Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Highgarden, Seat of House Tyrell

Iron Aquilifer's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Default Highgarden, Seat of House Tyrell

Lying on the Mander, Highgarden is the regional capital of the Reach. Formerly the seat of House Gardener, Highgarden was granted to House Tyrell after they submitted to Aegon the Conqueror after the Field of Fire. Stewards of the castle, the Tyrells were promoted to the most powerful house in the Reach and one of the most influential in Westeros. Filled with grove, fountains and the famous briar labyrinth, Highgarden is one of the more attractive castles in the realm.

Buildings

Barracks Chain: T3
    Keep Expansions Chain: T1 - T2 UC
    Citywatch Chain: T2 - T3 UC
    Market Chain: T4
    Wall Defenses Chain:
    Riverport Chain: T1 - T2 UC
    Whisper House Chain: T3

Trade

Regional Product: Fruits (+1 persuasion, 600 land levy)
    Trade Lane One: Royce (stone)
    Trade Lane Two: Darry (grain)
    Trade Lane Three: Merchant edict

Retinue

None

Alla Tyrell, Lady of the Reach

Born: 104AC
    Traits: 3 wealth; 4 charisma; 1 survival; 1 joust
    Bio: Third-born daughter of Leo Tyrell, Alla Tyrell was a girl of unsurpassed beauty. Even from a young age a hundred suitors vied for her hand. Knights dueling in the courtyards of Highgarden on a daily basis for the chance of merely gaining an audience with the girl. And it was not just the vassals and household knights who became so transfixed by her radiance. Her cousin, the dashing knight Gareth Tyrell, sought her attention. Enamored by her beauty and sharp mind, Gareth urged her to begin a relationship with him. Initially unwilling to be no more than a mistress for her Lord Paramount cousin, Alla accepted her cousin's marriage proposal before all of the great lords of the Reach. Bearing a son for him, Alla took over the ruling of the realm with Gareth's failing health after a jousting accident. When he died on his son's first birthday, Alla had already taken over running the Lord Paramouncy as effectively as any lord.

Leo Tyrell, Master of Horse

Born: 73AC
    Traits: 3 battle; 2 logistician; 3 survival; 2 scout; 2 pathfinder; 1 joust; 1 charisma
    Bio: A second-son destined to serve, Leo always had an aptitude for the life of nobility. It did take him years to truly understand that he would never come to inherit the great castle of his family, leading him to become the next best thing to Lord Tyrell: Master of Horse. In the heartland of chivalry, such a position had prestige unlike in any other region. Becoming the symbol of Tyrell military might, Leo took it upon himself to train up with the best blades in the household. Spending years studying both Westerosi and Essosi warfare, the future Master of Horse learned of the advantages in faster-moving armies, of keeping supply chains as short as possible, of never moving to the tune of the enemy. He remains Alla's staunchest supporter, if at odds with her whispered suggestions of openly giving Rhaenyra her fealty.

Harlen Tyrell, the Red Rose

Born: 96AC
    Traits: 2 Battle; 2 duel; 2 survival; 2 capture; 1 joust; 1 charisma
    Bio: Second-born son of the late Lord Tyrell, Harlen never truly took up his duty of serving Highgarden, instead choosing to pursue the life of a Hedge Knight. Fighting for coin, bread or his life, Harlen traveled the length and breadth of Westeros. On his travels the Tyrell nobleman is reportedly to have sired numerous bastards on some prominent ladies, the offspring never being recognized. Harlen has striven to ensure that his trueborn children to Lady Grimm will get the best of life, and in order to do that, he has given his cousin-sister and nephew his unfaltering loyalty.

Theodore Tyrell, the Stalk

Born: 98AC
    Traits: +1 Joust; +2 Charisma; +2 Wealth; +2 Battle; +1 Pillager; +1 Survival; +1 Logistician
    Bio: The forgotten third-born son of Lord Osmund Tyrell, Theodore has always been seen as a pale shadow of his eldest brother. A man, angry not at his place in life but at those whose ambition exceeds their station. It is with an almost unnerving passion that he goes about his duties as Castellan of Highgarden, a post he has held for almost eight years now. Standing over six foot four, Theodore has earned his epithet for towering over most men. This has given him a surprisingly powerful aura about his person, earning him a reputation for being a solid and dependable highborn knight and fighter.

