Thread: The Big Thread of Little Submods

DarkInterloper's Avatar Campidoctor

Default The Big Thread of Little Submods

This thread is intended to serve as a repository of those "little submods"- the various tiny file tweaks, minor edits, and so on, that have appeared and disappeared so commonly throughout this forum. Quite a few were quite useful or quite cool, but were not posted beyond their OP and have since been lost in the archives. If you happen to be perusing an old thread, and find a neat tweak or submod someone posted and was subsequently lost to history, please add it to this thread-while you're at it, if you have any minor submods you feel would expand the experience of playing Hyrule: Total War, feel feel to post them here.
    Here is an example, a file tweak by Eldren which has helped in my Labrynna campaign.

For those who are having trouble with religious unrest as the Labrynna Regime. I'll tell you how you can make a anti-religious building to counter it.

First you need to go to the "export_buildings" file. fond in your mod/HTW/data/text.
    Look for this in that file.
    {gohma_mind_node_name} Hive Extension
    {mind_node} Mind Node
    {mind_node_desc} Mind Nodes extend the will of the Gohma across vast distances and help maintain their coodination and efficiency.
    {mind_node_desc_short} Mind Nodes extend the will of the Gohma across vast distances and help maintain their coodination and efficiency.

Now add this just under that last line above.
    {mind_node_labrynna} Schools
    {mind_node_labrynna_desc} A place of learning for the People. That teaches life skills and other useful things to the masses. Including the belief that everything can be explained through science and that nothing is out of reach.
    {mind_node_labrynna_desc_short}A place of learning for the People. That teaches life skills and other useful things to the masses. Including the belief that everything can be explained through science and that nothing is out of reach.

Second step.

Next you need to go to the "export_descr_buildings" file. fond in your mod/HTW/data.

Look for this in that file.
    building gohma_mind_node
    {
    religion pagan
    levels mind_node
    {
    mind_node requires factions { gohma, }
    {
    capability
    {
    religion_level bonus 2
    amplify_religion_level 1.5
    law_bonus bonus 2
    happiness_bonus bonus 2
    population_growth_bonus 1
    population_health_bonus 1
    }
    material stone
    construction 1
    cost 500
    settlement_min village
    upgrades
    {
    }
    }
    }
    plugins
    {
    }
    }

Make it look like this. I put the changes in red.
    building gohma_mind_node
    {
    religion pagan
    levels mind_node
    {
    mind_node requires factions { gohma, labrynna, }
    {
    capability
    {
    religion_level bonus 2
    amplify_religion_level 1.5
    law_bonus bonus 2
    happiness_bonus bonus 2
    population_growth_bonus 1
    population_health_bonus 1
    }
    material stone
    construction 1
    cost 500
    settlement_min village
    upgrades
    {
    }
    }
    }
    plugins
    {
    }
    }

If you did it right. Labrynna should have a new building that they can build. Called Schools.

Now enjoy having less or no religious unrest as the Labrynna Regime.

Cheers.
    Last edited by DarkInterloper; June 03, 2015 at 04:31 PM.

Default Re: The Big Thread of Little Submods

Excellent idea! Shall we start digging for more mini-submods?
    Taram Chalco - Elizabeth Westcliffe - Kesaris - Erika Homewood - Kalian Benton Galhansen

--The Infinite Notebook of Perpetually Unfinished Squirrel Sketches--

I'm planning to go on a forum scavenger hunt in the next few days and find as many as I can. Poor Eldren had a few of theirs left to rot in the CP thread if I remember correctly
    I'm currently editing the wiki and kind of burned out on reading lots of text, so probably not tonight...

