View Poll Results: Custom nations/Random nations?

Voters
15. You may not vote on this poll
  • Custom Nations and Random Nations

6 40.00%
  • Custom Nations and Default Nations

2 13.33%
  • Default Nations and Default Nations

4 26.67%
  • Abstain (hehe)

3 20.00%
Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: EUIV Multiplayer VIII Common Sense

Default Re: EUIV Multiplayer VIII Common Sense

Yeah I've seen that too. I abstained last vote, but in such a scenario with this bug I think is prefer completely historical. As opposed to partly historical where you can just for example cut France in two pieces to make them easier to eat. So if you guys do change to fully historical, I'd like to be switzerland.

Id still need a sub though. Abbs? Poach? Who else dropped?

Cryers-'s Avatar Semisalis

I'm also in favour of historical.

I agree with point Pat points out, and I'd like to play as Sweden, France or Austria if we do switch.

High Chunker Greens's Avatar Protector Domesticus

I don't care either way, I'm playing a horde with or without the custom nations, but if it means we get more players then I'd rather stick with historical.

Khan Greens lol

Musthavename's Avatar Bunneh Ressurection
    Somewhere in the room you're currently in.

Quote Originally Posted by Pat89 View Post
    As opposed to partly historical where you can just for example cut France in two pieces to make them easier to eat.
    You can do this in random as well, just not to the same degree. Namely, you can often "isolate" costly provinces without taking them, knowing that given an isolated province it's very likely to be a OPM. I did this last game to avoid taking the expensive provinces with trade modifiers in Crimea.
    Give a man a fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of the day.
    Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Thats still only single (high-value) provinces though. With historical nations and this many custom nations basically every existing power will be cut apart. At least with random AI nations you'll have custom nations between the players that are capable of putting up a fight. So for me is either full custom or full historical. Given the bug with custom we can either wait and hope for a patch or just go historical. Frankly given my personal situation i wouldn't mind waiting but I'm sure I'm the only one who has that opinion

Ciciro's Avatar Protector Domesticus

I would also be fine with historical. Seeing as I have not played the game since November, I really have no idea what custom ideas to pick.

Lord Romanus III's Avatar Primicerius

We can just figure it out in chat before the game starts.

Because I won't be there in chat, I vote for full historical.

Quote Originally Posted by Nelon View Post
    I'll give a gameplay breakdown of what happened and then a follow-up that is country specific (Ottoman player) for those who lurk.

We decided to go historical nations. We had France, Aragon, Poland, Golden Horde, Sweden, England, Burgundy, Austria, and Genoa at the start. Aragon dropped after being invaded mid-war and lots of miscommunication by France. Poland died when invading the Teutonic Order, getting hit with allegedly 50k pretenders in Lithuania and a sizeable Ruthenian rebellion, with all armies getting wiped (TO might've had a military tech up on him randomly). Golden Horde player swapped after we did a rehost because Poland dropped, with him switching to Timurids and then releasing and playing as Persia, but he also dropped after hardship. The Burgundian player (host) lost his unions and swapped out to the Teutonic Order, with the Polish player having moved to Portugal.

Ottoman moves:
    - Invaded Byzantium and Albania, sieging and taking Istanbul and Albania. Athens was taken as an Ottoman vassal and given southern Greece.
    - Reclaimed our cores, killing Ramazan, Dulkadir, Candar, and Karaman (all Anatolian minors). Aq Qoyunlu was also conquered for a core and two other provinces.
    - A thousand gold was given to the Golden Horde, with the intent to bolster them against a then strong Poland.
    - Qara Qoyunlu was invaded for our core, along with the entire western border. Iraq was released as a three province nation, under Ottoman vassalization.
    - Wallachia was invaded at the same time as Qara Qoyunlu, which was conquered and turned into a vassal.
    - Genoa traded Chios for a small sum of 100 gold.
    -The Mamluks lost the Levantine coastline, all the way down to Jerusalem.
    - (Game was rehosted, Polish player went to Portugal, Golden Horde to Timurids, Burgundy to Teutonic Order)
    - Timurids seized part of Mesopotamia, so we gained access through Qara Qoyunlu and invaded them for our vassal's claims. Two years of marching east against almost no resistance resulted in the Ottoman seizure of that area. The Timurids were militarily inferior by technological standards and lacked manpower and money to do anything.
    - Qara Qoyunlu was invaded and it lost more land to Iraq, completing that nation and pushing the horde back into Azerbaijan/Armenian lands only.
    - Serbia invaded at the same time as our invasion of Qara Qoyunlu, costing them their border provinces of Serbia, Kosovo, and Nis.
    - A second war with the Mamluks resulted in the Ottoman seizure of more of the Levant.
    - The Ottomans also claimed Negroponte from Venice, gifting it to Athens. Genoa followed this with the trade of Caffa for 200 gold, as per Ottoman request.
    - Poland was invaded, with it already having been embroiled in a war against the Teutonic Order and Austria, causing it to lose all of Moldavia, which went to Wallachia.
    - Georgia invaded, costing it the entire Black Sea coastline.