Tree

Note: all ages are correct at 129AC

Guthor Tyrell
    , (81)
    - his wife, Lady Eddera Footly (80)

- Osmund Tyrell, (59)
    -- his wife, Lady Florent (61)
    --- their children
    ---- Gareth Tyrell (35)
    ----- his wife, Alla Tyrell (21)
    ------ their son, Lyonel Tyrell (2)
    ---- Harlen Tyrell (33)
    ----- his wife, Lady Grimm (30)
    ------ their children
    ------- Mace (9)
    ------- Margaery (8)
    ---- Theodore Tyrell (30)
    ------ his children:
    ------- Luthor Flowers (10)
    ------- Leonette Flowers (7)
    ------- Olenna Flowers (4)

- Leo Tyrell, Knight, Master of Horse (56)
    -- his wife, Lady Taena Fossoway (48)
    --- their children:
    ---- Elinor (29)
    ----- her husband, Florian Redwyne
    ---- Robert (27)
    ---- Alla (25)

- Janna Tyrell, (52)
    -- her husband, Alester Grimm

Megga Tyrell, (75)
    - her husband, Alekeyne Tarly

Levies
    - 150 Elite Cavalry (Household)
    10,300 (7,500 + 600 + 1,200 + 1000)
    - 675 Heavy Cavalry
    - 1,500 Light Cavalry
    - 1,000 Heavy Infantry
    - 1,500 Archers
    - 1,000 Polearms
    - 1,775 Light Infantry

Garrison

200 Heavy Infantry
    900 Light Infantry
    200 Polearm Infantry
    300 Archers

Last edited by Iron Aquilifer; July 19, 2015 at 05:05 AM.

Trot's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

Default Re: Highgarden, Seat of House Tyrell

A raven arrives from house Royce offering to trade Stone from the Vale for fruits.

Lord Alester Grimm comes with a retinue of twenty Knights, most more scraggly than would be considered knightly, with two of his sons Uthor and Belial. He brings with him his wife back to her home and awaits audience with Lady Tyrell

Quote Originally Posted by Zeus Almighty View Post
    Lord Alester Grimm comes with a retinue of twenty Knights, most more scraggly than would be considered knightly, with two of his sons Uthor and Belial. He brings with him his wife back to her home and awaits audience with Lady Tyrell
    Alla dressed in a simple gown of violet and blue, her hair allowed to cascade down to her side. She rose from her oak throne when the visitors neared, offering a hand to kiss and a smile to display her pleasure at their arrival.

Dear Lord Grimm! It has been too long.

Pericles of Athens's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

A raven arrives from Darry accepting trade.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Aquilifer View Post
    Alla dressed in a simple gown of violet and blue, her hair allowed to cascade down to her side. She rose from her oak throne when the visitors neared, offering a hand to kiss and a smile to display her pleasure at their arrival.

Dear Lord Grimm! It has been too long.
    Lord Alester hailed the Lady Alla as his arms rose to his sides. He took her hand in one and kissed and kept the other out. It has indeed been too long! These days one hand is simply for balance. He laughed heartily You may not remember my boys, Uthor and Lyonel. Uthor is the giant with the beard and Belial is...well the bald one.
    He said and laughed foolishly.

Belial's grin looked almost like a grimace as he did so only slightly but bowed deeply to Lady Alla, and Uthor payed the same bow but his smile was much broader. Uthor was clad in chain mail but over it was ornate cloth with the sigil of house Grimm adorning it. Belial was in leathers with his house sigil also in the leather.

Lord Alester hailed the Lady Alla as his arms rose to his sides. He took her hand in one and kissed and kept the other out. It has indeed been too long! These days one hand is simply for balance. He laughed heartily You may not remember my boys, Uthor and Lyonel. Uthor is the giant with the beard and Belial is...well the bald one.
    He said and laughed foolishly.

Belial's grin looked almost like a grimace as he did so only slightly but bowed deeply to Lady Alla, and Uthor payed the same bow but his smile was much broader. Uthor was clad in chain mail but over it was ornate cloth with the sigil of house Grimm adorning it. Belial was in leathers with his house sigil also in the leather.
    It will be a sad day when I forget my cousins. A pleasure to have you beneath my in my humble home. She took a moment to size both of the younger men up, running her tongue gently over her upper lip. Wine and fruits will be brought, come, let us retire somewhere more befitting our relationship.

Turning away, Alla led the Grimms to a spacious balcony where food and drink had already been laid out. Calling on her senshal to call off all of the visitors who had gathered to see her, Alla took a seat.

What is it that you wished to see me about uncle? Surely it was not just a moment of weakneds. Her laugh was soft.

