Page 1 of 12 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Great Hall of the Red Keep

Lucius Malfoy's Avatar Pure-Blood
    Citizen

Default Great Hall of the Red Keep

The Great Hall of the Red Keep

The Great Hall is the throne room of the king. The Iron Throne sits on a raised iron dais with high and narrow steps.
    A long carpet stretches from the throne to the Hall's great oak-and-bronze doors. The Hall itself is cavernous, and can sit 1,000 people.
    It is oriented north to south, with high, narrow windows on the eastern and western walls. House Targaryen banners are seen hanging from the highest points of the hall.
    On either side of the throne rest skulls of the great dragons that came before. Among those skulls are Meraxes and Balerion the Black Dread.
    Gaming Director for the Gaming Staff
    Gaming Director for the Play-by-Post Subforum and the RPG Shed

Citizen

Default Re: Great Hall of the Red Keep

The crown of the Conqueror rested neatly upon the head of Aegon the Elder, who just overnight, was made Lord of the Seven Kingdoms. The young King remembered receiving word of his father's death; it had been late one evening while his grandfather was entertaining Jaehaerys and Jaehaera with tales of their ancestors and of dragons. The servants said that the King then calmly sent the twins away and went to bed, never to awake again. He remembered hearing the arguments of his mother and Ser Criston Cole, now known as the Kingmaker, to take up the crown of the Conqueror and become his father's true successor. And so, Aegon did. In a quick and quiet coronation, the young Prince is elevated to Aegon, the Second of His Name, King of the Andals, the Rhoynar and the First Men, Lord of the Seven Kingdoms, and Protector of the Realm. His heart's desire had been fulfilled, yet it came with some consequences.

Word had come that Ser Steffon Darklyn had fled shortly after the death of Viserys I, carrying away the crown of Aegon's father and disappearing. His destination was likely that of Aegon's half-sister, Rhaenyra, who had returned to Dragonstone with her children and husband. Yet this news did not deter Aegon. He knew what had to be done. In doing so, he called for his brother, Aemond, for an important mission.

Aemond waltzed into the Red Keep, as his brother had bid. He had spent the night with a common whore in a pleasure house, but still woke up angry after his spat with Jace. Desperately he had wanted to bury a sword into the bastards skull, but his father had still lived and he would have had his head all the same. The gleaming sapphire was gone, replaced by a simple eyepatch, and a small fuzz had grown on his chin after he had neglected shaving. His appearance was certainly distinctive, all eyes knew who now approached the Iron Throne.

Brother. He said, nonchalantly, and offered a curt bow.

Citizen

Aegon sat upon the Iron Throne, looking as lazy and sullen as he ever was. The ancestral sword of Aegon the Conqueror, Blackfyre, resting against the Iron Throne with the protective watch of the Kingsguard present. Aegon smiles at his brother.

Aemond, I have a mission for you. Though I have sent a raven to the Stormlands, I want you to secure the allegiance of House Baratheon personally.

The King leans forward to speak further on this mission.

I do not have many positions on the Small Council as you know. And since you are without a bride, perhaps the Iron Throne can secure their allegiance through marriage. After all, Lord Baratheon has four available and able daughters, all of whom have beauty and strength. I believe a martial union between the King's brother and one of his daughters would bring House Baratheon into our fold and with them, the Stormland's military and naval might added to our own.

Aemond merely smiled slightly, and scratched at his chin as he thought about what his brother said.

Very well, brother. I shall fly Vhagar to Storm's End, and treat with Lord Baratheon.
    His expression turned sour, and his eye narrowed, as if recalling some harsh memory. His finger reached for his temple, and twitched instinctively as it neared his empty socket.
    But woe betide any of the strong boys should any cross my path. I will throw their heads before the Iron Throne. He spat the words with a grimace.

Citizen

Aegon grins at his brother when the mention of Rhaenyra's bastards was heard.

Do as you please, Aemond. If those Strong bastards get in your way, the Crown will look the other way. At least it will eliminate competition.

The King then gestures for his brother to take his leave and head off to the Stormlanders.

Aemond bows once more, and departed for the courtyard where his dragon waited. Vhagar could be seen soaring moments later, her emerald wings bearing the pair south.

The Mad Skylord's Avatar Tribunus

Barriston Crakehall had come with all haste when he had heard the news. The King was dead! Aegon crowned... I was right, war has come to Westeros. Sweeping confidently into the hall, he marches up and kneels before Aegon II, King of Westeros.

"My king, I am here to swear fealty."

A handsome, gaunt woman arrives to speak with the King.

Lady Corbray does not wear her distinctive cloak in order to not be readily identified by servants and the like.

Jokern's Avatar Mowbray of Nottingham

Ser Rickard Thorne of the Kingsguard stood quietly at the foot of the Iron Throne, as immovable as a rock. He had followed his commander and brother Ser Criston Cole and had sworn fealty to Aegon II, now sitting upon the throne. It was the right choice, he told himself. Aegon was the eldest son, the crown was rightfully his Despite this, there was a feeling of disgust in his belly. Rickard had disobeyed the last wishes of Viserys by not supporting Rhaenyra, and now the dynasty had split in two. No doubt would the rest of the realm follow suit Sighing lightly, the knight kept watch over the lords and ladies of the court. If he ever met Ser Steffon Darklyn again, Ser Rickard swore that he would end the traitorous bastard's life with his own bare hands.

----

The Queen Dowager, Alicent Hightower, stood off to the side, looking proudly upon her eldest son. He looked so regal sitting on the Iron Throne, much like his father had in his youth. The little whore on Dragonstone would most certainly rally those still loyal to her, but let her come, she thought, smirking. Alicent would make sure Aegon fed his half-sister to Sunfyre.

