Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Total War Arena Update history - last updated 01.05.2016

alQamar's Avatar Citizen

Icon3 Total War Arena Update history - last updated 01.05.2016

This thread will keep you informed about all changes / hotfixes and major patches on TW Arena. Unfortunately I do not have access to all build numbers anymore.

Cheers,
    al Qamar

I am sorry I was not able to keep up this thread since November 2015.

Since then 4 more patches were released, which two of them were introducing new commanders Cynane and Vercingetorix, and then another special one Dogbert the Chosen - well this was more an April's fool though

Currently Total War Arena is not playable anymore since 1st of March, which doesn't mean the game has failed, it is more like a creative break, they already took the game down end of 2015 for a couple of weeks.
    According the latest blog post, the Arena team is working on extraordinary changes like described here: https://blog.totalwararena.com/2016/...arge-and-pike/

If you want to keep updates for the patch changes have a look at the official page here: https://blog.totalwararena.com/category/patches/

Spoiler for TW Arena build #6689 - November 2015 - new Map Alpis Graia, improved visuals and other bugfixes

Spoiler for TW Arena build #????- October 2015 - chosen warriors, consumables

Spoiler for TW Arena build #????- October 2015 - destructible deployables and others

Spoiler for TW Arena build #????- September 2015 - new faction unleashed: Arminius

Spoiler for TW Arena build #5862 - September 2015 - UI improvements, CPU requirements improvements, new Map Rubicon, new German faction introduced

Spoiler for TW Arena build #5481 - September 2015 - Fixes and account reset policy revealed

Spoiler for TW Arena build #5120 - August 2015 - Pull-Through Fix and many other things

Spoiler for TW Arena build #4800 - July 2015 - Stability improvements, UI improvements, tactical map overhaul

Spoiler for TW Arena build #4391 - July 2015 - New Map / Server-side patch

I have played this map before, it's really epic! So huge you could even fill with 40 players at once.
    http://eepurl.com/bsIlIT

Spoiler for TW Arena build #4391 - July 2015

Spoiler for TW Arena build #4250 - June 2015

We've just updated the game. This patch will not introduce any game updates, but it is important nevertheless: We are going to stop using SEGA Account and we'll move over to Total War Account, which is the same account that Total War Battles: Kingdom is already using.

This means that you will have to migrate your accounts. Here are detailed instructions on how to migrate:

http://eepurl.com/brkpNX

Migration website:

http://j.mp/arenamigrate

Please also read the FAQ:

http://forum.totalwararena.com/discu...-migration-faq

We're also giving everyone 7,000 Gold to reward you for your migration efforts. Thank you for your continued support!

Spoiler for TW Arena build #4185 - June 2015

Spoiler for TW Arena build #4152 - June 2015

Spoiler for TW Arena build #3915 - June 2015

Spoiler for TW Arena build #3702 - May 2015

Spoiler for TW Arena build #3659 - May 2015

Spoiler for TW Arena build #3531 - May 2015

Spoiler for TW Arena build #3335 - April 2015

We've just deployed a hotfix to Total War: ARENA, which is now live.
    Previously, the launcher was not closing after starting the game client. This was using up unnecessary CPU and RAM resources that resulted in reduced game performance for some users. This is no longer the case.

Spoiler for TW Arena build #3291 - April 2015

We've just deployed a hotfix to Total War: ARENA. A new game client is now available on Steam.
    We have fixed a performance issue with latency that was affecting some users, causing delays in the execution of unit orders. This will not remove delays from all users, but we hope that a lot of you will see improvements.

Spoiler for TW Arena build #3284 - April 2015

Major bugfixes and UI improvements
    Most of the users who could not previously launch the game should now be able to do so! Thanks to all those users who sent in their crash reports.
    Apart from fixing this critical bug, we've mostly focussed on UI improvements and battle gameplay fixes this week.

More Gold
    Bugfix celebration!
    To celebrate fixing a critical bug, we're giving every player who logs in between now and the end of Sunday (GMT) another 5,000 Gold!
    Enjoy this shiny gift! Whether you want to progress faster, pimp your units with exclusive colours, or buy premium units... you can't go wrong.

Launcher Fixed
    Quite a few of you have reported that when you clicked on play in Steam, nothing happened and a crash report was generated. We believe that we've fixed this issue for most users. If it's still occurring for you, please let us know (just answer to this email).

Improved Tooltips
    One of the most-requested UI improvements was to give more information on the tooltips for bothcommander abilities andconsumables. Now you will see precisely what each of them does when you mouse over. For commander abilities, you even get a preview for the next level!