It will be a sad day when I forget my cousins. A pleasure to have you beneath my in my humble home. She took a moment to size both of the younger men up, running her tongue gently over her upper lip. Wine and fruits will be brought, come, let us retire somewhere more befitting our relationship.

Turning away, Alla led the Grimms to a spacious balcony where food and drink had already been laid out. Calling on her senshal to call off all of the visitors who had gathered to see her, Alla took a seat.

What is it that you wished to see me about uncle? Surely it was not just a moment of weakneds. Her laugh was soft.
    Alesters laugh was loud and full, a complete opposite of Alla's. He took a seat only after Alla had and his sons after him. His bones cracked as he sat, his age was recently starting to get the better of him. Belial was the last to sit, he was a slightly paranoid man and kept scanning around before sitting. He took a bite of the food before Uthor did however, to ease his mind.
    I wish that I had come just to see you my sweet Lady. But alas, if I had I would have left Uthor to handle Shield affairs. But we are both here aren't we. Uthor, I am going to take a few bites here, speak with your dear cousin for gods sakes.

Uthor nodded his head to his father. Uthor sat proudly and straight. Now into his thirties there wasn't anything about him that said common man. He held himself as an important Lord although the truth of that was somewhat skewed. Lady Alla, I am sorry to tax you about this. As a matter of fact I asked that we do not, but my father is an ever cautios man. We were at the feast my lady. Since then whispers of discord has continued to reach our ears but we tried to shut them out. But at some point a Lord must begin to prepare for the worst.

Alesters laugh was loud and full, a complete opposite of Alla's. He took a seat only after Alla had and his sons after him. His bones cracked as he sat, his age was recently starting to get the better of him. Belial was the last to sit, he was a slightly paranoid man and kept scanning around before sitting. He took a bite of the food before Uthor did however, to ease his mind.
    I wish that I had come just to see you my sweet Lady. But alas, if I had I would have left Uthor to handle Shield affairs. But we are both here aren't we. Uthor, I am going to take a few bites here, speak with your dear cousin for gods sakes.

Uthor nodded his head to his father. Uthor sat proudly and straight. Now into his thirties there wasn't anything about him that said common man. He held himself as an important Lord although the truth of that was somewhat skewed. Lady Alla, I am sorry to tax you about this. As a matter of fact I asked that we do not, but my father is an ever cautios man. We were at the feast my lady. Since then whispers of discord has continued to reach our ears but we tried to shut them out. But at some point a Lord must begin to prepare for the worst.
    Offering a smile as her uncle took a step back from the conversation, Alla fixed her eyes on the man who was her son's uncle.

The feast for the King's nameday? She had dressed up for that, taken time away from her sweet boy to attend that. The conduct of many there was not befitting such an occasion. I left before many. A shameful display by many there. But what is the issue which worries you so?

A raven arrives at Highgarden, for Lady Alla Tyrell.

To my fair Lady of Highgarden, greetings.

I pray you and your darling boy are both well, despite the unhappy present circumstances. I write to my ladyship to ask your leave to pay you a visit, at the earliest opportunity.

By his own hand, Jacaerys of Houses Velaryon and Targaryen, Prince of Dragonstone.

Lucius Malfoy's Avatar Pure-Blood
    Citizen

OOC: Not sure if you missed this.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucius Malfoy View Post
    A flock of ravens from the Red Keep bound for the Reach, the Westerlands, the Stormlands and the Riverlands. The letter brings the proclamation of Aegon's elevation to his rightful inheritance as Lord of the Seven Kingdoms. It also brings the sad tidings of Viserys's untimely yet peaceful death during the night. Lastly, it issues a warning that Ser Steffon Darklyn had escaped with the crown of Viserys with his estimated destination being pointed at Dragonstone. Aegon wishes for fealty and oaths of allegiance to the true heir of the Iron Throne in exchange for rewards. Among these rewards would be seats upon the Small Council. The King states that vacant positions in the Master of Ships, Master of Law and Master of Whispers are available to those who wish to be rewarded for their loyalty and fealty to Aegon II.
    Gaming Director for the Gaming Staff
    Gaming Director for the Play-by-Post Subforum and the RPG Shed

Offering a smile as her uncle took a step back from the conversation, Alla fixed her eyes on the man who was her son's uncle.

The feast for the King's nameday? She had dressed up for that, taken time away from her sweet boy to attend that. The conduct of many there was not befitting such an occasion. I left before many. A shameful display by many there. But what is the issue which worries you so?