Quote Originally Posted by DarkInterloper View Post
    I'm planning to go on a forum scavenger hunt in the next few days and find as many as I can. Poor Eldren had a few of theirs left to rot in the CP thread if I remember correctly
    I'm currently editing the wiki and kind of burned out on reading lots of text, so probably not tonight...
    Thanks DarkInterloper. It would be great if all those Little Submods could be compiled for all to see and use. And not just mine.

the homeland security/exploration outpost: It was planned that you could switch betwen them but you cann aparently not downgard a building that how i did solve it
    open the EDB Search: lab_training
    Ad what is in red
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    building lab_training
    {
    levels lab_explore lab_homeland
    {
    lab_explore requires factions { labrynna, }
    {
    capability
    {
    recruit_pool "Borderguards" 1 0.2 2 0 requires factions { labrynna, }
    recruit_pool "Pioneers" 1 0.2 2 0 requires factions { labrynna, } and building_present_min_level hinterland_issettlement issettlement_2
    recruit_pool "Pathfinders" 1 0.2 2 0 requires factions { labrynna, } and building_present_min_level hinterland_issettlement issettlement_2
    }
    material wooden
    construction 2
    cost 500
    settlement_min village
    upgrades
    {
    lab_homeland
    }
    }
    lab_homeland requires factions { labrynna, } and building_present_min_level hinterland_issettlement issettlement_2
    {
    capability
    {
    recruit_pool "Borderguards" 1 0.2 2 0 requires factions { labrynna, }
    recruit_pool "Pioneers" 1 0.2 2 0 requires factions { labrynna, } and building_present_min_level hinterland_issettlement issettlement_2
    recruit_pool "Pathfinders" 1 0.2 2 0 requires factions { labrynna, } and building_present_min_level hinterland_issettlement issettlement_2

recruit_pool "Homeguards" 1 0.2 2 0 requires factions { labrynna, }
    recruit_pool "Knights of Ambi" 1 0.2 2 0 requires factions { labrynna, } and building_present_min_level hinterland_issettlement issettlement_3
    recruit_pool "Palace Watch" 1 0.2 2 0 requires factions { labrynna, } and building_present_min_level hinterland_issettlement issettlement_3
    }
    material stone
    construction 3
    cost 500
    settlement_min village
    upgrades
    {
    }
    }
    }
    plugins
    {
    }
    }

@Gebilde
    Nice! You continue to impress with your fixes!

One idea I had was, with the creator of these small fixes permissions', possibly compiling a mini community-patch to tide over until the next once (if there is a next one...)

SirMark9's Avatar Tiro

@ DarkInterloper

Hey now, just because I don't post does not mean I don't read the boards!

Yes, I am late on the "last community patch", which was originally slated before the end of May. As of late I have been occupied with nursing a member of the household who is recovering from surgery.

If you like to take over completely, I can send over my notes and what little I have for Community Patch 8.
    Hibernation State: Playing Nintendo games and working on personal projects.

Im sorry to hear that @sirmark hope there okay

I wouldnt mind taking over for the next patch ill have a bit of free time over the next few weeks so if u want to pm me your noted then i wouldnt mind trying to make it. I cant guarentee it will be good though

SirMark9's Avatar Tiro

Quote Originally Posted by tedster1995 View Post
    Im sorry to hear that @sirmark hope there okay

I wouldnt mind taking over for the next patch ill have a bit of free time over the next few weeks so if u want to pm me your noted then i wouldnt mind trying to make it. I cant guarentee it will be good though
    I'll just put the attachment here instead.

I fear I have not yet started on the actual implementation of "Community Patch 8", I just have my notes and plans to do so.

Any assistance on this matter would be appreciated.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Hibernation State: Playing Nintendo games and working on personal projects.

Quote Originally Posted by SirMark9 View Post
    @ DarkInterloper

Hey now, just because I don't post does not mean I don't read the boards!

Yes, I am late on the "last community patch", which was originally slated before the end of May. As of late I have been occupied with nursing a member of the household who is recovering from surgery.

If you like to take over completely, I can send over my notes and what little I have for Community Patch 8.
    Apologies SirMark9, I was not criticizing the lack of a new patch, I was under the impression you had moved on and left in in the hands of someone else. I hope your family member recovers.