Selection & Control
    We've made several improvements to unit selection. Now you're no longer accidentally selecting enemy units by drag-selecting. Also, we've improved the way you can order your units around buildings, so that in the Salernum map, houses are less likely to prevent you from ordering your troops.

Lag Notification
    We've now introduced a notification that will show you when your battle model is running slow (a CPU related issue) or if your FPS are low (a graphics card related issue). You can turn it on or off by pressing CTRL+F. If that doesn't work for you, you need to set up the shortcut in your settings.

Other Improvements
    • Victory & defeat messages are now less confusing. No more "enemy base captured" when your own base was captured.
    • The starting camera now always looks the way your units are facing
    • Fixed a crash when fauna hits a deployable
    • Bug with consumables that made them non-removable in some instances is fixed
    • Various attacking Testudo bugfixes
    • Metrics improvements, which let us understand better how players interact with the game
    • Carousel UI in various front-end panels now has clearer click areas

Spoiler for TW Arena build #3092 - April 2015

1. Rebalancing of gold prices and progression speed
    2. Flashing the Arena program icon on the taskbar when the game has finished loading to a battle if the game is in the background, to indicate it's time to switch back to the game.
    3. Blue ticks should not be displayed when no units is in squad
    4. Shop: XP conversion - Change conversion steps to increment by 25XP/1Gold5.
    5. Fixes bonus stat assignment for italian spearmen & premium weapons
    6. Iberian Slingers are unlocked with XP instead of gold
    7. Added new arena cursors for FWM, OOR and LOS
    OOR = Out of range
    LOS = Line of sight
    FWM = Fire whilst moving

8. Gold pricing update
    9. Update currency conversion rates: 1 G = 25 XP, 1 G = 100 S
    10. Online: Fix Server was applying additive bonus 3 times per unit
    11. Online: Fix: apply all battles bonuses only after actual battles
    12. Online: Handle out of sync errors for bad events
    13. Online: fixed order of queue to keep required players at beginning of queue
    14. Thermopylae - many bug fixes
    15. Marathon bug fixes
    16. Shop: Added step size on xp conversion (based on xp exchange rate)
    17. Gold XP & Silver conversions use correct conversion rates
    18. Unit Abilities: Unit's passive abilities should be displayed in unit ability list section
    19. Bug Fixes - Unit Tree improvements
    20. Bug Fixes - Default Equipment - When certain equipment is selected the unit's basic equipment cannot be selected
    21. Squad unit tooltip: Fixed sticky tooltip issue (Tooltip does not disappear)
    22. Unit Info Panel: User is not able to change the equipment of squad units during matchmaking
    23. Consumables should not be automatically restocked when selling consumables of unit
    24. Attacking Tesudo does not have a Buff icon when used in battle
    25. The Carpenter consumable for siege equipment doesn't function correctly
    26. Cavalry in entity panel do not update and change colour when they are damaged
    27. Caesar's 'Focus Fire' ability shares same icon graphic as 'Aim' ability
    28. When using Pike Phalanx at a certain distance the unit will turn around rather than face the enemy
    29. Onager is unable to fire at units with the extended range provided by Caesar
    30. Using Attacking Testudo while moving causes the unit to move faster
    31. Deployment timer does not automatically start when the last person loads in
    32. Adding a party member causes readies party member to be kicked
    33. Quick march does not form a marching column unless the unit has reform automatically
    34. Issuing a move order while in quick march causes them to return to normal formation
    35. Opting to send a private message switches to global chat while remaining in party UI
    36. Unable to add free units when the user has zero silver

Detailed stats changes:

http://us10.campaign-archive2.com/?u...&id=62261101fb

Spoiler for TW Arena build #2969 - March 2015

I just wanted to let you know of a few changes we have implemented yesterday and this morning.

Yesterday, we made it more likely that matchmaking finds a fair match in terms of tier distribution. This unfortunately means that you have to wait longer to matchmake, but we think that better matches are more important than waiting one minute longer on average. When there are very few players online, you will still get unbalanced matches, but during the day when there are more players online, you should see more balanced matches. The more players the better (and the shorter the matchmaking time).

We also introduced more Unit XP for battles, as we felt that the progression was a bit slow. Yesterday there was a bug, and you received twice as much bonus as you should have. We changed it this morning to half of what it was last night, which is what it should have been.

Spoiler for TW Arena #???? - December 2014

1. We've enabled the much-requested classic Total War camera controls (note: don't change them in battle or the game will crash).
    2. Additionally, you can now level up your commander beyond Tier 5, but the limitation on units remains.
    3. Last but not least, we've fixed a bug related to commander locking and matchmaking, which should result in fewer issues (even though we're still aware of other bugs around this issue, which we're still working on).