Uthor sat forward, the amusement of his father of food and drink was clearly not in them. There was more than childish games being played my Lady. A raven was also sent out. A raven, essentially putting the Kingdom on notice. Surely you've read it. It reached the Shield after we left and my brother sent a rider immediately after. He caught us on the rode here.

As Uthor spoke Alester ate to content. He listened to the conversation but let the future of the Reach handle itself. He knew his son to be a smart man and would allow him to speak on behalf of the Shield. Belial hated these matters, on his mind was whether or not he would be going to war. Plain and simple.

Uthor sat forward, the amusement of his father of food and drink was clearly not in them. There was more than childish games being played my Lady. A raven was also sent out. A raven, essentially putting the Kingdom on notice. Surely you've read it. It reached the Shield after we left and my brother sent a rider immediately after. He caught us on the rode here.

As Uthor spoke Alester ate to content. He listened to the conversation but let the future of the Reach handle itself. He knew his son to be a smart man and would allow him to speak on behalf of the Shield. Belial hated these matters, on his mind was whether or not he would be going to war. Plain and simple.
    The king's death? A shame indeed. However we all knew that his time was up, poor man. What is the problem? The son has been raised up to the throne and his elder sister has claimed the throne for herself. You want to.k know when the banners will be called? When the reach is mustered for war? There are dragons on both sides. I have read in to great detail of the Field of Fire, the fate of Harrenhal, the Last Storm. Dragons are death and I will not risk my son's life - your lord's life - for someone else's throne. What I will do, is ensure that my vassals remain loyal. Anything other than servitude is treason. Ser Leo knows how to deal with traitors.

She paused, allowing the smile to fade a little.

What course would my dear cousin wish to take?

Uthor Grimm smiled as Alla Tyrells faded. He thought it a redeeming quality of his and it became a reflex, smiling when others did not. We are men from a simple world Lady Tyrell. The Ironborn come, and we fight. This fight is different however. What we want to know dear cousin, is when WHO comes, do we unsheath our swords? Uthor sat calmly. He couldn't care less which side he picked in the fight, if his father cared he never said a word about it. His only concern is that he and Highgarden saw eye to eye on the matter.

Uthor Grimm smiled as Alla Tyrells faded. He thought it a redeeming quality of his and it became a reflex, smiling when others did not. We are men from a simple world Lady Tyrell. The Ironborn come, and we fight. This fight is different however. What we want to know dear cousin, is when WHO comes, do we unsheath our swords? Uthor sat calmly. He couldn't care less which side he picked in the fight, if his father cared he never said a word about it. His only concern is that he and Highgarden saw eye to eye on the matter.
    Alla nodded. It pleases me to know that I have friends who remember their oaths. However I cannot say that I know who is deserving of the loyalty of Highgarden, dear cousin. Viserys named Rhaenyra yet does a son not come before a daughter? I must do what is best for my son, my kin of Grimm. At the moment, that means remaining aloft of the dragonflame.

She paused, draining a small cup of water. Speaking of her son made her wish that she could visit him again. He was growing quickly.

I will call a meeting of the lords. I value the wisdom of my vassals in such uncertain times. What I will not​ permit is lords defying my will. Highgarden will make the final decision and those who do not accept it, or indeed do not even attempt to join the meeting will be judged harshly.

This time Alester let out a chuckle. He shook his head and ignored the food a bit to rejoin the conversation. A meeting of Lords you say my Lady? Let us examine the situation Lady Alla. On one side is Allicent Hightower. I say her because Aegon's claim is of little consequence to some and it is his wife that will stir Reach Lords to his cause. His claim is substantiated by the loins of his sire and his mothers will to see proper succession take place. On the other, Rhaenyra Targaryen. They say that she was the Kings choice to follow in his place. They say he was ardent about it actually. So who has better claim? If your husband had died and wanted to see rule go to his brother instead of his son, who should the rest of the Reach see as the true Lord? As oaths go, Lords make oaths to other Lords, knights make oaths to Kings, their Lords, the poor, but to who first? I believe that talking Lord Hightower away from supporting his kin would damage you in Hightower eyes and those looking to support Allicent. I also believe that those that favor Rhaenyra and our late Kings will, may be just as hard to sway. Speak to them of Allicent rights and you may find Highgarden the object of many Lords loathing, even after the war is over should Rhaenyra be victorious. Favoring peace rather than fighting on the wrong side may be the most beneficial course of action for House Tyrell, at least for now. Let the others squabble for now I say. And when you are ready to slowly side, let House Grimm be your shield once more and use us in your name. Without putting yours at risk.
    Alester took a breath at long last after his little speech. It was a lot to say and even more to digest if she was wise, and Uthor as well. The various angles of this war were apparent to him but Alester was unsure if the details were fully grasped by him.

