Greetings,

So, I just installed this mod, my first ever mod for Empire Total War, and I can't seem to figure out what I'm doing wrong. Playing as Prussia I've tried several battles and yet my units miss literally every single shot they make. The most recent was an assault on the province of Riga, owned by Sweden. Everything went pretty normally, split my 11 infantry (Mix of Fusiliers and Musketeers) to assault the fort from the west, east and south. AI moves all of their units to the west, routes my infantry that are scaling the wall on that side, but the other two sides get up mostly unscathed.

Then it gets a little strange.

So I order my men to open fire, which they do with glee. They fire again and again, smoke covers the battlefield, bullets litter the fort. One volley, two volleys, three volleys.

Not a single man is dead so far, on my side or theirs.

"Alright", Says I, "They must be too disorganised to hit the broad side of a barn even at the 10 metres away that they are. Well, whatever." So I tell my men to stop firing and just sit there.

After getting back to the `Active' state, I tell them to open fire again.

Five volleys, two enemy infantry dead.

"Alright," Says I, yet again, "I guess forts are bugged. Let's get down into the courtyard." And so I do. Two infantry units run down to the courtyard, lining up barely five yards from their general who seems to be having a lovely picnic in the centre of Riga amidst all this smoke and fire.

"Oh, ETW AI, you fool" I say with glee, fully expecting their general to be torn apart by my infantry. Only 8 horses, and I have nearly 240 men ready to open fire. There was a slight spring in my finger, and I right clicked, I tell you.

It seems like every unit save the last row fires. I'm giving a rough estimate of 200 muskets unleashing hell from less than five yards away, onto their poor General unit who doesn't yet seem to understand the danger.

Not. One. Kill.

All amusement is gone by this point. I tell my all my infantry to charge with melee. Apparently my units on the walls of the fort have fired too much, since they break the moment I tell them to charge. My two infantry in the courtyard manage to actually engage in melee combat before breaking.

I can only conclude that I've installed it wrong somehow.