----

Lord Eustace Thorne entered the court of Aegon II, waiting his turn to kneel and swear fealty to the new king. When the news reached Attadale, he had pondered what to do for some time. Standing here now, he hoped that it had been the right one. By all the laws of gods and men, Aegon should succeed his father, like Eustace had done. That his brother was a green played a big part as well. Lord Eustace had always admired his little brother for his choices in life, and with Rickard's elevation to the kingsguard, their house's reputation had soared. Swearing fealty early could mean a lot for the Thornes' position in the Crownlands. As long as they won, of course.

Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Jokern View Post
    Lord Eustace Thorne entered the court of Aegon II, waiting his turn to kneel and swear fealty to the new king. When the news reached Attadale, he had pondered what to do for some time. Standing here now, he hoped that it had been the right one. By all the laws of gods and men, Aegon should succeed his father, like Eustace had done. That his brother was a green played a big part as well. Lord Eustace had always admired his little brother for his choices in life, and with Rickard's elevation to the kingsguard, their house's reputation had soared. Swearing fealty early could mean a lot for the Thornes' position in the Crownlands. As long as they won, of course.
    Aegon raises his hand, indicating for Lord Thorne to rise. A smile appears upon the King's sullen face.

Lord Thorne, it is good of you to come. How is your home in the Reach?

Quote Originally Posted by Velasco View Post
    A handsome, gaunt woman arrives to speak with the King.

Lady Corbray does not wear her distinctive cloak in order to not be readily identified by servants and the like.
    Lady Corbray is permitted to come forth and speak to Aegon. The King sits upon the Iron Throne when she arrives, waiting for her to speak.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucius Malfoy View Post
    Lady Corbray is permitted to come forth and speak to Aegon. The King sits upon the Iron Throne when she arrives, waiting for her to speak.
    Still unidentified, Lady Farra Corbray pulls back her hood and curtsies slightly before pulling the hood back up. She could not risk courtiers or spies noting her presence. Your Highness. Would it be possible to speak in more private quarters? I come to speak of rather sensitive matters. I am unarmed and unaccompanied, your men can verify.

Jokern's Avatar Mowbray of Nottingham

Aegon raises his hand, indicating for Lord Thorne to rise. A smile appears upon the King's sullen face.

Lord Thorne, it is good of you to come. How is your home in the Reach?
    Eustace rose, with an expression of mild confusion on his face.

"Thank you, your Grace. My lands and family are healthy and fine, but they are just south of King's Landing. Anyway, I've come to give your Grace my oath of allegiance, as you are the true heir to the Iron Throne. House Thorne has always been loyal to House Targaryen, and it is with great pride for us to see my brother as one of your Grace's kingsguard."

Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Velasco View Post
    Still unidentified, Lady Farra Corbray pulls back her hood and curtsies slightly before pulling the hood back up. She could not risk courtiers or spies noting her presence. Your Highness. Would it be possible to speak in more private quarters? I come to speak of rather sensitive matters. I am unarmed and unaccompanied, your men can verify.
    Aegon grimaces and glances at his mother and the Kingsguard. Then his gaze returns to Corbray.

I am sorry, but the Kingsguard and my mother stay. Even if I allowed it, my mother would refuse it, so would my Lord Commander.

Quote Originally Posted by Jokern View Post
    Eustace rose, with an expression of mild confusion on his face.

"Thank you, your Grace. My lands and family are healthy and fine, but they are just south of King's Landing. Anyway, I've come to give your Grace my oath of allegiance, as you are the true heir to the Iron Throne. House Thorne has always been loyal to House Targaryen, and it is with great pride for us to see my brother as one of your Grace's kingsguard."

Lord Thorne, your words bring comfort to my ears and make me a very happy King. Tell me, as a Reachlord, what is Tyrell's position so far? I wish to bring their fertile fields and large armies to my fold.

((Ooc: What about Crakehall?))

Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Skylord_Conor21 View Post
    Barriston Crakehall had come with all haste when he had heard the news. The King was dead! Aegon crowned... I was right, war has come to Westeros. Sweeping confidently into the hall, he marches up and kneels before Aegon II, King of Westeros.

"My king, I am here to swear fealty."
    (Whoops)

Aegon's eyebrow goes up slightly at the appearance of Lord Crakehall. He thought Tyland would have come here sooner than a vassal.

You have come within days of my proclamation, Lord Crakehall. Seems like you were expecting this to happen when my own father wasn't even aware.

Crakehall smiles slightly.

"I live on the Ocean Road. It is remarkably easy to get to the capitol from Crakehall in a small company. I came with all haste when I heard. I felt you needed as many of your supporters to come as quickly as possible, to cement your kinghood, should Rhaenyra make a move for the throne."

Citizen

Aegon snorts slightly at that comment.

Rhaenyra is pregnant, I doubt she could even move fast enough at the throne. Besides, her Strong bastards are an incompetent lot, only her husband Daemon has skill and wit which puts my half-sister at a disadvantage.

Aegon grimaces and glances at his mother and the Kingsguard. Then his gaze returns to Corbray.

I am sorry, but the Kingsguard and my mother stay. Even if I allowed it, my mother would refuse it, so would my Lord Commander..
    She nodded. By all means. I seek only shelter from the prying eyes of the court at large.

Crakehall raises an eyebrow.

"Corlys the Sea Snake has always been her ally. Daemon has more knowledge of war than anyone, including me, in the Seven Kingdoms. I would not advise underestimating them."

Page 1 of 12 1234567891011 ... LastLast