Spoiler for TW Arena #2222 - December 2014

== Gameplay ==
    Alexander's Hammer ability is now available to melee cavalry
    Complete unit tree changes for Rome and Greece
    Complete rebalancing for all units, further reducing differences between unit tiers
    Progression rebalancing, making it less steep at the beginning but overall slower
    Reset of all player profiles

== User Interface ==
    Double-tapping to focus on a unit will not move the camera miles away
    Fixed battle HUD issue with orders having a large dead zone
    Various chat updates, including the battle chat now losing focus when a message is sent
    Closed Alpha watermark and build number now visible
    Consumables panel now has a scrollbar at smaller resolutions
    Fixed inconsistencies in stat display between selecting units in squad or from units list
    Dead units are correctly greyed out in the battle UI
    Dead units are no longer orderable
    Costs of units and consumables should now always be displayed correctly
    Clicking play on the deployment screen locks in the player's position
    Improved unit health heatmap in the battle UI
    Dead players are no longer asked more than once if they want to leave the battle
    Various UI polishing and fixes
    Double-tapping to focus on a unit will not move the camera miles away
    Manual aiming reticule will not expand when moving camera via WASD
    Artilleries won't fire if the target is closer than its minimum range
    Displaying artillery aiming reticule proxy (at the point of last fire order)
    Easier to mouse over battlefield zones. The no-go areas of the cliff edges are no longer blocking it
    Improved deployment to starting positions. Should prevent some units deployed at distant positions if no space
    Small Unit IDs for units far away from the camera

== Art ==
    Several bug fixes for tents, including the removal of floating arrows above them
    Minor bugfixes to the roads and central area in the Salernum map
    Update to leather cuirass model
    Tarantine cavalry model updated
    Updated "play" button visuals
    New unit cards for all units
    Art improvements to the Salernum and Thermopylae maps

== Sound ==
    Updated various sound and music files

== Miscellaneous ==
    Fixed several bugs related to commander locking
    New animation poses for javelin and pike units
    Various client and server optimizations
    Various minor launcher improvements
    More options for us to tweak matchmaking, which will help us improve it in the future
    Game now fetches new server automatically if it's out of date
    Fix for battle results not being displayed if user exits game before receiving them
    Updates to our back-end server and profile management tools
    Bugfixes regarding battle results calculation when the game times out
    Fixed a crash on the frontend when there is no replenishment cost for a unit in the selected squad
    Fixed a crash on some GPUs when changing resolution

Spoiler for TW Arena build #???? - November 2014

1. We just updated our game servers. The fix increases stability of the servers. You should not see any difference in terms of gameplay.

Spoiler for TW Arena build #???? - November 2014

== New Content ==
    Added a new map: Salernum
    “The site of Salernum is a coastal settlement that represented an important base for Etruscan trade with Greek colonies before it was occupied by the Samnites, then later to be supplanted by a Roman castrum. This map combines close quarters combat in the streets of the city surrounded by hills and farmland that present many opportunities for ambush and coordinated assaults.”

== Matchmaking fixes ==
    Fixed several bugs both client related and server side that were causing matchmaking timeouts

== Crash fixes ==
    Fixed SRGB support for certain graphics cards, which was causing the game not to start when clicking play in the launcher for some users
    Fixed crash triggered by using a special ability on empty UI selection
    Fixed a crash on the consumables panel
    Fixed a rare crash on the front end regarding unit abilities

= Bug fixes ==
    Fixed bug with score continuing to increase on the results screen once a game has ended
    Fixed bug with certain active orders causing a crash when returning to frontend
    Fixed a bug regarding the unit tree background displaying seams on high resolutions
    Fixed a bug where UI components are offset and difficult to select when the resolution is changed
    Fixed an issue with the battle results not properly calculating on a timeout
    Fixed a bug regarding SRGB format support when booting the game
    Fixed bug with the display not properly reflecting the logical height map
    Fixed an audio bug on the tactical map regarding the volume/distortion of the sound effects

== Balance and gameplay changes ==
    Balance changes regarding differences between the unit tiers
    Improved the calculation for friendly fire
    Fixed bug regarding shield bash not scaling properly
    Improved calculation of projectiles regarding minimum range and elevation
    Ballista has been reworked, improving accuracy and combat potential

== General changes ==
    Changed balance of certain sound effect triggering during battles
    Closed alpha watermark has been added
    Several text fixes
    Last edited by alQamar; May 01, 2016 at 02:01 PM.
    NEW: Total War Saga: Britannia benchmark thread - last update: 10.05.2018
    HOW-TO-step-up-from-MBR-CSM-LEGACY-BOOT-to-UEFI-GPT
    Many of my past contributions in the time from 2011-2017 will contain content that now show broken links. Unfortunately I had to delete all pictures linked on TWC that were hosted on imageshack.us. Read why
    If you are missing anything of interest, please let me know. Sorry for any inconvinience caused.