During all of this, investments were made in manpower, production, and a conversion of the Balkans to Islam. Greek was lost as an accepted culture, but Humanism will be acquired later to remedy this. Influence was our first idea group (lots of big vassals). Forts were rearranged to protect the coast and the capitol, with many barracks constructed to boost manpower further. A fleet of galleys was created, being the strongest fleet in the game. Finally, the Ottoman army remains at the front of technological advances, using about fifteen mercenary regiments without strain on the treasury. Expansion is expected to continue northward, south, and east -- nothing remains in our way that can stop us in the last two directions. Westward expansion will be minimal, likely conquering the last Balkan states.

So I take it no switzerland has been reserved, awesome. Also sounds like a smooth start.

Is something in Scandinavia still a realistic option to take over?

So I take it no switzerland has been reserved, awesome. Also sounds like a smooth start.

Is something in Scandinavia still a realistic option to take over?
    We have Cryers on Sweden already.

We've never reserved nations on the first session for those that aren't here unless they had a sub. That said, Switzerland is still alive and independent and has all the provinces it started with. Good open spots are Castille, Low Countries/Burgundy/North-West Germany and Muscowy from what I can see.

England united the British Isles that session, whose definition has been extended to account for all the islands in the North Sea. Didn't do much else other than help save Portugal.

Kaiser Quanah's Avatar Libertus

Sorry about missing the first session guys, it was Father's Day and I was out eating with my grandfather. Is The Hansa in a good situation at the moment for me to select them, or would I be better off going elsewhere?
    Big Iron on his hip

Holger Danske's Avatar Comes Limitis

I might be interested in this

Quote Originally Posted by Musthavename View Post
    We've never reserved nations on the first session for those that aren't here unless they had a sub. That said, Switzerland is still alive and independent and has all the provinces it started with. Good open spots are Castille, Low Countries/Burgundy/North-West Germany and Muscowy from what I can see.
    Not really interested in any of those. Maybe Spain but meh.
    Last edited by Pat89; June 22, 2015 at 03:31 PM.

Actually, are there any nations in North west-ish Germany that are a bit more than an opm?

Link is an upload of the save for those who missed the session and want to take a look at nations.

http://www.filedropper.com/twcmp8session1

Player nations are: England, France, Portugal, Genoa, Austria, Sweden, Teutonic Order, Ottomans. Key openings are effectively Castille, Muscowy and Netherlands, but there's room in Eastern Europe / North-West Germany in general. A Berber State (e.g. Morrocco) might also be an option.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiser Quanah View Post
    Sorry about missing the first session guys, it was Father's Day and I was out eating with my grandfather. Is The Hansa in a good situation at the moment for me to select them, or would I be better off going elsewhere?
    Hansa is seemingly fine. They've just taken some land so I'm not sure if they're hated or not. They've taken Trade Ideas but I don't think anyone would mind save editting some things like that if you'd prefer.

Actually, are there any nations in North west-ish Germany that are a bit more than an opm?
    There's a reasonable Brunswick but they've got terribly low development (45). Liege is reasonable (91) and Hansa isn't shabby (72). Holland is also independent (45). For comparison, Burgundy has 167 development and has Flanders (56) in a union.
    Last edited by Musthavename; June 22, 2015 at 03:48 PM.

If anyone wants to take Burgundy (France's ally, lul) then i'll help them form Netherlands.