pure-Blood
    Citizen

Ser Harys knew they were marching back to Riverrun. Word was that the war front could draw close to the seat of power for House Tully with news of the recent defeat of the Vale forces at Nunn's Deep by a strong Westerland army. Harys only hoped it would not reach any further into his beloved homeland. It seemed like Essos was a distant memory now; a memory so far away that it made the middle-aged Justman feel old. His eyes then looked at Jeyne Strong for a moment. His horse galloping for a moment so that he could speak with her. After a moment of silence, Harys spoke.

I told the maester, who was inspecting your sister's body, to have Lady Helicent be cleaned and buried alongside your ancestors in the burial hall, Lady Strong. There are enough ghosts at Harrenhal, and your sister does not deserve to be among them, but to be at peaceful rest, welcomed by the Seven into the peaceful afterlife. I hope, with a proper burial, she will find peace.
    Gaming Director for the Gaming Staff
    Gaming Director for the Play-by-Post Subforum and the RPG Shed

She looked at the young knight, opening her mouth for a moment in embarresment and surprise, before she finally closed her mouth, trying to look more stern.
    "Ser Justman, right", she rather whispered, than actually said, a soft voice, broken by the torture she had to face, "I... I guess I have to thank you for this. Right now, however, I'm not in the mood to think of what happened. I just want to go away from this place and not think upon it again."
    Her grief upon the losses could be felt.

Citizen

Ser Harys remained quiet for a moment when Lady Strong spoke. Yet, he still felt that connection with her as both of their houses and their futures rested upon their shoulders.

It is hard to think of such things. I am sorry for bringing it up, I only meant to give you a little comfort for your thoughts. I too know what it is like to not want to remember...such as when my father died due to illness in Myr.

Harys remembered what it was, a severe case of Bloody Flux. Deremond was already very old at the time and expired quickly, too quickly for Harys and his younger brother.

"Yeah, I guessed already you are from Essos", she said, rolling her eyes, since she felt that the conversation went way too long for her taste, "Just leave me alone with details, I just want to be left alone."
    She tried to gallop faster in hope to get out of the discussion. She had nothing in personal against the knight, yet she did not want to talk with a stranger upon this private topic.

Citizen

Harys let Jeyne do as she pleased, silently bowing his head in apology to her. After all, she was of noble blood. Harys may be a Justman, but his royal blood was so insignificant for a woman like Jeyne to even look at him. Ser Harys pulls his horse back a bit, falling back into line. The Riverlander only hoped that the Seven would continue to give him fortune; it was the only he got at this moment.
    Last edited by Lucius Malfoy; June 23, 2015 at 01:21 PM.

On their way, the party was interrupted by an outrider, comeing from Stronehedge by the name of Lord Bracken. He informed Ser Vance upon the keep of Riverrun being under siege by an outsider army.
    With those news being heard, Vance rode towards Ser Shawney, requesting him and few riders to gather around him. The event caught probably Harys' attention, as Vance asked among the knights for a special mission.

Citizen

Ser Harys remained upon his steed, listening to the words of the Lord Regent. His horse trotted up a little, allowing Harys Justman one glance at Jeyne Strong as if he wanted to remember what she looked like in case his mind forgot her and in case this mission sent them to battle. Then the reins were snapped and so the horse galloped off towards Ser Shawney and Ser Vance. Harys felt this was a good moment to gain some sort of reputation instead of being seen as a foreigner.

My lord! I volunteer for this mission!
    Last edited by Lucius Malfoy; June 24, 2015 at 10:35 AM.

Vance looked merely up in surprise, but nodded only.
    "You'll explain him the task during the mission, Ser Winston", he replied merely, "All men on horse will be needed for it. With that being said, I will order the rest of our men for battle."
    Old Shawney only nodded and nodded politely, as the Lord Regent rode away, giving orders as usual. As always, the old man had managed to keep his walrus-shaped mustache in form, as he eyed Justman glad.
    "So we meet again", he replied merely in reference to Essos, "Well, it is good to know to have another experienced man on my side. Riverrun is under siege - the Lord Regent fears for Lady Strong's safety and thus we will have to bring her to a safe place."

Citizen

Ser Harys looks at Old Shawney, a knight he met while in Essos. The Justman pondered on various locations; three would suddenly flare into his thoughts.