SharpEyed's Avatar Be Fair and Thankful!

Default Re: Total War Arena Update history

Hey Sir alQamar, thx for keeping them all here, and for all other stuff about TW: Arena

I'm RaiderTr on Closed Alpha forum and game btw.

Garensterz's Avatar Senator

Damn, I've been wanting to discuss about bugs and maybe some suggestions for the upcoming game per se, but I still can't get a steam key from CA.

I envy you guys.

I've heard a lot of ppl got their keys in minutes.. while we have waited for like a half year and I didn't get any from CA either, thx to TW Tόrkiye that they got few from CA.

Quote Originally Posted by SharpEyed View Post
    I've heard a lot of ppl got their keys in minutes.. while we have waited for like a half year and I didn't get any from CA either, thx to TW Tόrkiye that they got few from CA.
    I keep on seeing you say that, however I don't really know where to go on that website since the language is in "turkish"? How are they doing it though. And what is the procedure to get a serial key to that site?

Quote Originally Posted by Garensterz View Post
    I keep on seeing you say that, however I don't really know where to go on that website since the language is in "turkish"? How are they doing it though. And what is the procedure to get a serial key to that site?
    Well I didn't say you can get one from there too, and Idk what's the procedure either
    But they give some for Youtubers too I guess, and that site is as old as TWC (idk which is older), so I think they should be having some privilege something..

(yea I guess I've mentioned many times, my bad )

alQamar's Avatar Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Garensterz View Post
    Damn, I've been wanting to discuss about bugs and maybe some suggestions for the upcoming game per se, but I still can't get a steam key from CA.

I envy you guys.
    Check your pm man
    Many of my past contributions in the time from 2011-2017 will contain content that now show broken links. Unfortunately I had to delete all pictures linked on TWC that were hosted on imageshack.us. Read why
    If you are missing anything of interest, please let me know. Sorry for any inconvinience caused.

alQamar's Avatar Citizen

Patch 6 is out and hotfix for patch 6 are out.
    Last edited by alQamar; June 18, 2015 at 04:21 PM.

alQamar's Avatar Citizen

Default Re: Total War Arena Update history - last updated 24.06.2015

new update 7 is out, account migration and 7k gold for free check the full changes at the top of the OP.
    Last edited by alQamar; June 24, 2015 at 12:42 PM.

alQamar's Avatar Citizen

Default Re: Total War Arena Update history - last updated 02.07.2015

new major patch for Arena is out. Check the OP.

alQamar's Avatar Citizen

Default Re: Total War Arena Update history - last updated 08.07.2015

new Germania map is out.

alQamar's Avatar Citizen

Default Re: Total War Arena Update history - last updated 08.07.2015

Hi guys, there is another patch out, which brings some really cool news to game. The tactical map aswell as the battle map have been overhauled and looks nice. See all changes in the patch notes.

Default Re: Total War Arena Update history - last updated 25.07.2015

the new battle map is groovy, what im waiting for is a balance patch for archers, to make infantry feel less useless/infinitely kiteable

alQamar's Avatar Citizen

yes, there are still many things to do

alQamar's Avatar Citizen

a new patch is out which finally solves one of the most itching problems Rome 2 and in subsequence Arena has, or better said had.

Pull through is fixed! Yeeehaa!

alQamar's Avatar Citizen

Updated original post contains new patch.

alQamar's Avatar Citizen

Default Re: Total War Arena Update history - last updated 07.09.2015

on the 22th September CA released a major update to Arena. Refer full details in my original post.

alQamar's Avatar Citizen

Default Re: Total War Arena Update history - last updated 11.11.2015

after a long break I am back and I have updated the patch notes in the original post. Arena have made more remarkable steps forward imho.

new patch seemed to fix a lot of the CPU lag. Still can go up to 10 seconds then comes down, but no longer 60+ seconds...

Quote Originally Posted by Dirty Harry View Post
    new patch seemed to fix a lot of the CPU lag. Still can go up to 10 seconds then comes down, but no longer 60+ seconds...
    Indeed, mine too. But maybe because they opened some servers for America (?). Although I am not from there either, but recently I experienced a little to no CPU lag for at least 5 games (actually felt happy playing). Then it all becomes laggy afterwards.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast