Thread: Choppiness during Battles

Default Choppiness during Battles

I have a great PC, brand new, but am having a probably with graphics. Basically, the battles look good and there isn't really any lag. When I keep my screen still the battles look great with zero lag, same if I swivel the screen with my mouse. However, if I move around using the arrow keys (especially zoomed out) it stutters like crazy. It's pretty annoying.

Everything is on high but I can't see why my PC would have problems with this. Anyone know what's causing this? I'll grab the newest drivers for my video card later but again, I shouldn't have to.

Suggestions?

Default Re: Choppiness during Battles

First of all, Regardless of any hardware you have you should always run the latest drivers.

With that said -- Shadows are posing a huge impact on the framerate regardless of how high end your hardware is. I dont think there is a system available that can max out the full details of this game.

Try turning the shadows off temporarily and see if that fixes your problem.

Built the PC like a month ago, drivers are a month old...not a big deal usually.

Anyway, I've been reading that as well but I find it weird the only time it stutters is when I move around the map with the arrow keys. Just watching the battles gives me no slowdowns but when I move around it's laggy. Odd, I'll just the shadows when I get home though.

Please post your specs of your computer, and if the VC is ATI, then I need to contact Shaun as some ATI cards cannot handle M2TW and he will be best to handle the situation.
    Create a Multiplayer Army Online at: www.shogun2armycreator.netne.net
    Your Unofficial Shogun 2 Tech Support Genius
    Visit my Youtube Channel
    Shogun 2 and Star Wars: The Old Republic Gameplay

http://www.youtube.com/itsmymillertime

Conroe e6300
    2GB PC6400
    nVidia 7900 GTO (at GTX speeds)

Those are the essentials.

dont forget, when you're using the arrow keys to move around.. it has to redraw everything (landscape included)

as opposed to sitting still and watching the fight, only the models have to be redrawn. When you're redrawing models + landscape it takes more power.

Download the 93.71 drivers and did you install DX9 from the DVD?
    Create a Multiplayer Army Online at: www.shogun2armycreator.netne.net
    Your Unofficial Shogun 2 Tech Support Genius
    Visit my Youtube Channel
    Shogun 2 and Star Wars: The Old Republic Gameplay

http://www.youtube.com/itsmymillertime

ProudNerd's Avatar Decanus
    The front lines searching for glory and honor.

Quote Originally Posted by spymoose View Post
    Built the PC like a month ago, drivers are a month old...not a big deal usually.

Anyway, I've been reading that as well but I find it weird the only time it stutters is when I move around the map with the arrow keys. Just watching the battles gives me no slowdowns but when I move around it's laggy. Odd, I'll just the shadows when I get home though.
    for a game that just came out drivers are a massicve deal you shoudl serch for all appy up dates to your graphics and motherboard drivers whenever you can find them you almost always gte some kind of benefit or performace boost. the 87 series drivers i rememebr gave me about 5 more fps on rtw on my old sempy.

Why would you want to overclock a celeron? It woudl only make it suck faster...
    A day without blood is like a day without sunshine.
    Member of S.I.N.