There are three within a short distance and far from the frontline that we can take Lady Strong to.

First, the Justman gestures the direction they came from.

Harrenhal is one suggestion, though possibly one that Lady Strong does not wish to return to just yet.

Then Harys points northward.

The allied keep of the Brackens or Blackwoods would suit our needs, otherwise to my camp at Oldstones in the lands of House Mallister. Both are relatively far from the frontline and deep within allied territory.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Dread View Post
    The man was lead forward into the keep to speak with the current Tully representant.
    Tytos directly began speaking: "My nephews and I would like to know what happened at Harrenhall; which is so close to our domain. Anything we should know our concern ourselves with?"
    "Furthermore, you might be interested to know that my nephew lord Walys was appointed master of Coin to her grace the queen. So he can act as a voice for the Riverlands within the capital."

Quote Originally Posted by Alexandrine View Post
    Tytos directly began speaking: "My nephews and I would like to know what happened at Harrenhall; which is so close to our domain. Anything we should know our concern ourselves with?"
    "Furthermore, you might be interested to know that my nephew lord Walys was appointed master of Coin to her grace the queen. So he can act as a voice for the Riverlands within the capital."
    The redbearded man on the throne nodded appreciateing.
    "I remember House Mooton and neither can I forget their services", the knight replied after a while, "My congratulations towards your House and your family. Once they return from the exile from the Eyrie, we might be able to celebrate the situation with a betrothal between our Houses.
    As for Harrenhall, it is currently under gouvernment of Lady Strong, in support of our retainers to arrange the military situation and certain politics. Future will see, if their House will see a new age or gets married into a new House."

The redbearded man on the throne nodded appreciateing.
    "I remember House Mooton and neither can I forget their services", the knight replied after a while, "My congratulations towards your House and your family. Once they return from the exile from the Eyrie, we might be able to celebrate the situation with a betrothal between our Houses.
    As for Harrenhall, it is currently under gouvernment of Lady Strong, in support of our retainers to arrange the military situation and certain politics. Future will see, if their House will see a new age or gets married into a new House."
    Tytos nodded. "Very good." he answered. "My house is honoured. But we are worried. The young lordship should return from the Eyrie as soon as possible. He should be groomed as a Riverlander. Not stay hidden in the Vale. Some might say he is a scared boy hiding behind his mothers skirts if he stays there longer."

"Fear not, a Tully is standing in front of you, while he protects the rights of his nephew - no need for a mother's skirt", Ser Benjen chuckled friendly, "But I agree, with Caron's siege haveing failed and the Dragons nearly gone, we will ask to bring Lord Harren back. Since a betrothal was once considered between us and the Eyrie, our Houses have grown closer during the war in friendship."

"Fear not, a Tully is standing in front of you, while he protects the rights of his nephew - no need for a mother's skirt", Ser Benjen chuckled friendly, "But I agree, with Caron's siege haveing failed and the Dragons nearly gone, we will ask to bring Lord Harren back. Since a betrothal was once considered between us and the Eyrie, our Houses have grown closer during the war in friendship."
    Tytos laughed. "Good to hear. I understand that the young lord is promised to a maid of house Arryn? A most sensible match indeed. The Riverlands will rejoice in this decision."

The raven returns. Lady Jeyne joyfully agrees with Tully's proposal. She shall host the meeting with every meager resources she has at her disposal right now, every Riverlord is welcomed to her home, as is Ser Vance, whose family has always been loyal to Harrenhall.

Left: artwork by the great Duncan Fegredo.

A link to my Deviantart's account.

The Dowager Lady Augusta Arryn arrives at Riverrun, seeking hospitality

The Lady is granted entrance towards the hall, where she was awaited by Ser Benjen Tully and Lord Harren Tully already.
    The young lord was glad to see her, as he remembered his time upon the Eyrie during the war.

Augusta by now had reached almost 60 years of age, and she had a grandmotherly presence about her. She had grown a bit plump, and had to walk with the assistance of a cane. "Ah there's my boy, Harren" She said with a low voice between coughs. The winter had not been kind to her, and the maesters had told her that the cold had infested her lungs. She had hoped to stay in Riverrun and out of the windy mountain passes of the Vale for as long as possible. "My but you have grown!"

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456