This time Alester let out a chuckle. He shook his head and ignored the food a bit to rejoin the conversation. A meeting of Lords you say my Lady? Let us examine the situation Lady Alla. On one side is Allicent Hightower. I say her because Aegon's claim is of little consequence to some and it is his wife that will stir Reach Lords to his cause. His claim is substantiated by the loins of his sire and his mothers will to see proper succession take place. On the other, Rhaenyra Targaryen. They say that she was the Kings choice to follow in his place. They say he was ardent about it actually. So who has better claim? If your husband had died and wanted to see rule go to his brother instead of his son, who should the rest of the Reach see as the true Lord? As oaths go, Lords make oaths to other Lords, knights make oaths to Kings, their Lords, the poor, but to who first? I believe that talking Lord Hightower away from supporting his kin would damage you in Hightower eyes and those looking to support Allicent. I also believe that those that favor Rhaenyra and our late Kings will, may be just as hard to sway. Speak to them of Allicent rights and you may find Highgarden the object of many Lords loathing, even after the war is over should Rhaenyra be victorious. Favoring peace rather than fighting on the wrong side may be the most beneficial course of action for House Tyrell, at least for now. Let the others squabble for now I say. And when you are ready to slowly side, let House Grimm be your shield once more and use us in your name. Without putting yours at risk.
    Alester took a breath at long last after his little speech. It was a lot to say and even more to digest if she was wise, and Uthor as well. The various angles of this war were apparent to him but Alester was unsure if the details were fully grasped by him.

You speak true cousin. Tyrell would be better served remaining aloft of the fighting. However I fear what will come of the reach when the fighting stops. What happens when the new ruler bestows their favour on a lesser? The Rowans want Highgarden. The Oakhearts want Highgarden. The Florents believe Highgarden is theirs. Should one of them be granted honour and titles for their service then Lyonel's position will weaken. I must make a decision. I must decide which of the evils to stand beside and which to stand against. Though perhaps I get ahead of myself. The meeting will be called, and if nothing is decided, as I hope the case will be, I will have at least gathered some knowledge as to the lords who most openly defy my son's authority.

War was never pretty. As the years went on, old battles became glorious deeds written in the history books and songs sung by a thousand voices. At the present, they were ugly things.

Should any of them do so, I will be glad of the presence of my shield.

Spoken like a true lady Paramount. I will stay at highgarden until the meeting is adjourned and possibly after that. My sons as well. We shall see how the wind blows.
    Alester said with a quaint smile

A raven arrives for Lady Alla from Dragonstone.

--

My Lady of Tyrell, greetings. Prince Jacaerys is gone to Winterfell to treat with Lord Stark and the Northern lords. From there he shall fly straight to Highgarden, to meet with you and your son and offer his condolences on your husband's passing. I will see to it that the Prince learns of your request regarding his dragon, and can assure he will gladly acquiesce with this or any other conditions you wish to set for his visit. The Prince has heard much and more of your kind heart, and has often spoken of the beauty and grace of Highgarden's fair flower since he caught sight of you at the feast. You may rest assured so long as he live no harm shall ever befall you or your son or the fair lands watered by the Mander, for the thoughts he has towards you both are of friendship and amity from start to finish.

Finally, I place myself at my Lady's disposal should you require anything of the Prince or the Council at Dragonstone in the meantime.

By his own hand, Ser Corwyn Corbray, the Prince's kinsman and right hand.

Another raven arrives for Lady Alla, this time from Winterfell.

To my fair Lady of Highgarden, greetings.

I pray you and your darling boy are both well. It is still my intention to come forth to Highgarden at the earliest opportunity, however, there has been something of a change in my circumstances. It seems my betrothed shall marry the heir of Winterfell, pursuant to Lord Stark's declaration of support for my mother. Accordingly, I must look elsewhere for a Queen to stand at my side in due time. I therefore ask your leave to come to Highgarden not as an envoy, but as a suitor for your hand, upon the cancellation of this my former betrothal.

By his own hand, Jacaerys of Houses Velaryon and Targaryen, Prince of Dragonstone.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast